Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASWDI Ticker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sangsters BOOK store- Finally- ASWDI Ticker

Done....
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CeaBee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

u nuh Wendy all likka me would buy it long time if it was in the store

(me just nuh like order tings offa internet .....what? )

but since me sit here me gwine order it now </div></div>

I know CB.. Yuh not the only one.. This is the downside of being self published .. You dont have the big name machine behind you to push you unto the shelve so yuh have to pound the pavements to get it done.

Right now people here ordering for their families back home an mi feel bad in a way because dem a do dble duty ..pay fi ship to dem an play again to ship back home. But mi happy fi dem support still. Jus want yaad people fi get access as soon as possible.

This would be a major load off mi back a tell yuh.
      <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

Re: I HAVE A DATE - ASWDI Ticker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wendy me excited fee u tu....skin pupperlicks </div></div>

dear Gad help dis likkle jafakan </div></div>

</div></div>

yuh muss mine weh u a chat say cus dem deh breeda a skin out talk sound a little perverted.

and while i am at it....u been driving me crazy wid this scotch bonnie pepper thing. its not bonnie its bonnet </div></div>

DWL I can see the sequel has some good material available... 'A Soh <span style="font-weight: bold">Dem </span>Do it!' With a whole section on Stormmey and the Jafakans!!

http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
        in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

Re: BASHMENT PHOTOS - ASWDI Ticker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs_Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every morning I visit my email IN Box ... the reader feedback and comments are always so uplifting. I spend some time and respond to everyone of them to show my appreciation for them taking the time to write.

This email struck me though... check this out. This lady is from Canada and is talking about a parody I wrote back in 1999/2000 there about. Amazing.

<span style="color: #000066">Joelle (may I be so brave to call you by your first name without meeting you?)

A friend of mine sent me your site link and am really happy he did. I thoroughly enjoy reading your site especially your Laugh Corner. <span style="font-weight: bold">I am often called upon to read dialect poetry and prose in Ottawa and not so long ago someone sent me the parody on the Jamaican Bus in an email - author unknown. It was read at a tribute I organized for Miss Lou and the audience went crazy throughout the reading! Now I know who the author is and accept my congratulations.</span> Whenever I read it in the future, you will be given the respect and acknowledgment due to the great piece of writing. Thank you.
          Sent 01:19:32 PM UTC, Wednesday February 2 2011 by Margaret </span> </div></div>

that gave me goose bumps~! Gwan true Wendy!! </div></div>

That's my friend yuh knoa!!

ETA we are working together on Committee and she does a heap of other community work as well... she is also part of a 'folk group' -traditional song and dance, skits etc...

Comment

Wendy, your book is gracing the law offices of Debbie-Ann Gordon &amp; Associates brand new stocious offices on Harbour Street. She was honored to have the VERY FIRST copy of your book in Jamaica ... aside fram yuh maddah ... at least dat was how mi present it . She put it in a conference room for all her clients to see.

I gave a copy to a friend who is first cousin to Joan Andrea Hutchinson (Dat Bumpy Head Gal) ... yuh know how alla wi conneckted inna Jamaica .

Gal, yuh a goh places

Comment

It just occurred to me.... this is probably the first time a new book has come out that we're not scrambling to do a book review! Interview is ongoing, reviews ongoing, possibilities endless!

Comment

den from di time CB mek big boast she never order di book yet
                Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">den from di time CB mek big boast she never order di book yet

</div></div>

BOADWL Vegas miseh mi love yuh, mi love yuh, mi love yuh, soh til. Yuh a di bes. Yuh ago gi mi boasen wan a dese days fram all dis laffing Yuh cudden si dat an mek it paas? \o/

Yuh mussi noh tiyad fi get bax dung. LOL

Comment

Photos of Morgan States - ASWDI Ticker

Here is a sneak peek of Morgan State Visit.

Me and the CSA President

CSA VP

Comment

• Re: Photos of Morgan States - ASWDI Ticker

<span style="font-weight: bold">CSA Members</span>

Comment

• Re: Sangsters BOOK store- Finally- ASWDI Ticker

no wonder we get along same soh mi stay, but mi buy mine before you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CeaBee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

u nuh Wendy all likka me would buy it long time if it was in the store

(me just nuh like order tings offa internet .....what? )

but since me sit here me gwine order it now </div></div>

Comment

• Re: Photos of Morgan States - ASWDI Ticker

brap, brap

Comment

• Re: Sangsters BOOK store- Finally- ASWDI Ticker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">den from di time CB mek big boast she never order di book yet

</div></div>

BOADWL Vegas miseh mi love yuh, mi love yuh, mi love yuh, soh til. Yuh a di bes. Yuh ago gi mi boasen wan a dese days fram all dis laffing Yuh cudden si dat an mek it paas? \o/

Yuh mussi noh tiyad fi get bax dung. LOL </div></div>

bway wendy mi granny use to say &quot;yuh likkle mout want briggle&quot;. i just cant help it
                            Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

• A SOH WI DWEET!- Finally- ASWDI Ticker

Waht di hell A fren a mine jus sen mi dis .. I are deading

Dis a go bi mi Theme sang when mi goh pan tour Waaiiaii Mi belly a hat mi

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lt7gRwszvt4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lt7gRwszvt4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Comment

• Re: A SOH WI DWEET!- Finally- ASWDI Ticker

Try Colin Channer, the creator of the Treasure Beach, St. Bess book festival.
                                He must surely know how and who to get your book on the shelves of Jamaica book stores
                                Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X