Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASWDI Ticker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gong back to school

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will be at BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY this month

Tentative date - <span style="font-weight: bold">April 26th</span>.

Very excited about this trip because they have a very large organization at this school. Will report how it turns out .
    </div></div>

Werk it girl
    ---------------------------
    Be Yourself &amp; Know Yourself

Comment

April is off to a good start. I have another email, this time from Towson State University
      The following is their email message

------------------------------------------------
      <span style="font-weight: bold">When</span>: Thursday, April 21
      <span style="font-weight: bold">Time</span>: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
      <span style="font-weight: bold">Location: </span>Towson University (University Union rooms 314-315)

Towson State Univ Caribbean Student Association is holding a reading and signing of the best selling Jamaican book &quot;A Soh Wi Do It!&quot;. Author Joelle Cohen Wright will be speaking to the CSA about her experience writing the book. She will read excerpts from the book and take questions from the audience. All are encouraged to attend.

Kasi Hadley
      President of Caribbean Students Council 2010-2011

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

what bout out them university in florida (and other places with whole heap a jcan )....u try contacting those caribbean student organizations?
        “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

Mi have a plan CB.. Right now I am staying local where travel is easy ..I am in the midst of writing the follow up and some odda tings weh a keep mi busy rigth now.

I am taking off from writing next year where I can pick up some outside travel. Mi haffi have time fi coordinate dem deh plans cause mi waan hit as many places wid di wan air fare

Comment

Thank you Ceabee hurry and come Wendy...and mi nuh deh a So FL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CeaBee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what bout out them university in florida (and other places with whole heap a jcan )....u try contacting those caribbean student organizations?

</div></div>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mi have a plan CB.. Right now I am staying local where travel is easy ..I am in the midst of writing the follow up and some odda tings weh a keep mi busy rigth now.

I am taking off from writing next year where I can pick up some outside travel. Mi haffi have time fi coordinate dem deh plans cause mi waan hit as many places wid di wan air fare </div></div>

air fare? that's what cars are for

and no need for a hotel when u have peppa, xavier, and miss exced all clamouring fi provide u wid food and lodging

that is how a true jcan dweet

Comment

Wah? .. mi naah drive noh furda dan NY... any furda dan dat, plane a dweet.
                How come yuh naah offa up your place Where is your neck of di woods? Mek mi si if mi can tour your area

Comment

Actually I was invited somewhere in FL Ms Exced. Mi wi mek di announcement as soon as di date finalize ... It gwine to be in North Pompano Beach...Are you close?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wah? .. mi naah drive noh furda dan NY... any furda dan dat, plane a dweet.
                    How come yuh naah offa up your place Where is your neck of di woods? Mek mi si if mi can tour your area </div></div>

is just me one live here ...no more jcans

Comment

Yuh si how yuh wikid an lie
                      Is a good ting mi did sign yuh book to yuh husban caah yuh too tan bad...

Comment

• Re: Going back to school

Two more hours and I am on the road. Hoping for a good turn out at Towson.
                        Going through the usual butterflies and excitement all tigeda.

Wish mi luck!

<span style="font-style: italic">****OOPS... Below is the Bowie State event ..meant to copy the Towson State wan****</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will be at BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY this month

Tentative date - <span style="font-weight: bold">April 26th</span>.

Very excited about this trip because they have a very large organization at this school. Will report how it turns out .
                        </div></div>

Comment

Mi aggo try mek di Bowie State event seeing as doah Quodlibet giving out feel up

Mek sure yuh bring nuff book as mi waan bout 5 signed by the author

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mi aggo try mek di Bowie State event seeing as doah Quodlibet giving out feel up

Mek sure yuh bring nuff book as mi waan bout 5 signed by the author </div></div>

Great! Hope yuh can make it. Would be nice for them to see someone else who worked on the book also The students are usually fun. So far they are blast to be around. Mi hear seh Bowie have a big CSA so I am hoping the turn out wil be descent

Towson state report coming soon.

Comment

• Towson State Report

The trip to Towson was great. Arrived and was greeted by one of the members. Lawd dib way talk mi ears an all now mi cudden tell yuh we him seh cause im deh pan wan pieca twanging. Anyway as wi was walking across di campus wid di big “A SOH WI DO IT” poster in hand the eyes of the students on campus were riveted on it. Well mi noh surprise cause di sinting bright like morning star. The young man was shouting to whoever im know “You coming – right? I assumed he was talking about coming to the CSA meeting.

After they took care of business, I was up. Did mi normal intro an began to read from the book. When I was reading one of the stores from the Dread’s response wan girl a dead and drap affa di chair – LITERALLY! Den everybody a dead wid har. Den shi get up an ask mi fi stop cause shi ago use di batroom I had to stop the reading til shi come back. When she bought her book she said, “you made my night..I have never laughed like this in a long time” Her eyes were still blood shot red. That was my favorite moment. (She is in the gree t-shirt in the photo below)

Lots a good question and they were interested to know what other plans I have for the book. A few of the young men bought books for the Moms for mother’s day! Dat was nice. The book does make a great Mother’s day gift now that I think about it. Anyway, the participation was great and more importantly, the laughter was non stop. A Soh Wi Do It!

Comment

• Re: Towson State Report

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X