Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Kingston airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston airport

Hiya,

I may spend a few days in Kingston at the beginning or end of my November trip. I've never flown in or out of Kingston before. In what ways is the airport different from MoBay? Busier/less busy? Leave more/less time to get there and get checked in?

Any insight appreciated [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Re: Kingston airport

i have always found it less busy than montegobay
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

Definitely less busy. less drama. Quick in and out thru immig and customs [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Then again, if 3 other flights come in with yours u better pray u get to the top a the lines first [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
      R Kelly all summer long *sigh* <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif

Comment

the tourists in the line wid me., last time i went home, tell me that the Mobay immigration lines dem seem to move faster.
        “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

I doan know bout Mobay..I only connect there sometimes so I never go thru immgiration...but I get thru quickly in KIN once I find my bags
          <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizi_2d_universe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely less busy. less drama. Quick in and out thru immig and customs [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Then again, if 3 other flights come in with yours u better pray u get to the top a the lines first [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

</div></div>

I agree!

Comment

Thanks all.

Now to see which end of the trip to put Kingston on...it'll cost me an extra $40-80 to fly into one and out of the other but that seems cheaper than going all the way back to MoBay from KIN...

Comment

I prefer to fly in and out of Manley. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

You're in and out much quicker. As long as is just your flight that come in, the immigration lines are ok. If more than one flight come in then it can get backed up. There's a whole heap of check-in counters now in the new part when you departing.

If you flying on AirJ, make sure you call ahean and "pre-checkin". That way you can show up just an hour before the flight.

Comment

if yu arrive wid all a flight from NY wid all di higglerz or one a dem 400 plus passenger plane from Englan, yu sawlt !! It could be a nitemare ... plus Aj, is well nown for cancelling or delaying flights from Kgn to mobay (widout apologies)and vice versa.
                  Another way to travel cheaply widout drama is to travel wid di Coach dat goes from Mobay to New Kgn - Knutsfor Express.. on time and courteous service ..and dependable ..and affordable .. roun about $23 dollars ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer to fly in and out of Manley. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

You're in and out much quicker. As long as is just your flight that come in, the immigration lines are ok. If more than one flight come in then it can get backed up. There's a whole heap of check-in counters now in the new part when you departing.

If you flying on AirJ, make sure you call ahean and "pre-checkin". That way you can show up just an hour before the flight. </div></div>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if yu arrive wid all a flight from NY wid all di higglerz or one a dem 400 plus passenger plane from Englan, yu sawlt !! It could be a nitemare ... </div></div>

BOADWL. u are soo right. but if u not in a hurry u will be in for a heluva comedy, hair an fashion show though [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    R Kelly all summer long *sigh* <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiya,

I may spend a few days in Kingston at the beginning or end of my November trip. I've never flown in or out of Kingston before. In what ways is the airport different from MoBay? Busier/less busy? Leave more/less time to get there and get checked in?

Any insight appreciated [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div> If you can swim the parts of the road that regularly overflow, when the 6 inch tide is high... Bring Bikini in your carry on.
                      Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                        Another way to travel cheaply widout drama is to travel wid di Coach dat goes from Mobay to New Kgn - Knutsfor Express.. on time and courteous service ..and dependable ..and affordable .. roun about $23 dollars ...</div></div>

I just found their site and am thinking I may do that. They have 4 trips each way per day now it seems. If they added Mandeville as one article suggests it would be PERFECT as I am heading to Kingston from Treasure Beach.

If I did fly it would be AA from Miami, direct, no MoBay stop.

Comment

Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from. </div></div> Less than a mile probably 1/2.
                            Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

wayyyy prefer flying in and out of manley.... hands down

also took the small plane from king to mobay.. its a snap. easy as pie..

hope ill be back very soon.. starting to miss it
                              A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X