Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Should Christian women look different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Christian women look different?

Pressure ? Who is under pressure CEW ??? If I take the train in the morning, there are any number of half naked women sorrounding me. Same thing at work. And I won't even get into places of entertainment.

So lets back up a little here bossman. Who is it that is supposed to be under pressure here again ?

And while you are at it, can you tell me please when is the last time you saw the store manager at a Victoria's Secrets taking women off the street at gunpoint and forcing them to wear anything ?

Comment

Originally posted by RollinCalf:
      [qb]Pressure ? Who is under pressure CEW ??? If I take the train in the morning, there are any number of half naked women sorrounding me. Same thing at work. And I won't even get into places of entertainment.

So lets back up a little here bossman. Who is it that is supposed to be under pressure here again ?
      [/qb]
      Huh???? I borrowed the word "pressure" from Tropicana's response to you. Didn't you read it?
      aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
      ~ Anon

Comment

C'mon you're a thinking man. I am sure that you didn't borrow the word without some thought.

Again, when men are sorrounded by half-naked women on the train, at work, in the supermarket, at places of entertainment, and, as I am being told, at church, who is it that is under the pressure ? Who is it that is being manipulated ? How is it that women have made themselves out to be the victims here ("What I find kind of sad is that women feel the need to "sell" their bodies by showing them off to men")?

Comment

Originally posted by coffeegyal:
          [qb]By the same token, does being a non-Christian mean I have license to dress like a...(trying to think of appropriate word)...what I mean to say is that you dress for the type of attention you want to attract.

I'm casual, don't always wear make-up, and I found a person who knows what I really look like and likes me anyway. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Tropicana, it can be dangerous (to your own self image) to advertise one thing while you want something different. It can set false expectations.[/qb]
          (((CG))) Now here is a woman with her head on straight. What is the difference? I believe how women dress period, is according to who or what they want to attract whether they are believers or unbelievers.

But specifically when we talk about Christian women, it is not necessary to bare the essentials inorder to draw attention. Putting yourself together fashionably yet decently makes a distinct statement about who you are and what you are about.
          A little more oil in my lamp keep it burning, a little more oil in my lamp I pray, A little more oil in my lamp keep it burning, keep it burning till the break of day.....(ska, ska)

Comment

"(((CG)))I believe how women dress period is according to who or what they want to attract believer or unbeliever."

Huh ?

Comment

[qb]C'mon you're a thinking man. I am sure that you didn't borrow the word without some thought.

Again, when men are sorrounded by half-naked women on the train, at work, in the supermarket, at places of entertainment, and, as I am being told, at church, who is it that is under the pressure ? Who is it that is being manipulated ? How is it that women have made themselves out to be the victims here ("What I find kind of sad is that women feel the need to "sell" their bodies by showing them off to men")?[/qb]
              I do agree with you that men are under a lot of pressure from these scantily/provocatively clad females, and this is even moreso for the committed Christian male. Trust me, I have seen some in a few churches that had it not been for the grace of God, there would be a yeilding to the temptation to take that second look! The pressure is definitely on to keep the eyes steadfast and the heart focused. It is hard to imagine that some of these females are serious about wanting committed Christian guys.

~ Anon

Comment

very interesting topic this,christian women and their attire.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                ***drool***..dribble**dribble*
                I can hardly contain myself..... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the big large hats with the nice pink ribbons around them are normally a total turn on for me...**drool*dribble**

I cant continue...the excitement is too overwhelming..
                bigger badder and browner !

Comment

[qb]Again, when men are sorrounded by half-naked women on the train, at work, in the supermarket, at places of entertainment, and, as I am being told, at church, who is it that is under the pressure ? Who is it that is being manipulated ? How is it that women have made themselves out to be the victims here ("What I find kind of sad is that women feel the need to "sell" their bodies by showing them off to men")?[/qb]
                  That's my quote RC and I never said women were victims. Obviously we choose how we dress. I said I find it sad that some women can't relate to men on a level other than a sexual one - that is what those who dress scantily are advertising - sex, right?

I surely don't see myself as a victim.

If seeing scantily clad women on the train makes you feel victimized I'd suggest simply looking the other way. Voila, victimhood vanquished.

Comment

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am responding to how Christian Woman Should Dress: It is a growing process. Once a Woman has reached her spiritual potiential God will reveal to her her standards as a woman and the respect of respecting her self.
                    If you can't get down, don't waste me time...life is too short

Dance like nobody's watching, Love like you've never been hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by NYer:
                      [qb]...I find it sad that some women can't relate to men on a level other than a sexual one - that is what those who dress scantily are advertising - sex, right? [/qb]
                      Excellent point.

~ Anon

Comment

What one wears should not dictate their values and respect for the Church and God.

Although, (Fashion Palace), sorry I mean Prayer Palace is a little too extra for me. The one and only time I went there, I couldn't believe what I saw. The females looked like they were competing for best dressed fashion queen. The males looked like they came straight from the clus. There were 3 guys behind me who smelled strong of marijuana. It was real sad.
                        If you feel a little useless, offended or depressed. Always remember that <span style="font-weight: bold">YOU</span> were once the fastest &amp; most victorious little sperm out of millions!

