Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Can a person fall from grace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide Revisted...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To anyone, not just Dr.J
    I guess the bigger question is, seeing that he committed suicide, would you say he forfeited receiving grace because he killed himself?
    </div></div>
    Do you remember author Lewis Smedes? Yeah, the same one who wrote "Love & Commitment - Learning to live the Love We Promise". I came across a thought provoking comment he supposedly made on the issue of suicide:

<span style="color: #000099">"All of us commit sins we're too [lost] to recognize as sins. We all die with sins not named and repented of. I believe Jesus died not only for the sins of us all but for all of our sins, including the forgotten ones, including suicide."</span>

Any thoughts?
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Comment

Re: Suicide Revisted...

sound true
      A Mystic Christian: Bachelor in theology, Masters in Christians counseling.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To anyone, not just Dr.J
        I guess the bigger question is, seeing that he committed suicide, would you say he forfeited receiving grace because he killed himself?
        </div></div>
        Do you remember author Lewis Smedes? Yeah, the same one who wrote "Love & Commitment - Learning to live the Love We Promise". I came across a thought provoking comment he supposedly made on the issue of suicide:

<span style="color: #000099">"All of us commit sins we're too [lost] to recognize as sins. We all die with sins not named and repented of. I believe Jesus died not only for the sins of us all but for all of our sins, including the forgotten ones, including suicide."</span>

Any thoughts?
        </div></div>

Yeah.. I remember Lewis and Smede.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I can agree with him. Because as nylah had pointed out earlier, what about the folks suffering from mental health issues? They were the ones I thought of when I asked the question. Can we stand in a position to state that there will be no redemption or grace for them too? I cannot come to terms with that standpoint. Grace is one gift that we need boy, and we will never understand the full measure based on our limited human reasoning capabiities. In your Lewis quote above, we are reminded of the fraility of our humaness and the magnitude of who God is....makes one humble if you think about it..
        I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Comment

^
          Your last sentence is a wonderful reminder of Paul's statement on the wisdom and knowledge of God: "How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways" (Romans 11:33b). There are some issues we cannot know God's mind on, and there's no point trying to figure it out because His ways are inscrutable (deep, mysterious).
          aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
          ~ Anon

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X