Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/2007

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier
    replied
    Re: Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/20

Nadine, thank you for taking the time to answer questions. We are closing this thread.

Please see past immigration articles written by Nadine.

Below is Nadine's contact information please support her as she continues to support our online community.

US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown
    [email protected]
    (407) 678-2224
    http://www.nadinebrownpa.com

Leave a comment:

• Yuriatin
    replied

Blu - if you go to her website, you can see a listing of her credentials.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blugiant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sarree mii late.

What are your credentials? What is your winning percentage? What advice would you give people when to consider when looking for a lawyer? The reason why I ask those questions is the people chances for successful outcome is increased by selecting well qualified lawyers. </div></div>

Leave a comment:

• MayPenYout
    replied
    Re: Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/2007

Thank you Ms. Brown for taking the time to respond to the question and for your suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• blugiant
    replied

sarree mii late.

What are your credentials? What is your winning percentage? What advice would you give people when to consider when looking for a lawyer? The reason why I ask those questions is the people chances for successful outcome is increased by selecting well qualified lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• esquirebrown
    replied

Ok, I think I got everyone and will be signing off now...for anyone who has brief questions that need to be answered now, e-mail me at [email protected] ...or if you want to speak by phone for a consultation, please e-mail me first to schedule a mutual time and then we can speak by phone at (407) 678-2224. I do charge a consultation fee, payable by credit card: $125 and any other services provided: fees vary by service, but for free information, please do read the articles previously posted at Jamaicans.com, also access my web address: http://www.nadinebrownpa.com and check out the US CIS website at http://www.uscis.gov or visa information at http://www.travel.state.gov ...Until next time...and there will be a next time!

Best Wishes to ALL...

Leave a comment:

• esquirebrown
    replied

Venn,

I e-mailed this to you but wanted to post my response for others to see...mi sorry yuh bex lakka bull, but draw in yu bottam lip!

Someone who is in the US on an H2B can adjust status if their I-94 has not expired or if it has expired then the sponsoring person must be a US citizen spouse or adult child. If the I-130 is already pending at the NVC, they can ignore any paperwork from the NVC SO LONG AS the priority date on the I-130 is current...so if they are married to a US citizen, they can immediately adjust with or without a valid I-94 arrival record. If the sponsor is a permanent resident, then the priority date must be current AND the H2B must still be valid (i.e. UNEXPIRED I-94 card).

I didn't really understand your second and third questions...the person who is the beneficiary of the petition files for adjustment of status ...a sibling or parent can only be a sponsor and provide, for instance, an Affidavit of Support...but whoever filed the I-130 petition, that is the sponosr and the H2B person is the beneficiary...and the filer/sponsor has to complete and Affidavit of Support and provide the required supporting documents...if s/he doesn't make enough then s/he can use a co-sponosr... Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• esquirebrown
    replied

Hello Juss_ILP,

I am sorry I didn't get to respond to your question yesterday. I wanted to respond even though I am not very familiar with Jamaican Immigration Law, but would think that if you can get an Affidavit from neighbors or still living family you are home free...or request an offical certified copy of the birth certificate from Spanish Town Registrar that may help since your father probably only provided a copy ...If you can get an affidavit, then I am not certain how long it will take...have you tried contacting the Jamaican Embassy and just applying for a Jamaican passport? Their requirements may not be as strict as getting a certificate of citizenship or some such thing...but these are just speculative answers...good luck!

Leave a comment:

• esquirebrown
    replied

Hello Jamaica Miss,

I am sorry that I didn't get to you yesterday, but wanted to respond to your question. It is difficult when you tell the Embassy that you are boyfriend and girlfriend because they assume you will marry or if he comes he will overstay his visa...so, it is best if someone unrelated to you, sponsors him for a visitor's visa...in addition to his ties to Jamaica and that he is most likely to return there, the sponsor has to show that he will not become a public charge and provide his or her tax returns and a job letter. ...it is difficult...but not impossible. I can help with a letter of invitation and that may work...that requires a formal letter from the sponsor as well as completion of the short form affidavit of support...if you are interested I charge about $350 for this. My consultation fee if you have questions is $125. If you don't want to do the letter of invitation or pursue the visitor's visa...you can do a fiance petition and try that...but if you submit a fiance petition he won't get a visitor's visa for sure...or if you get married, which you don't want to do because of your health insurance, he may be able to come and go if he has a Green Card...you have to weigh what may be best given the rules...I hope this help and contact me if you want to go further. Otherwise, Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• esquirebrown
    replied

Hello May Pen Yout,

Sorry I missed your posting yesterday and am just responding today. I hope you get this...to your question if you can be sponsored after being here 20 years...yes, but it depends...if the person entered legally and received an I-94 entry permit and the sponsor is a US citizen spouse or US citizen adult child 21 years or older, then yes you can have the sponsor (ajult child or spouse) submit the petitions for you...if this is not the case, then you may be out of luck, or if the 20+ year illegal resident has US citizen children but no spouse and the children are under 21, then the option is Cancellation of Removal, but you have to be placed in deportation/removal proceedings. If you want to discuss further or have more details that would help me better advise you, then please contact me by e-mail - [email protected] and we can schedule a consultation by phone. I charge $125 payable by credit card. If I don't hear from you, Good Luck,

Nadine A. Brown, Esq.

Leave a comment:

• Ephratahe
    replied

I'm late to this, but there was so much useful info here [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Thanks, Ms. Brown and Xavier!!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Venn
    replied

Mi is very very bexed!!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad2.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• GhettoGurl
    replied

Ohhh I got ur email, thanks I will be getting in contact

Leave a comment:

• GhettoGurl
    replied

Thank you for the response.. Now I am getting nervous.. they said it would not be a problem [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Will you be back here anytime soon? Or is there an email where I can contact US immigration? or you?

Thank you so much for ur response,
    Nervous GG

Leave a comment:

• dr. bones
    replied

Thanks for the response. My friend is in a bad situation, and trying to weigh his options. Don't think any divorce proceedings have started, but for the life of me I can't figure out why this lady married him then wouldn't file. She keeps saying she filed, but he hasn't heard from the embassy so he doesn't believe she actually filed. He doesn't want to stay married to her if she is here, and he is there, she doesn't visit, and he can't get a visa. Also, come to find out this is the 3rd time this lady has done the K3 (2 for guys in Africa, 1 Ja). Doesn't INS get suspicious about the legitimacy of marriage on your 3rd filing?

Leave a comment:

• BlessedLadyOfZion
    replied

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] I scanned over the fees very quickly. But my god in heaven, some of those forms come wid $1000+ fee [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X