Comment

Yes- Christians are called to be different from the world and how we present ourselves physically is part of it. Of course, what matters most about a person is what's in their heart- BUT we are called not to conform to the patterns of this world. If the Christian men you are finding seem to be drawn to women who are flaunting their bodies, then maybe these are not the kind of men you would want anyway. At best, this indicates a lack of spiritual maturity. As a Christian man, I would likewise have to question the spiritual maturity of a woman who was dressing in such a way to entice. There is nothing wrong with dressing attractively but there is a modest and classy way to do it. Maybe a guy could meet a sister who is dressing a little to racy, but I would think in time she would definitely take it down a couple notches. It's sad to me that women would have to advertise her body to get noticed- ESPECIALLY a Christian. I think the sisters who dress to entice are very likely to draw shallow me, but there are exceptions of course. I prefer a woman who dresses modestly but still attractively- taking pride in her appearance. I think this kind of woman will allow Christ within to shine through beyond what merely the eyes can see!

Comment

Ivory, I have heard the same thing about Prayer Palace. At Rhema I am told the women all dress like they are going to a night club or as if they have just stepped off a CD cover. I have seen a number of them and it's 100% true. The men don't seem to be complaining.

CEW Originally Posted:

The other thing I am wondering about is this: For the sisters who compromise on the clothing to get the attention, what frame of mind are they in when they go to Church to worship?
                            First of all, I know that other women dress in revealing clothes to go to church. I don't. I have started pushing the envelope recently in social situations but only after years upon years upon years of being ignored by Christian men. I have eyes, I see who they hang out with. A case in point is the girlfriend of a Bible study leader. I just got back from Bible study. She dresses like a ___ all the time. They just announced tonight that they are getting married. He proposed on Sunday. She is the bleached blonde who turned up dressed like a genie with 3/4 of her breasts showing and the whole of her miggle exposed for a costume party last month.

All my years of dressing fashionably but modestly have gotten me one thing...still single 12 years after the break up of my marriage. Now I would never push things as far as the young lady in the picture that Beluved posted. That is just WAY too much. But yes, the pants are tighter, the tops more clingy and lower cut and the skirts shorter than they were even 8 months ago. Unfortunate really. Howver, I NEVER dress like that for church.
                            I do agree with you, but I am wondering what does it say about the sisters who give in to this kind of pressure?

It is hard to imagine that some of these females are serious about wanting committed Christian guys.
                            CEW, I respect you but don't lay this one on me. If the men responded to women who dress modestly, women would dress more modestly. It gets humiliating to be ignored time and time again by men who profess to be Christians.

coffegyal originally posted:

Tropicana, it can be dangerous (to your own self image) to advertise one thing while you want something different. It can set false expectations.
                            Probably true. But at this point, I know of no other options. Men who think like CEW are few and far between regardless of whether or not they call themselves Christians.

Jedi originally posted:
                            But specifically when we talk about Christian women, it is not necessary to bare the essentials inorder to draw attention. Putting yourself together fashionably yet decently makes a distinct statement about who you are and what you are about.
                            Oh Jedi, you don't know how much I wish this were true

NYer Originally Posted:
                            ...I find it sad that some women can't relate to men on a level other than a sexual one - that is what those who dress scantily are advertising - sex, right?
                            You are married so you have no idea the pressure that women are under. There is a SEVERE shortage of men in the church period. The shortage of Black men is even more acute. Most single men in their late 30s and early 40s will tell you point blank that they are looking for a woman in her late 20s or early 30s. Once you pass about 32, you're screwed. The pickings are mighty slim, especially for a Black woman. If what a woman is doing is not working, she would be a fool to keep on doing it especially when she sees other women having success with a different strategy.
                            I hear you...but is this the kind of guy you want to be with
                            No but it seems to be all that's out there. I see the way these single Christian men in their late 30s and 40s act. Despite the fact that there are TONS of single women in the church, they basically string you along and then overlook you in the never ending search for some hot blonde who looked like she just stepped off the cover of Cosmo magazine.

Sorjournah originally posted:
                            As a Christian man, I would likewise have to question the spiritual maturity of a woman who was dressing in such a way to entice.
                            I notice you said nothing about the spiritual maturity of the Christian men who only date and marry women who look like bimbos. It is the fact that these men ignore Christian women who dress modestly that causes men of us to give up. It is the men who are to show the spiritual leadership and they are just not doing it.

Comment

Tropicana, please check your PM.

Thanks.

Comment

(((Tropicana))) you know I get exasperated just reading some of your posts. Where are you? I mean to say my sisters and I in New York City dress every Sunday morning for Church and I cannot rightly say I can remember seeing anyone dressed in a manner that would be considered evokative. The teenagers perhaps, but the women?
                                And usually the teen girls respond well to being taken aside by the older women, I have teen girls too. Let me also say that I have drawn attention to myself by the way I dress without showing the skin of any major assets(and I don't wear outrageous hats or any of the stuff featured in "essence magazine" either). Your style and attitude is 100% of your attractiveness, and not neccessarily the baring of your boobs and assets. Matter of fact if you want to get all the sisters on your case dress in a manner that may be considered attention getting to the men. You know there is a message of desperation that is sent sometimes by the way one dresses and while there are dogs in every church, that could be a turn off for good prospects.
                                A little more oil in my lamp keep it burning, a little more oil in my lamp I pray, A little more oil in my lamp keep it burning, keep it burning till the break of day.....(ska, ska)

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X