Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

dafur arabs natt afrikkans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dafur arabs natt afrikkans

Quote:

morpheous :

"None of you have anything to say about Darfu? How come you all are missing from such topics that would show that you all are either so "pro black" or that you are tolerant and undserstanding of African people?"

" yet in the Darfu campaign in feedback none of you thought it a good deed to lend your name to support a measly thread to help keep the Darfu issues highlighted, but threads on black vs white will yield all the usuals flocking to it to argue/defend their side of the divide. If you done good deeds for Africans or others, then keep on doing so in a humble fashion without expecting recognition. Just be true to yourself, that's all that matter...no?"
    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
    Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Re: dafur arabs natt afrikkans

morpheous mii see yu tredd pon dafur ann mii feel yu wasss lazee. mii tink yu shood goo start sum more tredd updatinn peeps wat gawn butt dat wood required yu fii spend da thyme fii edumakkate peeps pon wat a gawn.
    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
    Marcus Garvey

Comment

fannon sey dat bilogical argument wood beecum kultural argument fii defend da racial downpresshan aff less powaful.

too bee afrikkan meen dat yu kulcha muss cum ariginate fram afrikka. too bee arabs dat meen yu kulcha arginate fram arabia. soo wen dem arab trii ssey dat dem afrikkan even dough dem noo respekk afrikkan kulcha itt goo fii show dat dem natt afrikkans. yu see itt dem arab kulcha dat mekk ting dem superior too afrikkans.

soo watt oonoo tink bout dat
      Marcus Garvey

Comment

some photos would be helpful. there was a similar discussion here about 2 yrs ago. by your definition of having african culture to be african, what is your take on those afrikaans? this is one way of disconnecting black skin as we know it with being african. note well by that definition none a we blacks in the west have african culture. arab culture is not without african influence either.

pictures would be helpful nonetheless
        here is a white arab boy.

here are black others whichever name they might go by, most in them primary suite [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        looks like two african ethnic groups
        let it burn, let it burn, let it burn

Comment

me nuh kata fe de inequity-badmine of some people...but dis is a situation datt crys out fe Humanity [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          fe de COWARDS who hala "west indies": U cheerin fe de colonials who muzle an fed U ancesta excrement

Comment

sukuna how u figure that boy is white? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
            he's definitely not 'white'...

Comment

they're 'africans' technically cause they are born in africa, though their culture is arab...
              but it's not just them alone...east africa has a lot of racism between black africans & brown or mixed africans...the 'habeshas' of ethiopia & eritrea a lot of times claim they are not black & even call blacks 'ni--ers' if you can believe that one!

Comment

Many rich N. Africans have black African ancestors. The mother of Hassan II, the now deceased king of Morocco, was a black slave from Senegal (I hear). IMHO, much of the Arab disdain for black people is plain old self-hatred.

In the picture below, who is more black? Who is more African?

<font color="#666666">US Secretary of State Colin Powell (L) is greeted by Sudan President Omar El-Beshir (R) upon his
                arrival in Khartoum. (Marco Longari/AFP/Getty Images) </font>
                Show me your papers.
                sigpic

Comment

i think i see a wee wee there...

i thought that nudity was a no no on this board.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                  If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    they're 'africans' technically cause they are born in africa, though their culture is arab...
                    but it's not just them alone...east africa has a lot of racism between black africans &amp; brown or mixed africans...the 'habeshas' of ethiopia &amp; eritrea a lot of times claim they are not black &amp; even call blacks 'ni--ers' if you can believe that one!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh gosh, if so that's sad. I'm in the DC area where we have a very large East African population.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      sukuna how u figure that boy is white? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                      he's definitely not 'white'...

[/ QUOTE ]
                      ayu confused bout culture an race however, that is my point. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      the boy is arab. when yu see one lakka he, ask he wa e be.
                      furthermore if dem min see their similarities, you think all of this woulda a go on? dem see the others like animals an think them a do dem a favour fe ge dem lightskinned children(arguments not too far from our own constellation though) and not to convert them into arabs as some seem to think it is an issue of religion.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Many rich N. Africans have black African ancestors. The mother of Hassan II, the now deceased king of Morocco, was a black slave from Senegal (I hear). IMHO, much of the Arab disdain for black people is plain old self-hatred.

In the picture below, who is more black? Who is more African?

<font color="#666666">US Secretary of State Colin Powell (L) is greeted by Sudan President Omar El-Beshir (R) upon his
                        arrival in Khartoum. (Marco Longari/AFP/Getty Images) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Their ethnicity is identified by the father and not by the mother, so it does not matter to them that his mother was a black slave. dem also na know bout dat one drop rule either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Their ethnicity is identified by the father and not by the mother, so it does not matter to them that his mother was a black slave. dem also na know bout dat one drop rule either.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Indeed! Since each society has differing definitions of black, who are we (Caribbeans and African-Americans) to tell others to use "our" social construct* to define what they are? And as you pointed out, sukuna, is their definition fundamentally different to ours? Light is right and all that...

*The social construct as defined by white slaveholders, btw.
                          Show me your papers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Being Arab is the same as belonging to any other patriarchal African ethnic group, even if that Arab is 100 generations a back, you are Arab. So family name is more significant than skin colour.
                            Some things overlap. Stigmatization is the same all over. This skin colour concept was an issue in Africa, before the appearance of the white man (there were Arabs) as it was in India, so in a sense we all end up having the same view of the skin and or hair.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              So family name is more significant than skin colour.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Yeah, once Arabs find out your name. My ex-husband (a descendant of slaves) looks like he could be Jamaican or whatever. He went to a halal butcher shop and asked for merguez and other meats. One butcher came out of the cold storage room and said to the other butcher in Arabic, "What does this ni99er want?" When my ex spoke up in Arabic, they were falling over themselves with apologies and gave him an extra pound of meat.

I still don't know if I should laugh or shake my head at this story. Wat a ting.
                              Show me your papers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X