Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Waiting On The Lord...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waiting On The Lord...

Good topic.!!
    What do I do?? Well first I would try praying for awhile. Then if nothing happened, I would complain. Then I would repent and then pray again. Then if nothing has changed, I would throw a fit, then I would repent. If nothing happened, then I would howl and throw a pity party-then repent...and the apostasy cycle starts again. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Patience is certainly a virtue! I have a lifetime experiences that has brought me from a 10 to 4 on the impatient scale [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . Still impatient but I am not what I used to be. My current job has me dealing with children/teens on a daily basis and I thank the Lord for helping me to develop this part of the fruit of the Spirit. Lord, they trrrrry me! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However, I have no intention of walking back through the wilderness again. But as Tropicana and others have said, it is verrrrrrry difficult and especially if you are the personality type whose thought/behaviour patterns are characterized by time schedules, an order to daily activities, deadlines etc.

All in all, I like the fact that we are beauties in the stone and only He can gradually sculpt us into the unique creations that we are.

I do not like the process but I will continue to trust His process. that's my conclusion on the matter.

Thanks for the reflection...
    I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Comment

Originally posted by Silent River:
      but I will continue to trust His process.
      That's what matters....

Comment

CEW!
        Man, God bless you brother. I usually wait some time before I form opinions about a poster, being in cyberspace and all that. But you have really made this forum richer with your posts.

Queen!
        That was awesome, as christians we all struggle with this issue trust. Change my desires!!
        Just got up from praying and read this, you made my day.

Sistagirl, VW, Tropi, Jedi, CG keep it coming, great posts all.

Have a blessed day.

Comment

accepted: Thanks much, brother. I am just trying to do my bit to encourage us all in the Lord, while exchanging thoughts on some of the common issues we face as Christians.

Silent River: I had a good chuckle at your "apostasy cycle", and boy, isn't that true for most of us who have spent time in the waiting room! I remember years ago going through a similar cycle when God seemed silent on some very important issues, then I realized that the only time He ministered to my spirit was when I became silent. Looking back at it now, what I wanted then would not have been within my best interest in the long term, and I am very glad I went through that period as it really taught me the meaning of the word surrender.

In any case, I do think that our impatience is a stronghold that has to be broken down, and surrendered to the Lord. As Comprygirl so correctly pointed out, during those moments we have to remind ourselves that we can do all things through Christ who gives us the strength. Our physical/natural environment operates on deadlines and so on, but God really operates on His own time. It can be very frustrating but I would rather put my trust in the Lord than take off and do my own thing. It is amazing what we can accomplish when we allow the Holy Spirit, who is our Helper, to take us beyond our human limitations.

Comprygirl: I have often wondered why it took a period of 25 years between the time God promised Abraham a son, and the time that promise came through. Even Abe faltered in that respect, but God did come through as promised. In Christ, all of God's promises are "yes and amen", and He has promised His word will not return to Him void (unfulfilled). That makes it that much easier for me to trust Him fully, especially during the dark times.
          aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
          ~ Anon

Comment

Originally posted by accepted:
            [QB]CEW!
            Man, God bless you brother. I usually wait some time before I form opinions about a poster, being in cyberspace and all that. But you have really made this forum richer with your posts.
            I second that Accepted. I also have a feeling that CEW makes a huge difference in the lives of everyone who crosses his path. May God continue to bless and use you CEW.

Comment

Originally posted by CEW:
              Please check your PM.[/QB]
              I did, thank you - now check yours.
              Don't worry about tomorrow, God is already there...

Comment

Did it ever occur that the Almighty is waiting for us? We have so much to learn. God's patience must be wearing awfully thin.
                ROOTS REGGAE and the music it influenced *R U L E S*. Anything else is, at best, 2nd best.

Comment

Yes. CEW is a blessing both on and off the board...thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaePlus:
                    [qb]Did it ever occur that the Almighty is waiting for us? We have so much to learn. God's patience must be wearing awfully thin.[/qb]
                    mmmm R+..thats it right there..And we can never seem to get it right huh? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He is the one waiting for us to be still and know He is God...Well, Thats why He is the Almighty and I am not..(sigh) thank God!!

CEW:Looking back at it now, what I wanted then would not have been within my best interest in the long term, and I am very glad I went through that period as it really taught me the meaning of the word surrender.

Can I hear an Amen?
                    AAAAAAMMMMMMEEEENNN!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaePlus:
                      [qb]Did it ever occur that the Almighty is waiting for us? We have so much to learn. God's patience must be wearing awfully thin.[/qb]
                      Excellent point. God has already done His portion, and the rest is pretty much up to us. This leads into my next topic which will be posted tomorrow.

Tropicana, Comprygirl: Thanks much. You guys have been tremendous and I do appreciate the interaction. God Bless!

~ Anon

Comment

I know I promised a new post today, but during the drive home last evening, I was reflecting on this topic and having a chat with God about it. One of the things that we have overlooked in this discussion, and which ReggaePlus alluded to, was the fact that there are times when we are NOT in the position to recieve from God the things we have asked Him for.

In NFL/CFL football terms, God is like the QuarterBack (QB) and we are like Receivers. No matter how ready the QB is to throw that ball, if there are no receivers open, he has no one to throw to. During our chat, it dawned on me that the pre-game plan for connecting with God - our QB - was already made clear: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7). In Mark 11:22-24 we read: "And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." What we tend to overlook in our leaning on these verses is the next two: "And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

It seems to me therefore that it is not so much that some of us are in God's waiting room, as it is that we are in His recovery room. He is waiting for us to right our relationship with Him before He release unto us the blessings we ask for. In the interim, we are deceived into thinking that it is God who is not on time, when in reality, we are out of position due to unforgiveness, sin, disobedience, rebellion, and so on. Remember God's word cannot return to Him void (Isaiah 55:11) but we have to be in position for them to be fulfilled in our individual lives. If you are waiting, check out your positioning. You may be the one stopping your own answers from coming through.

~ Anon

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X