Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Crismus a come, wi waa mi lama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crismus a come, wi waa mi lama

A wah name lama? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    "I may be silent, but I'm thinking. I may not talk, but don't mistake me for a wall."

Re: Crismus a come, wi waa mi lama

I always thought it was Yama and I could never figure out what a yama was. At one point I thought it was the Yamaha motorbike.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img] But yuh wassa dan mi.
      "I may be silent, but I'm thinking. I may not talk, but don't mistake me for a wall."

Comment

mi did think a llama..but wha the heck mi wouldan a do wid llama a JA [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70394-bawlout.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

good question Ms Churchgirl ...I have always wanted to find out just what it was all about
        “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

so nubaddy nuh know the significance of it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
          “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Mi deh yah a wait to Geneva.

Comment

churchgirl, i think i have a book at home that explains this. mi check and let oonu know.
              <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

well a di same ting like how people a Ja an in some adda hot places whey dem nuh get sunoe a jream fi yt crissmuss. das y mi nuh sing any an evry crissmuss sang.
                Leave mi tings. no mek mi cuss badwud!
                http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/upl...080912-138.jpg

Comment

Okay...cool MG. BOAL @ Debby. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I always thought it was Yama and I could never figure out what a yama was. At one point I thought it was the Yamaha motorbike.

[/ QUOTE ]as a pickney yama was lean shoes, an mi didda wanda y sumaddy wudda want one lean shoes fi crissmuss.
                    Leave mi tings. no mek mi cuss badwud!
                    http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/upl...080912-138.jpg

Comment

me neva here dat deh song [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

but me madda seh lama is fe clothes
                      &quot;Winter is coming&quot;
                      &quot;Hear me roar&quot;
                      &quot;Ours is the fury&quot;

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This comes closest...clothes and things.

But for sure it's not the DALAI... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70402-thinking.gif[/img]
                        &quot;&quot;Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt&quot; (Col. 4:6).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But for sure it's not the DALAI... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Yes lama is clothes...memba di song go

Not a hat pon me head
                          Mi waan mi lama
                          Not a shoes pon mi foot
                          Mi waan mi lama
                          Not a belt roun mi waise
                          Mi waan mi lama
                          Chrismus a come mi waan mi lama
                          <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yes lama is clothes...memba di song go

Not a hat pon me head
                            Mi waan mi lama
                            Not a shoes pon mi foot
                            Mi waan mi lama
                            Not a belt roun mi waise
                            Mi waan mi lama
                            Chrismus a come mi waan mi lama

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuh sure it nuh mean parcel or barrel? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70402-thinking.gif[/img]
                            I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hmm de plot thickens.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

From the Gleana

[ QUOTE ]
                              Barrel a come! - 'Christmas a come so ship mi lama'

[/ QUOTE ]
                              now eagerly anticipating the barrel of goodies from them. It is great to receive these gifts but sometimes people are left wondering if the hassle of customs and clearing is worth it. From long hours at the wharves or post office, the process can be tedious.

This week, Lifestyle will give you tips on shipping and clearing barrels and other Christmas packages to help reduce the stress when collecting your 'lama'.

DEALING WITH THE WHARF

Annica Hamilton, executive assistant at the Kingston Wharf, says that the most important way to eliminate the stress is to ship early.

"Ship early and collect it early. Sometimes persons' parcels or barrels arrive only two weeks before the rush period and they wait until Christmas week to collect their goods. Why wait until Christmas week when we have a 1,000 persons to contend with? Clear your goods now."

Shipping early, Ms. Hamilton says, would be right now if you did not do so in October. "If persons ship now they will get their goods by the first week of December."

She explained that there was no need to worry about what items to ship because at Kingston Wharves, "Any and everything legal can be shipped. Once packaged properly there is nothing that you can't ship. The key is packaging properly," Ms. Hamilton said.

Ms. Hamilton also addresses the issue of 'hustler brokers' - persons who try to scam money from customers at the wharf.

"Unfortunately in our system, some people who are hustler brokers (not legitimate staff) try to make some quick money from waiting customers. They remain on the wharf the entire day, looking for persons to scam. To avoid these people, get a licensed custom broker, or identify a Kingston Wharves worker who will be wearing a Kingston Wharves shirt, and or the company's identification badge."

USING A CUSTOM BROKER

Ms. Hamilton notes that one way of eliminating time spent at the wharf is to use a custom broker. These brokers will deal with the shipping and sometimes delivery of the goods. Using a custom broker may also be best when shipping heavy equipment or lots of barrels. She says that some persons might not use a broker because of the question of trust; however, the broker reduces time.

"Some customers want to collect their barrel personally to check if all items are inside, but like everything else, using a custom broker to ship goods has its pros and cons."

Using a customs broker may also carry an extra cost. Mary Washington of Tropical Shipping agency, 96 Church Street, Kingston, says that a broker reduces the hassle at the wharf.

They deliver door to door and anywhere in Jamaica, except in volatile areas. Tropical Shipping only ships from New York, and Ms. Washington says it takes a week for the items to reach Jamaica.

"We ship everything. People mostly send food, clothing and electrical appliances," Ms. Washington said. She notes that persons must ship now as the Christmas rush has started. "Right now we have containers every other week, compared to months ago when we had containers every two weeks."

When shipping through a broker, weight is not a factor. For door-to-door, everything is paid from overseas, and it costs roughly US$250 for shipping, wharfage, customs duty, and valuation. In New York, Tropical Shipping is located at Trans-Jam Express Shipping, Brooklyn, New York, and P.J. Shipping, St. Alban's, New York.

"We love the wharf system, we love the to and fro," says Mary Washington

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ife/life2.html
                              &quot;Winter is coming&quot;
                              &quot;Hear me roar&quot;
                              &quot;Ours is the fury&quot;

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X