Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Post Questions to US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Questions to US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown

A warm welcome to US Immigration Attorney Nadine A. Brown. Please post your US Immigration questions here. Ms Brown will be responding between 11- 4 PM tomorrow, October 17th 2006.

You can visit her website: www.nadinebrownpa.com
    Out of Many One People Online
    http://www.jamaicans.com

Re: Post Questions to US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown

Welcome to Jamaicans.com Ms. Brown. What is your advise for a Canadian citizen looking to work in the US on a long term basis? Is it advisable to obtain a job offer first or should the person apply for a work permit first?

Thank you in advance for your response.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Welcome Ms Brown, further to Compry's question, I am in the process of purchasing property in Florida. Will it be easier for me to obtain my working permit?
      If you feel a little useless, offended or depressed. Always remember that <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU</span> were once the fastest &amp; most victorious little sperm out of millions!

Comment

Welcome Ms Brown to Jamaicans.com [img]/forums/images/graemlins/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

What are the 'hot' jobs lately for people who are entering under H1 visas?
        If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
        We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

I have a friend that would like to visit, but I have no intentions of getting married. Is there some way, non-fraudulent that my life partner can come to the U.S., and leave then return without me getting married to him? He has no intention to stay in the U.S., because his children usually live with him, but can stay with their mother if he visits for short stays.
          Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

Comment

Welcome Miss Brown [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
            Can a child with an immigrant visa (step mother filed / is US citizen) go to school in Jamaica after spending a about 2 years in the US? Can he be gone just short of 6 months at a time on a regular basis or would he lose his resident status.

Comment

Welcome to the Board Ms Brown.

My question is this: What is the process if a UK citizen wants to marry a US citizen and move to the US? Generally speaking, how long could it take?

Thanks

Disclaimer: This isn't about me [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome
                1. I would like to know how much does it cost to file papers for permanent residency?

2. Will the papers go through quicker if you use a lawyer to do the filing than just doing it yourself? if so with the lawyer about how long does it take?

3. Whats the average cost to get a lawyer to do this on your behalf?

4. How much would you charge?

5. How do you go about checking on the progress of papers already filed?
                Happy New Year I'm such a happy camper

Comment

Hello Ms. Brown,

A friend of mine will be filing a K-1 visa for her fiance. Two of his four children will be included in the visa application.

My friend has the following questions and concerns:

1. Will it be difficult to file for the other two children later? They are both under 13.

2. At what point in the application process will her fiance be allowed to travel to the US?

3. Will his children have to travel with him at the same time, or can they come a little later?

Thank you for your assistance.
                  “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

Welcome to the boards Ms. Brown [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
                    in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

well,, since me dis a come in late, mek me put in my questions too...
                      tonks.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A friend of mine, was just jailed for lack of child support, and domestic charges tht was two years old.
                      He was released on bond, but has a deportation hearing soon.
                      He has since told me that he think thats the lawyers for the procecution will be digging up in his background and he is worried.
                      Is this the case, and if so, what kinda charges are they looking for that kinda says that they will deport u on these charges.
                      He is not a citizen, but had a permanent resident card, (which he lost), when he was overseas in the US Navy..
                      He served 8 years of military service.
                      He is also presently married to a US citizen for about 7 years but never filed for citizenship.
                      whats his changes of being deported?
                      thanks for your response.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Comment

A hearty welcome to you Ms Brown. I have been a permanent resident in the USA for 28 years.I worked there for a few years until I started working overseas for some time now.In 2005 I applied for US citizenship and I was denied on the grounds that I have not been physically living there continuously for 5 years prior to applying, even though I maintain my residence and pay all my taxes. can you through some light on this please. Also why is that I am obligated to pay my taxes; if according to them I don't live there? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                        Speak the truth and speak it ever. The truth shall set you free. If that doesn't work, LIE

Comment

Hello,
                          Your question was about Canadian citizens coming to the US for permanent work...A Canadian has a unique opportunity to obtain a TN visa based on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). You can obtain this visa at any US Embassy in Canada or at a border check point provided that you have copies of your resume and diplomas with a letter from a prospective employer detailing job functions and duties. This TN visa is for professionals primarily and are issued in one year increments.

Comment

Ivoree,

Your question is whether purchasing property in Florida will facilitate getting a work permit. Well, you can purchase property in Florida or anywhere for that matter as an investor, but it will not get you a work permit. A work permit also called an Employment Authorization Document is a benefit of already being in the process of applying for residency. Residency is gained either through sponsorship by an employer or immediate relative family member. Unfortunately, buying property doesn't give you eligibility for getting documents, only a nice place to visit on holiday.

Comment

how can I sponsor stranger to the USa the person sheis in her 20's I am a US citizen Ja resident.
                              Let me use my head and not my heart

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X