Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Rastafarianism - the confusing part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rastafarianism - the confusing part

I was romping with my little daughter and my radio was on. I heard one of my favorite reggae groups singing. It was Morgan's Heritage. They were singing about taking up one's cross, the man from Galilee, and following him.

Then there is Luciano one of my favorite three singers and he sings about things pertinent to Christianity, even resorting to singing Christian hymns.

even the great Bob Marley claimed, "I can't forget no way they crucified Jezus Christ..." in the song, So much things to say.

Then you have those like Sizzla and Capelton who will "bun fiya" on anything remotely Christian. Even Luciano had to reprimand Sizzla for abusing people's beliefs one time. There are rastas or those of their persuasion who will ridicule the Bible claiming, "a Pope Paul and King James bizniss dat" yet will use the same bible for meditative purposes and basis for belief and debate.

I just don't get it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    "Sell the Vatican, feed the world"

Re: Rastafarianism - the confusing part

Some people take what they like or agree with and leave the rest.

Also, just as there are many kinds of Christians, there are many kinds of rastas. Perhaps even more so.

I'm not rasta though, perhaps someone with inside info will come along for you.

Comment

It is true that there are different rastas, just like different christians.
      Actaully a rasta is no different than a christain.
      One believes Jesus is God,
      the other Salassie.

But the Jesus that sizzla and others are brning is this white Jesus that is portrayed in most places.
      They will tell you Jesus was a black man in other songs, or Salassie is the Jesus incarnate.

Christians are no less confusing than any other religious sect in the "world".
      In islam there is the same confusion where different sects say oneting an anodah seh anoddah ting.
      <span style="font-style: italic">make my enemy my footstool</span>

Comment

So if the alleged confusion that reigns in Christianity is a turn off, how should I view rastarafian confusion on this key point?

Point well taken on the popular image of Christ. That makes sense. But if that Jesus does not exist, how do rastas view the 'black' Jesus some speak of? Who is He to them? What is He to them? And if they "bun King James bible," how do we know what he said? Is there somewhere else we can find his genuine teachings?
        &quot;Sell the Vatican, feed the world&quot;

Comment

Nuff confusion in de world m breddrin.

Do you mean the genuine teachings of Jesus?
          Do you really think your ready?

Comment

Very ready Dahjah. Very ready.

Comment

I'll be down nex munt, we'll definately link up.

Comment

A little more oil in my lamp keep it burning, a little more oil in my lamp I pray, A little more oil in my lamp keep it burning, keep it burning till the break of day.....(ska, ska)

Comment

To me, Rastafari is a personal lifestyle choice. I start from a foundation of love and respect for all things (people, animal, blade of grass, spider, etc.) I try to see the positive and leave the negative. I try to listen to the "voice inside" and do what seem right to me. Am I perfect? Hell, no! Do I slip? (right dung a gulley!)

What turns me off about nearly all organized religion is the whole "we" vs. "they" factor. For example, if one does not sacrifice a purple six week old badger on the full moon of the sixth month like "we" do, one is doomed to eternal enemas. Because who really knows if the Most High even likes purple badgers? What if him like variety?

But anyway, it took me years to learn a fundamental thing: "I know Jah nevah let I down." Ever, even when I'm being hard headed and refuse to listen. Once you know that one thing, everything is criss.

I guess, to kind of answer your question: Jesus did his thing. Buddah did his thing. Mohammed did his thing. Purple Badger peeps do their thing. If they start from a foundation of love and respect, it's all good. Now I do my thing (maybe not on a grand scale, but......I try). [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  **raiseyeyebrows** pon de whole a oonu!

Comment

Fram I barn...DWL!!!

Goldy you said all of that and have not even touhced the subject yet. Rewind and come again please. LOL!!!!

Comment

Well then, I guess, mi no know what dem singers is thinking. Mi is confused too, so mussi alright den. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but den again, upon re-reading.... ya nevah ask a questian inna de fust. my bad

***runninframdemeninwhitesuitsdem***
                      **raiseyeyebrows** pon de whole a oonu!

Comment

I think I understood you Locks. In the Quaran it says that Christian, Jews and other Men of faith have a path to Allah's paradise as well. So your saying to be a Rasta you must have faith in the fact that others can have a different faith. Mutty I know this has nothing to do with what you were discussing and what enlightenment from Christ, DahJah, is going to empower you with, I just liked GoldyLocks approach. If I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by goldilocks:
                          [qb]
                          I guess, to kind of answer your question: Jesus did his thing. Buddah did his thing. Mohammed did his thing. Purple Badger peeps do their thing. If they start from a foundation of love and respect, it's all good. Now I do my thing (maybe not on a grand scale, but......I try). [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [/qb]
                          Matthew 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
                          Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Some body is lying.

Muhammed is esteemed by Muslims as the last prophet of Allah. Jesus is given mentioned by the Muslims as just another prophet in a line streching from Moses to Muhammed.

But Jesus said the Law and prophets ended with John. After John Jesus preached Kingdom, so the prophet Agabus mentioned in the New testament book of Acts is a prophet as all given the gifts of prophesy in the church are prophets they prophesy by the Holy Spirit given to the church at Pentecost.

So if Muhammed came after John, which he did, then Jesus said he was no prophet like Moses for that line ended at John.

So according to Jesus Muhammed is not a prophet because this same Jesus say I am the way, the truth and the life. After John no man cometh to the father but through me.

So Muhammed would have to be a christian according to Jesus to be a prophet.

He was not.

So we are talking about two different fathers, clearly Allah is Muhammed God not the God of Jesus.

But Jesus said there is only one God, his father.

So Jesus don't recognise Allah.

The christian God and the muslim God are not the same.

Somebody is lying. Who????????

By similar reasoning we can show Jesus bears no relationship to any Hindi deity.

Jesus is not a competitor for the position of Lord of Lord King of KIngs, Lion of the tribe of Judah.

The bible declares there is one Lord and one mediator between God and Man and Haile Salassie is not it.

One lord-Jesus, One King of Kings- Jesus. One Lord of Lords -Jesus. There is no other.

Comment

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by accepted:
                              [QBBut Jesus said there is only one God, his father.

So Jesus don't recognise Allah.

The christian God and the muslim God are not the same.

Somebody is lying. Who????????

By similar reasoning we can show Jesus bears no relationship to any Hindi deity.

Jesus is not a competitor for the position of Lord of Lord King of KIngs, Lion of the tribe of Judah.

The bible declares there is one Lord and one mediator between God and Man and Haile Salassie is not it.

One lord-Jesus, One King of Kings- Jesus. One Lord of Lords -Jesus. There is no other.[/QB]
                              accepted
                              Allah is the same Jehova so tap fool up de ppl to mek one religion greater than the other.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X