Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASWDI Ticker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Back to School Again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY_PeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And this by far is the school I wanted to score the most. -- HOWARD UNIVERSITY!!

Will be performing for their Caribbean Students tentatively on <span style="font-weight: bold">NOV 4TH.</span>
    Soooo excited about getting into Howard </div></div>

And I can do this one

Gwaan choo Wendy

Comment

Please please come do dis wan .. Would love to expose the students to smaddy else weh work wid di book. Maybe yuh wi inspire a few a dem wid yuh<span style="text-decoration: line-through"> charm </span>mad self

BTW - Yuh cyaan do Bowie? Dat wan is next week at 5 PM (I think that is the time they gave me) But truly having you at any one would be great
      <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

Gosh Darn it ..Peasie Bowie is <span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Oct 12th!!!</span></span> at 5 pm

<span style="font-style: italic">Mi betta get dis ting right anoh goh miss di event </span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY_PeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh Darn it ..Peasie Bowie is <span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Oct 12th!!!</span></span> at 5 pm

<span style="font-style: italic">Mi betta get dis ting right anoh goh miss di event </span> </div></div>

I will be there

Comment

Awesome...we'll chat.

Comment

• Reader email.. question

I am coming to unu fi some advice. This is serious talk mi a talk.

I have been confronted by several readers about bringing my sketches to the stage. One lady in Canada told me that she taught drama and would love to use the book for plays. I was stumped (confused as what to tell her) Each time I keep saying let me consult an attorney

I am getting more and more of these type of emails from readers. Just got another one a few minutes ago. See below.

Here is the question..the book obliviously have been copyrighted with the expressed notice that the book cannot be reproduced in any manner without author's consent. Is it OK to give any an any bady willie nilly permission to reenact the sketches in drama class or on stage? I really need advice. Weh mi muss do or say to these people?
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              <span style="color: #000099">On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM, &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote:

Everytime I read your work especially the earthquake in DC I just imagine my theatre arts class bringing this to the stage. Have you ever considered perhaps bringing a few of your parodies to the stage or even writing a play.

What advice could you give to a drama teacher like myself; teaching at a prep school where students are not exactly encouraged to embrace their culture.

After reading just once your work has been engraved into my memory.

KEEP WRITING BECAUSE MY MIND JUST HUNGERS FOR MORE!
              Sent 07:15:52 PM UTC, Tuesday October 11 2011 by Chieniel ([email protected]). </span>

Comment

• Re: Reader email.. question

I would consult a copy-write lawyer or Dr Dudd he knows everything about everything.

Comment

http://lecatr.people.wm.edu/copy.htm

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://lecatr.people.wm.edu/copy.htm </div></div>

LOL @ the Dr Dudd comment

I really appreciate this Tanya.. I read it from top to bottom.
                    They are essentially saying that people cannot &quot;act out&quot; a copyrighted play without written consent from the author. I read where it said that you can sue for infringement if the work is registered with the Library of Congress (which ASWDI is)

I also plucked the brain of a lawyer friend and she went a step further. She asserts that they have to say in writing the intent of use...meaning a drama teacher should not produce the book as a play and charge folks to come see the play because of the copyright. Therefore, they can bring it to the stage but not with the intent to profit.

hmmmmnnn... Lots to take in. I am indeed flattered that they want to bring to book to the drama classes .. I was just not sure how to respond. But the site helped a lot. Thanks a great deal

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY_PeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And this by far is the school I wanted to score the most. -- HOWARD UNIVERSITY!!

Will be performing for their Caribbean Students tentatively on <span style="font-weight: bold">NOV 4TH.</span>
                      Soooo excited about getting into Howard </div></div>

And I can do this one

Gwaan choo Wendy </div></div>
                      u deh bout the 5th too?
                      If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                      We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

• Bowie State Visit

Thanking Bowie State for inviting me back to read for the rest of the CSA members.
                        Also, big up to Gungo Peas for coming out to support me in this event The students loved you.After all, yuh coulda pass as one a di students.

Lovely group of people. One of them offered to do a voice over for the characters if mi eva have the need to have the book recorded Apparently he is a Theatre arts students and is aspiring to be an actor. Not bad.

Sharing a few pics from the day

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> u deh bout the 5th too? </div></div>

yuh coming? yuh staying wid me?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peasie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> u deh bout the 5th too? </div></div>

yuh coming? yuh staying wid me? </div></div>

The whole pack is coming peasie so mi book a hotel downtown but can run away leff dem as usual

Comment

• ASWDI Gone Electronic!

Hey there folks
                              <span style="font-weight: bold">
                              ASWDI has been converted to an e-book for those with e-reader devices.

ASWDI can be downloaded on a KINDLE FROM HERE!

ASWDI can be downloaded on a NOOK FROM HERE! </span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Thanks for the continued support...</span>

Comment

• Re: ASWDI Gone Electronic!

for you Wendy
                                Will the next book go live as an ereader from the beginning?

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X