Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

opposition to foreign investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opposition to foreign investment

Most of the people in Jamaica I've spoken to about this subject (foreign developement in Jamaica)seem to welcome any kind of developement, so are all for it for varias reasons.

From what I've read on the board, most Yaadies living abroad are opposed to it as are most of the Jamacoholics I've read stating their opinion....

Anyone care to have a discussion about the difference of opinion?
    Jamaica...NOTHING is as it seems.
    jamaica.jewel @yahoo.com

Re: opposition to foreign investment

hole on tite could be a bumpy ride [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking a question to gain knowledge....NOT expressing an opinion!.....really looking for answers.
      jamaica.jewel @yahoo.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o.k., mi reddy!
        jamaica.jewel @yahoo.com

Comment

depends on if the investments are exploitive or sustainable.
          a noble stroke he lifted high that hung not but swift with tempest fell On Satan's proud crest- no sight nor swift thought, less could his shield such ruin intercept; 10 paces huge he back recoil'd...

Comment

weh the shake mi head gremlin....

there is a difference between foreign investment and foreign ownership...I don't know of anyone worldwide in any country who doesn't welcome foreign investment.

and to ADD to what Monk stated above...when multinationals go into developing countries to invest they are subject to different laws and usualy NOT held accountable for unethical business practices.

but I don't live there fulltime so I say bring on the sweatshops and unsafe working conditions [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70365-flirt.gif[/img]
            “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Yes, what Geneva said.

Also, Ja. Jewel, I think you premise is incorrect. The viewpoints expressed on the board re."foreign development in Jamaica" are much more complex and nuanced than your summary would lead one to believe.
              Show me your papers.
              sigpic

Comment

"As a responsible food company, I don't like to have an image that I am unethically behaving."

Peter Brabeck, CEO of Nestlé in 2003

priceless [img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

In 2002..Nestle claimed that Ethiopia owed them 6 mill. Why ? Back in 1975 the govt. had nationalized a small sub. of a german company located in ethiopia. Okay.. the german company (parent) was acquired by Nestle in 1986 and they had the nerve to demand compensation of 6 mill and then accuse Ethiopia of not complying with International Laws \0/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]there you go! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
                  http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/Trelli/angel.gif

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put.
                    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

Panama is having a huge growth spurt. They are building all kinds of condos for retiring "baby boombers."

Maybe Jamaica doesnt want to have this kind of growth, or these kinda of people coming down. I've heard that Panama has done a good thing getting together clinics and health care facilities for aging visitors, who want to live permanently in the sun and warmth.

http://www.farrismarketing.com/docs/GrowthofPCBeach.pdf

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Jamaica doesnt want to have this kind of growth, or these kinda of people coming down. [/url]

[/ QUOTE ]

simplism at it's best [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

or is jus di jamican who nuh live deh nuh want it...
                          When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

I think its, also, that those of us here have the luxury of being armchair philosphers..not neccessarily a bad ting..cause when yu belly/pocketful yu can sit back an tink long term

perhaps Jamaican's in Jamaica faced with that livity are more focused on immediate gratification
                            "Winter is coming"
                            "Hear me roar"
                            "Ours is the fury"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I think its, also, that those of us here have the luxury of being armchair philosphers..not neccessarily a bad ting..cause when yu belly/pocketful yu can sit back an tink long term

perhaps Jamaican's in Jamaica faced with that livity are more focused on immediate gratification

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I can see where, if I lived there I would be likely to focus on instant gratification, but I'd like to think that there are many there who think long term [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X