Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

black wooman no feminist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: black wooman no feminist

Nirehcs - lovely [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Temperance: moderation in action, thought or feeling; moderation in the indulgence of the appetites or passions.

Comment

seanpaulgyal let shine a likkle light pon whey you a chat bout. you sey me correct dat "black women do not take part in de feminist movement and dat many white feminists are lesbians. in your opinion these statement are trite and of no significance. it like saying that the sun is in the sky and trying to have a commentary on the subject." dat is a bad analogy cause dat is one of de most important scientific question dat dem a debate cause it have to do wit whether de universe is expandin or contractin, and how dis will affect life pon earth. since most black women do not take part in the feminist movement and the fact that many feminist are lesbians with their own particular agenda, the significance is that white feminists cannot say dat their agenda equally benefit black women. caan sey me neva give you de light.

you sey all women want equal opportunity so why de white feminist noh fight racism and discrimination. how can black women have equal opportunity if dem is de victims of racism and discriminiation. you ah white woman and de feminists ah fight bout your right and freedom so it mek sense dat you would support it but dat is also de reson why black women are no feminist. tink pon dis if if mek sense fi sey black woman want equal right but not equal opportunity. if black women noh have equal opportunity how can dem have equal right.

you mek me laff wen you sey "there is legal right for fair and equal right and equal treatment for all race with regard to race, gender, religion, sexual preference, disabilities, etc, and dat what these feminists are talking bout." you really believe dis or dat wishful tinking. so how come dem nah talk bout how come black women noh get de same treatment like white women. dat why black women noh hear whey dem feminists a chat bout.

seanpaulgyal whey you mean me have black/white issues. some white women would disagree wid you. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
      Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Comment

nirehcs how you sey yoh name and whey it mean.

i neva sey i am against feminists but me is against white feminist dat are racist and claim to speak for all women,especially black womem. you mek me laff wen you sey if me want to revoke women right to vote. you tink me noh know dat wen dem white women a fight fi de right to vote a lot a dem white feminists sey how come white men give black man(dem used de n-word) de right to vote but not white women. but you nah deal wid dat and unno a gawn like dat noh racist. me a black man and me neva deny women de rights you a chat bout. if you are a white woman go talk to your father, grandfather and your white male ancestors bout why dem noh give unno equal rights.

you mek a great point dat de feminist movement and the anti-slavery movement had a lot in common so what mek dem white feminists change and become so racist. why during slavery white feminists were fightin dat all women deserve de right to work since black women was already working. why you tink dem rich white women have so much leisure time. who you tink was doing de work so dem had so much free time.

nirehcs me still a laff at wey you sey. "perhaps you should give back all de rights the feminists have won and live the way black women lived in the 1800's. this way you would not have to thanks a bunch of white feminists for the civil liberties you enjoy today! but if you are going to benefit from the efforts of these people, the least you can do is show some gratitude and appreciation for the hard they put forward." call mi ungrateful. why would anyone intelligent blacks be grateful dat some white feminists who unjustly benefitted from the labor of black women and who were denied their civil rights and equal rights by their white male ancestors won some rights that mostly benefitted white women. dat sound like a slave should be grateful and appreciative dat he has a nice slavemaster. see it dey. bwoy me noh easee.

so you still tink me prejudice. what hate you a talk bout.
        I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
        Marcus Garvey

Comment

i agree with much of what blugiant says. i did a paper on this a few years ago. there was and still is, i would say, a lot of tension between black women and white women in the feminist movement, about what each group defines as civil liberties or what they want as outcomes of the movement. the issue of women's economic independence had different connotations for black women and white women. I will search for that paper and share some of my findings.

nirehecs - i suspect you're speaking more of a UK movement than a US feminist movement. The state of race relations in each country is different and i think would require a different analyis of the impact of the feminist movement. I think we also need to distinguish between the suffragette movements (which were about getting the vote for women) and the later "feminist" movement (which in the US, took its cue from the 1960s black civil liberties movement).

Comment

Blugiant,

There is no question that white people have benefitted from slavery. It was a combination of the stolen land in the Americas and the stolen labor of Africans that created the capital necessary to start the Industrial Revolution.

This gave whites an economic advantage. An advantage that enabled white women to direct their energies toward freeing the slaves and gaining rights for themselves.

White feminist do not claim to speak for black women, they claim to speak for women. They have traditionally been the ONLY voice speaking for women, and the ONLY ones effectively improving the lot of women.

If the agenda of the black woman is not effectively being voiced by feminism, and it probably isn't, than more black women should found and join groups that can focus on achieving their goals and giving voice to their agenda. Perhaps you can start one in your neighborhood, Blugiant.

Your comment, "if you noh believe me dat a lot of de feminists a lesbians," strikes me as an accusation. Is it an accusation? Are you prejudiced against lesbians or do you believe they deserve the same rights and opportunities as everyone else?

For the record, my gender and race are irrelevent to this discussion. Your speculations on these topics are not welcome.

Comment

Sapodil,

You've made some good points, which I agree with.

That does not, however, bring me any closer to agreeing with Blugiants position.

