Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASWDI Ticker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LMBO @ Stormey!

Dis is too bloody funny now man

Mi hope mi noh get har inna trubbe wid yuh but it did too sweet mi nuffi share

((Stormmey) Hush . a soh it go
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I am going through mail this morning and low an behold there is one email from Stormey's cousin. Gonna post the email with some parts that made me laugh affa Stormey..Sorry Stormey it too good fi kip secret.

-------------------
      <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Enjoyed your book even though it took me a long time to read. If my cousin was more helpful with the translation I would have finished ages ago. <span style="color: #000099">My cousin is XXXXX and I think her board name is storm, she is always raving about jamaicans.com that when we have family reunion everyone usually tells her to shut up we hear enough every day about Jamaicans from her. (laughing)</span>

She said I stole her book (laughing) and then want her to help me with translation. Seriously though, now that am finished I can now return the book to her and let me say I really really enjoyed the book immensely, I will buy the other releases myself will not steal from her again A few of your copies ended up all over Europe with other family members as gifts, so now myself and XXXX doing the translation/try to when we speak with them, when she is not sending us to jamaican dictionary.&lt;==<span style="font-style: italic">lawd a mercy pan unu )</span>

I come on the site periodically and read, cannot understand everything that is said in jest but I try. I have read one of your comic relief/susse and found it hilarious (jojo) help me understand some of the Susse, <span style="color: #000099">also we think her patois stinks (laughing) but she thinks it is the real deal (laughing again)</span>

Wish you well with your writing, I think you have the gift to make people laugh no matter what their origin.</div></div>
      </div></div>

If I laugh anymore..I gwine die fi real. Wendy, please tell me is not a real mail this you get. OMG. Poor Stormmey. weeeiiiiiii......
      Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

LOL ILP..Yu cyaan mek up sinting like dis.. too classic .. of all the reader mail this by far is di bess An she was so non assuming in her comments.

Den yuh noh Stormey cousin jus as bad.. shi call di Suss Report - &quot;susse&quot; . Shi said it twice to

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL ILP..Yu cyaan mek up sinting like dis.. too classic .. of all the reader mail this by far is di bess An she was so non assuming in her comments.

Den yuh noh Stormey cousin jus as bad.. shi call di Suss Report - &quot;susse&quot; . Shi said it twice to

</div></div>

English is not her first language.....she spell it like how she talk.....French and Swedish.....then English.....but u cannot tell her she does not have the English language down pat. I email and text her so far the only response I get is her texting me back saying she laughing. I sent her the link.....her response I didn't know she would share it on jamaicans.com As fee u Wendy a gwine ketch up pon u one day when u least expect it.....like when u dey a di University or someplace like dat...a gwine sour u sauce iiesi

You did good in the report and pics at the University girl....happy for you....and is true u look like one a the schoolers dem
          Your belief don't make you a better person, your behaviour does. Love is what we were born with, fear is what we learn.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">English is not her first language.....she spell it like how she talk.....French and Swedish.....then English.</div></div>

Ok I see.. Hope she know wi mek it a habit of meking fun a yuh patwa skills soh no hard feelings Like mi did tell har inna mi emial , she made my day

Comment

• Bowie State Trip report

Another fantastic group to be with. Students at Bowie state proved to be the most enthusiastic bunch since I started visiting colleges. Dem had food set up and most importantly dem set up a “sound system” fi play two rub-a-dub

They started off with an icebreaker game and threw me in the midst of the game which I had no clue how to play. So my team lost. Anyway, after that they turned over the meeting to me. Interestingly they had their CSA advisor, on lady name Professor Bromwell, at the meeting so mi know mi had to come good. Read a few stories and it must have sweet di Professor because her question to me was: “have you gone to Howard University yet? I told her no, I cannot reach a contact there. She quickly said: “ I know just the person you can talk to.” So she took my info and told me I will her from her when she gets the proper contact info. That is awesome!

Again, the students asked some good questions and some bought books for their Moms. One young lady made me laugh when she said she buying a book for her Mom and her two friends because: “ Mi noh waan none a dem come barraw mi book.. mi a mek sure dem have fi dem own.” Lawd a mercy...fi wi people noh easy a tall. Yuh can si har pose aff below wid har 4 book dem. Shi determine seh nobaddy naah barraw fi har book. LOL

Comment

• Re: Bowie State Trip report

Poster on the door

Sound system a set up ..hhehhehehee

Comment

Professor is in the front with members of the CSA

Bookmarks that I travel with for the students

Comment

Comment

• Re: Towson State Report

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

</div></div>

Wendy, why is that man's index finger checking if the room is too cold?
                      ---------------------------
                      Be Yourself &amp; Know Yourself

Comment

• Re: Going back to school

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mi aggo try mek di Bowie State event seeing as doah Quodlibet giving out feel up

Mek sure yuh bring nuff book as mi waan bout 5 signed by the author </div></div>

PZ please dont advertise! Mi no gi weh feel up to any an anybody...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quodlibet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mi aggo try mek di Bowie State event seeing as doah Quodlibet giving out feel up </div></div>

PZ please dont advertise! Mi no gi weh feel up to any an anybody... </div></div>

oh. so dat mean dat mi was yuh target?

Comment

Hi Quodlibet..

Im did ask permission fi hug mi fi di pictra but maasi Jesas Im sure was wan <span style="font-style: italic">happy </span>customa

FYI All
                            I was booked for Prince Georges Community College this Wednesday (May 4th) and I had to cancel. It was a bit too rushed. Dem was trying to get me in before they went on break and mi noh tink dem did any preparation.. so mi tell dem let's regroup and do it wan next time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quodlibet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mi aggo try mek di Bowie State event seeing as doah Quodlibet giving out feel up </div></div>

PZ please dont advertise! Mi no gi weh feel up to any an anybody... </div></div>

oh. so dat mean dat mi was yuh target? </div></div>

Ummm... mi haffi draw fi di fifth pon da one deh... a fifth a Whites!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Quodlibet..

Im did ask permission fi hug mi fi di pictra but maasi Jesas Im sure was wan <span style="font-style: italic">happy </span>customa
                              </div></div>

Mi no blame him, after all...

Comment

• Florida here I come

Heading to Florida fi di Weekend.. Will be on the jet tomorrow morning

Will be at the:

WYNDHAM PALM AIRE RESORT &amp; SPA in Pompano Beach fi an event that includes a book reading and signing of &quot;A Soh Wi do It!

Will also be seeing friends I haven't seen in over 25 years

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X