Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASWDI Ticker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step Closer!!

Sangsters book store received the book this past Monday. They called yesterday.. According to my contact, upon seeing the cover alone they were excited. The review team got to work on the review right away. One of them took it home and read it on the bus on her journey. She said she couldn't contain the laughter and the tears were flowing.

She said the conductor asked her is she was OK. when he saw her leaving the bus with tears streaming down

Sangsters is ready to make the next move.. but I wont know for sure when not until they call me back which will be sometime Next week. They say its clearly A GO for them ..they will need to contact Ingram (the distributor of the books) and work out the details and get back to them

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">God is good!!</span> </span>
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

• Re: One step Closer!!

Yes he is everytime!

Congrats girl

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">God is good!!</span> </span> [/quote]

Comment

wendy ur success brings tears to my eyes. congrats on all the steps u are taking, big and small, to fulfill the potential you have shown for so long.

<span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

Wendy next career tekking off!!!!!
          If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
          We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Bless yuh MG Thanks much.

On this note , I think I ought to mention something here. Though most of the work in pushing ASWDI is done on my end, I am also blessed with an army of folks pounding the pavements and offering help wherever they can - from Peasie to Q3210 to Sista D ..to strangers from FaceBook I have never even met.

I even got an email from a lady who attended the book launch who told me she took the book to an establishment herself and had them read excerpts from the book and gave them my contact info to have me do a reading at one of her events this summer. This is the kind of support I am emphasizing here. It has been overwhelming to say the least how may people have vested interest in seeing the book take off.

I cannot thank them enough.

To the folks on my FB ..please continue to share any relevant updates on your FB page. I appreciate it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wendy ur success brings tears to my eyes. congrats on all the steps u are taking, big and small, to fulfill the potential you have shown for so long.

</div></div>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wendy next career tekking off!!!!! </div></div>

Hhehehehee... Never thought of it as a career .. Mi still inna di hobby mode

Speaking of career taking off Devonee Thompson is on cloud 9 right now.. She has gotten 2 requests so far <span style="text-decoration: underline">from Jamaica</span> for work.. Her cover has garnered her some notoriety. Well deserved . I am so happy for her

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wendy next career tekking off!!!!! </div></div>

Hhehehehee... Never thought of it as a career .. Mi still inna di hobby mode

Speaking of career taking off Devonee Thompson is on cloud 9 right now.. She has gotten 2 requests so far <span style="text-decoration: underline">from Jamaica</span> for work.. Her cover has garnered her some notoriety. Well deserved . I am so happy for her </div></div>

and for Devonee... Her artwork is fantastic!!
                If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">God is good!!</span> </span> </div></div>

That was a powerful story about the reviewer from Sangster's

Yes, God is good, Miss Wendy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Click to reveal.. (Wendy's eyes only) <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show me!" onclick="toggle_spoiler(this, 'Yikes, my eyes!', 'Show me!')" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">yuh noh si di Almighty doan need intervention fi get mi to return phone calls bout jukking voodoo doll </div></div></div>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yuh noh si di Almighty doan need intervention fi get mi to return phone calls bexbad bout jukking voodoo doll </div></div>

BOAL Look man ..I had to do something to get your attention Yuh muss larn fi return people phone call widin 2 secands or less orelse mi bring out mi voodo dally

Comment

Wendy, i have been a lurker for the longest while here, but i have to comment now. I live in JA and have read alot of your stories here (on Ja.com) and loved each and everyone of them, now you come out with a book which i have been dying to get, but to make things even better, Sangster's will (and i say will) be carrying it. i am dying for it to reach here cause i will be getting one from them as soon as i can. I look forward to reading it. I can say in advance job well done.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wendy, i have been a lurker for the longest while here, but i have to comment now. I live in JA and have read alot of your stories here (on Ja.com) and loved each and everyone of them, now you come out with a book which i have been dying to get, but to make things even better, Sangster's will (and i say will) be carrying it. i am dying for it to reach here cause i will be getting one from them as soon as i can. I look forward to reading it. I can say in advance job well done. </div></div>\

Redles that was a very heart warming message Thank you sir/madam
                        Why have you been lurking for so long

Either way I thank you for your readership. I am thrilled to be able to bring ASWDI to Jamaica... my peeps .. my inspiration for all di madniss I write ... my sweet home

Comment

Madam sounds sooooo old , can work with miss truth be told i prefer to read than to comment.

Comment

I am waiting to see your book on the shelves in Portmore- Sangsters.
                            Alas! I am waiting for that day when Jamaica and the world will recognize your talent, so be careful when you become more illuminated in the public limelight mi dear.
                            Dem ah guh know yu more dan yu ah guh know dem.
                            Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

Comment

It is on my wish list on Amazon. I will get to it.

Comment

• My heart is full!!

Of all the days for me to be in a long training class…this was not the day. I couldn’t keep my focus at all.

Went home yesterday to see an email in my MB from the Manager of Corporate Affairs &amp; Marketing for Sangters book store.

Her emails starts off by announcing that the review team is done with the review and Sangsters Book Stores would be interested in carrying the book. She then said it was imperative that I call her ASAP.

Now mi had dis training today dat start from 9. am..and could not call because it was 8 am in JA and she is not in at that time. Yuh kow seh anxiety a kill mi! Mi cudeen sit still inna di class

When I finally got a break I called and asked for Mrs. Naraysingh. She got on the phone introduced herself as the one that makes the decisions for all books carried by Sangsters. She said they were preparing to go into a meeting to discuss new books to be brought in and that ASWDI is on the agenda.

Long story short, she wanted every single detail from me to figure out what is the most efficient ways to get them shipped to JA. I told her how it was explained to me by my distributor and told her to contact them and get back to me if she should have more questions. I could not get this lady off the phone…she was so excited ..it was as if she had just won some kind of jackpot. She went on and on about how the book cover was great. She thanked me for representing Jamaicans so well on the cover without stereotyping them in a negative way ..she then switched gears to book signings in Kingston and MObay … she spoke about media coverage...she rambled out so many things that she wants to talk to me about that I couldn't digest it all...it was coming in too fast.

That phone call left me with such a full heart. I am tearing up right now. I am so thankful for the work the Ackeepod team put into this and you all (Kia /Peasie) should take just as much pride in this as I do. There is nothing that can get me off this high right now – <span style="font-size: 11pt">ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! </span>

Now I sit and wait for that one important call…

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X