If you can find the paper, by all means, post here.

Comment

sapodil much respect to your intelligent contribution to de discussion and I hope you find dat report.

nirehcs me neva advocate discrimination against anyone. whey me a sey is dat many white feminists discriminate and ignored racism against black women cause dem benefit from it.
                mi furst post offended some people because I made a statement of fact about some feminists' sexuality and people gawn like me was generalizing and not telling de truth dat why me tell dem if dem no believe mi fi look it up. dat why dem edit what me sey. many white feminists sey de same ting dat de reason why more woman no support or join dem is because of de sexuality issue but cause me raise dis some people get offended. me noh get how you can sey white feminists do not claim to speak for black women, they claim to speak for women. how dem can speak for women but not black women. are you saying dat black women are not women too. explain de contradiction wid dat.
                Marcus Garvey

Comment

where is the women like bink and tropicana who are always talking that feminist garbage.
                  Excuse me I don't recall EVER discussing ANY feminist issues on this board.

In terms of your question about my whereabouts, I was on the other side of the world and only just saw this thread.

Comment

congratulation that dem rescue de black mother in iraq. me still mad dat de indian mother get killed dat why me sey dem noh should put dem mother at risk inna any war.

Tropicana the only reason why me include your name and bink was dat in some other post unno sey me was sexist. it was not meant to offend.

nirehcs dis topic is about black women rejection of de feminists movement and agenda. race matters cause most black women agree wid me but de white women a tri fi defend de rhetoric dat white feminists talk fi all women. mi hope you see dat you race and gender are revelant to de dicussion or you a tri fi be colorblind.

man and women are different so how dem fi have de same right. de same opportunities depend cause where children are involved dat a different issue and some people should not raise children but dat another topic.
                    Marcus Garvey

Comment

Tropicana the only reason why me include your name and bink was dat in some other post unno sey me was sexist. it was not meant to offend.
                      Blugiant, methinks thou art mistaken. Please produce the aforementioned post.

Comment

unnu see fimme likkle piece yah,mi know wah de bredren a try fe seh,but wah him really mean is dat white oomen and black oomen spose fe have different agendas.
                        is like a ship,but de two group deh pon different decks,white oomen a top deck a bawl fe equality,and black oomen dung a battam deck a bawl out fe equality wid de people weh above dem.

de two a dem want de said thing,but one a dem halfway deh aready,de odder one have a longer way fe get ie.
                        and sometime de black oomen dem all a bawl fe equality wid de white oomen dem to,cos whole heap a white oomen have power over black oomen and no really want de status quo fe change.

no care which way unnu look pon it,de white oomen dem even dough dem come a long way wid their fight fe equality,de black oomen dem coming from a longer way but still have much more to overcome before dem achieve de same kind of equality what de white oomen dem achieve.

Comment

ameedis sistren mi agree wid most a what you ah sey. how dem white femonists a sey dem want equal rights but dem nah bawl dat de black woman no equal to de white woman? how dem a sey dem speak fi all women but no black women nah lead dem feminist organizations? who give dem white feminists de right fi sey dem can speak fi di black women. is de white feminists racist? are white feminists using trying fi separate de black man from de black women? if you sey no den consider the lesbians feminist agenda? how does de white feminist agenda affect de black women and de black family?
                          Marcus Garvey

Comment

as a former feminist...former NOW member...I saw a movement that became so vocally pro-lesbian that I had to get out.

it's not just anti-black family...it's anti white family too...if you're one of the few people today that believes a man is an essential part of a family...that believes a couple is made up of a man AND a woman...

I know this statement is politically incorrect, but, it's my opinion, as someone who has been there.

The problem with people is: they tend to take a good cause and pervert it. "Feminism" is such a cause, in my opinion...the black women should feel honored that they never got involved in it.
                            you will always mistreat that which you misdiagnose.

Comment

Originally posted by jaith:
                              [qb] as a former feminist...former NOW member...I saw a movement that became so vocally pro-lesbian that I had to get out.

it's not just anti-black family...it's anti white family too...if you're one of the few people today that believes a man is an essential part of a family...that believes a couple is made up of a man AND a woman...

I know this statement is politically incorrect, but, it's my opinion, as someone who has been there.

The problem with people is: they tend to take a good cause and pervert it. "Feminism" is such a cause, in my opinion...the black women should feel honored that they never got involved in it. [/qb]
                              thank yuh fah sharing!!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              It is your attitude,not your aptitude,that determines your altitude.

Comment

jaith me agree wid you and dis was someting me wanted to chat bout but dem tell mi fi edit mi first post. and wen mi refused; dem edit it anyway. jaith a true dat some white women sey dat feminism is against de traditional family. one married feminism leader bragged dat she had a lesbian lover but dat too hot fi chat bout. unno see me neva even discuss whey some feminists sey bout wearing pants.

jaith even though mi agree wid you dat black women should feel honored dat dem neva get too involved in de feminism movement. mi problem wid dat is dat dem a use feminists arguments to describe de black women condition. dat like wewn de lesbian feminists get de power fi desribed what is a family.
                                Marcus Garvey

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X