Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Kingston airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kingston airport

Thank you doc.

hadn't considered a plane, bnd...which airline was it?
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from. </div></div> Less than a mile probably 1/2. </div></div>sovereign centre nuh up a liganea?[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

seems to me it would be a longer drive than that
      When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from. </div></div> Less than a mile probably 1/2. </div></div>sovereign centre nuh up a liganea?[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

seems to me it would be a longer drive than that </div></div> You no know Kingston
        you go down Old Hope Rd,turn right by Unity,Next to The PNP ofice,then turn down laDy Musgrave,then Trafalgar,Rd,then Knutsford Blvd,then Dominica Dr.
        Easy walk I use to do it as a boy because we have properties at Lords Rd In th egolden Triangle and matilda's corner (another name for the area that includes Sovreign center.
        Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

seems to me it would be a longer drive than that </div></div> You no know Kingston
          you go down Old Hope Rd,turn right by Unity,Next to The PNP ofice,then turn down laDy Musgrave,then Trafalgar,Rd,then Knutsford Blvd,then Dominica Dr.
          Easy walk I use to do it as a boy because we have properties at Lords Rd In th egolden Triangle and matilda's corner (another name for the area that includes Sovreign center. </div></div>

That's one hell of a walk star! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] Yuh probably nuh memba caw yuh was a yute an entertain yuh mind while yuh a walk. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/music.gif[/img]

For the record, if you take the good Doctor's way it's just over 2 miles.

Personally I wouldn't walk that far (too lazy) but if I had to I'd go down Hope Road (not Old)then hang a left on Donhead Ave that changes into Meymour Ave. (That road is less busy and in a residential neighbourhood so it's a much more pleasant walk than Old Hope Rd. Them right on Montrose, left on Lady Musgrave, Right on Argyle (avoid Trafalgar) left on Braemar, then whichever way you want to Dominica.

They way I walk it would take me an hour. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/dance01.gif[/img]

Comment

why wouldnt yu take a taxi?? It about 5 US dollars .. and less than 15 minute drive ..
            its scenic early in the morn BEFORE the sun stawt to bun yu hed top inna kgn...

Comment

Either way, it's a pretty cheap taxi right, right? I am going to fly in and out of Sangster now because the KIN part is an extra $180...I can take Knutsford for $22 and be right near where I need to be, schedule works.

Comment

BND - what was the deal with flying a small plane to KIN from MoBay? Company, cost, any other info?

Comment

The company, Ohliz, is called International Airlink. Their website is not working right now, but it used to be http://www.intlairlink.com

They used to have 10 flights a day between MoBay and Tinson Pen Airport, which is much more convenient than Norman Manley. However their plane got re-po'ed and for a while they are usinga a smaller plane. Now supposedly they got a new 19-seat plane and have resumed operations.

Try these contacts and see if they work.
                  email [email protected]

Comment

Thank you Magic. I booked today, in and out of MoBay...because it was so much cheaper. I'll see about that small plane flight.

Where is Tinson Pen Airport - is it closer to New Kingston??

Comment

Much closer.
                      About 10min from new Kgn. And when you land it's 30 seconds and you're out.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Much closer.
                        About 10min from new Kgn. And when you land it's 30 seconds and you're out. </div></div> That is what 2 miles is magic, It is 2 miles frm New Kingston to Tinson Pen aerodome.
                        Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X