Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Re: Divine punishment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Divine punishment?

being torontonian and having a buffoon for a mayor. but i digress...
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Re: Re: Divine punishment?

Originally posted by Fledgist:
    [qb] Some people here have made the argument that AIDS is divine punishment for the 'sins' of sexual promiscuity and homosexuality.

Perhaps these persons, or others, can tell us what 'sin' SARS punishes?

Is it breathing? Being Asian? Or being Canadian? [/qb]
    AIDS was manufactured in a laboratory in the United States as a measure to control the population in Africa and to destabilize the African American community in the United States. It was spread by the WHO in small pox vaccinations.
    as for any devine punishments, well one would have to believe in god.
    whe it mawga it a ga burst

Comment

Originally posted by mountaingal:
      [qb] being torontonian and having a buffoon for a mayor. but i digress... [/qb]
      [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In Vancouver it must be punishment for having a DUI convicted premier [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

See Fledge, god's not human, so we can never understand him. He's way beyond us. But what ever he choses to do is perfect, and we should praise him and give him, or his servents at least 10% of our money. So because god makes EVERYTHING, he made SARS too. We should praise him for it, and let history try and sort out why.
        <span style="font-weight: bold">~Love thy brother as thy soul; keep him as the apple of thine eye.~</span> Jesus (25) The Gospel of St. Thomas

Comment

dui-ness can be overcome. buffoonery on the scale of mel's is permanent.

i suppose i should be kind. he's got hep c and the treatments wreck his concentration, i hear. he's now also medically unable to lead coherently.

Comment

Originally posted by fOrTyLeGz:
            [qb] See Fledge, god's not human, so we can never understand him. He's way beyond us. But what ever he choses to do is perfect, and we should praise him and give him, or his servents at least 10% of our money. So because god makes EVERYTHING, he made SARS too. We should praise him for it, and let history try and sort out why. [/qb]
            i hear it's some sort of divine test for the faithful...something along the lines of the sick and dead being used as examples for those who don't do as they are divinely told.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier H.O.:

AIDS was manufactured in a laboratory in the United States as a measure to control the population in Africa and to destabilize the African American community in the United States. It was spread by the WHO in small pox vaccinations.
              No kidding! Bwoy that's mean of them UnitedStates people.

I guess there has been a cover-up too then? But wait...... are they going to come after us readers now that they know that we know what they did?
              <span style="font-weight: bold">~Love thy brother as thy soul; keep him as the apple of thine eye.~</span> Jesus (25) The Gospel of St. Thomas

Comment

Some people here have made the argument that AIDS is divine punishment for the 'sins' of sexual promiscuity and homosexuality.

good to know God's power is so weak a tiny bit of latex stumps him. maybe we can stretch a condom over his head and contain his aggression. after all, he seems to make frequent use of his weapons of mass destruction.

Is it breathing? Being Asian? Or being Canadian?

it must be healthcare workers. those scumbags. they're even worse than the Amakalites.
                "Around and around and around we spin, With feet of lead and wings of tin ..."
                -Bokonon

Comment

LOL!
                  Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier H.O.:
                    [qb]
                    [qb] Some people here have made the argument that AIDS is divine punishment for the 'sins' of sexual promiscuity and homosexuality.

as for any devine punishments, well one would have to believe in god. [/qb]
                    Is there any evidence for the Fort Detrick theory? Did the technology exist in the 1970s to manufacture viruses? What was known about viral genomes at the time?
                    Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel:
                      [qb]
                      [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In Vancouver it must be punishment for having a DUI convicted premier [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [/qb]
                      Of course.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by fOrTyLeGz:
                        [qb] See Fledge, god's not human, so we can never understand him. He's way beyond us. But what ever he choses to do is perfect, and we should praise him and give him, or his servents at least 10% of our money. So because god makes EVERYTHING, he made SARS too. We should praise him for it, and let history try and sort out why. [/qb]
                        Of course....

Comment

Originally posted by fiver (unretired):

good to know God's power is so weak a tiny bit of latex stumps him. maybe we can stretch a condom over his head and contain his aggression. after all, he seems to make frequent use of his weapons of mass destruction.

{Fledgist: Then, perhaps, we could try it on W.}

Is it breathing? Being Asian? Or being Canadian?

it must be healthcare workers. those scumbags. they're even worse than the Amakalites. [/qb]
                          Of course!

Comment

What I find interesting is that none of the religious have come near this question. I wonder why?

Comment

I imagine that they are using the premise, (if I can call it that) that mankind knows how AIDS is transmitted, sexual contact is one means thereof and if you engage in sexual promiscuiy then you are determined to get AIDS as a punishment. In other words if one knowingly goes out and engage in sexual promiscuity, then this is the "punishment" that is possible. As I stated in my other thread, the innocent health care workers, haemophilliacs and those who are given AIDS tainted blood also MAY contract AIDS....so where would that leave them?....since the disease doesn't know who or under what circumstance it is being transmitted..in other words it doesn't discriminate...or does it?

SARS on the other hand is an air-borne transmitted respiratory disease, as far as I understand it to be although touching fomites etc can serve as a means of spread also. No sin involved unless smaddi steals something froom a SARS victim to give a weird eg. The thing here is those who subscribe to that premise Fledgist etal, no Sin is involved...and I am trying to follow the line of reasoning of those who purport the punishment bit.

The concept of sin, IMHO involves guilt, a wrong done with the expectation that some retribution for that wrong, whether it is a mind thingy where the person feels that I have done wrong and I therefore ought to be punished...even if no obvious punishment occurs or if an actual punishment occurs like exacting retribution against one who offends you.

While the Bible said "The wages of sin is death" we obviously all must die...although religious sects like Unity speaks of or interprets this "death" as meaning something else...then the argument would become:

(a) sin is punishable by death

(b) all men must die

(c) therefore all who die are sinners..in a nuthsell.

I took umbrage with that argument especially since one here who purported the "aids = punishment", claims to be a health care worker. How can they unbiasedly administer care in the true creed of the Hippocratic Oath or the Florence Nightingale Pledge, to an AIDS victim, harboring those judgemental opinions? This IMHO would definitely influence negatively...whether they care to admit it, and this is not passing judgement....sic... the care rendered to these people.....even gays.....which is total opposed to the function of a true care giver.

Which now leads me to wonder if this is one of the reasons why the disease is still raging, for the simple resons that there MAY be so many christians in the profession (and there are) who MAY be discriminating in the care they render to these people.

In brief, in answer to your question, man, christians included, are in NO position to determine what and who God punishes, and for what. If that is the case, then they are having a delusion of grandeur; attempting to speak for God. As a child I was told that "God will punish you if you do this and if you do that." Well that is between me and God, (and YES!! a resounding YES, I believe in the Judeao-christian God)...I know what the Bible says, but I honestly do not believe that we should identify one disease to illustrate what it said. I don't need a guilt trip to be forced on me as to what will happen to me....well of course unless the one who is talking about the punishment is not a sinner and is not going to die...using the line I quoted as the backdrop for this.

My 2 cents...

Have a nice day!!
                              ----------------
                              No, my name is not Alice and I am not in Wonderland... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

...and NO I am not religious either...too sinful to be called that... re-edited.
                              <span style="font-style: italic">If it must choose who is to be crucified, the crowd will always save Barabbas</span>..John Cocteau.

<span style="font-weight: bold">all the lonely people, where do they all come from?</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">IGNORE A TROLL, di TROLL LOSES</span>

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X