Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

RCA Jacks.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA Jacks.....

Anyone know where i can purchase gold tip RCA jacks, and S video cable, longer than 12'? I cant seem to find anything longer than 12'.
    Remember that age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

Re: RCA Jacks.....

ummm well. radio shack sell those things. but you can try out crutchfield.com

Comment

Thanks sah, Radio shack nuh hav nuttin langah dan 12'...Mi will try Crutchfield....Tanx

Comment

mi nah say u WILL find wah u want, but dem extensive music products. all kinda sinting dem have.

Comment

a company called bluejeans cable sells S-video and RCA cables cables up to 50'.
          When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

You will have a problem with S-video longer than 12 feet,since beyon thar length it acts as an antenna and pick up inteferance.

I suggest if you can't find RCA cables beyond that length,you can buy a a line coupler at radio Shack and use it to join 2 sets.
            good luck
            Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dudd:
              [qb]You will have a problem with S-video longer than 12 feet,since beyon thar length it acts as an antenna and pick up inteferance.

I suggest if you can't find RCA cables beyond that length,you can buy a a line coupler at radio Shack and use it to join 2 sets.
              good luck[/qb]
              I thought about that, but I'm concerned about losing video and audio quality with couplers. I'm doing the Plasma TV thing, and where Im mounting it, it is going to require about 25' of connections.

Thanks for the suggestions...

Comment

at 50 feet you may need avideo amplifier due to power drop.

Use a line amplifier,as a coupler,it will solve both your problem.
                Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by RichD:
                  [qb]a company called bluejeans cable sells S-video and RCA cables cables up to 50'.[/qb]
                  Mi will check that out too.. Thanks sah....

Comment

Seriously I think at 50 feet,you can buy the cables and the gold RCA jacks,a cheap soldering kit and make them yourself in 30 mintues and save a lot of everything.

Comment

Dr.Dudd yu sumart eeen, yu married sah [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
                      http://www.iconscious.de/flaglionofjudah.gif

Comment

[qb]at 50 feet you may need avideo amplifier due to power drop.

Use a line amplifier,as a coupler,it will solve both your problem.[/qb]
                        Thats a good idea.....If I cant find a desirable length It looks like the way to go...Thanks for the suggestion..

Comment

doc..mi nuh tink sey dis is where yuh want fi cut cost if yuh lay out plasma money already.
                          When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

OK I did not see the 25 feet,but at 25 feet you will need a amp for your s-video connection.

You solution will be to call your TV service number and tell them your problem. They will have the solution,since I am suse they would have herd ut before.

Comment

[qb]Seriously I think at 50 feet,you can buy the cables and the gold RCA jacks,a cheap soldering kit and make them yourself in 30 mintues and save a lot of everything.[/qb]
                              Mi nuh tink mi will do de soldering ting wid dis set yah....Mi woulda prefer true conectivity wid dis..

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X