Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Negril - Beach vs. Cliffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Negril - Beach vs. Cliffs

TO ME, IT'S JUST GETTING TO NEGIRL,
    The rest takes care of itself. I stay at neither (cliff or beach) now, just on the road. All the sights and sounds are there for the sharing. So much to do in and around Negril, there's never enough time to take it all in. Just trying is half the fun!

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] jim

Comment

Oops, I meant Rockhouse. If you'd like to log onto a website that I found really cool about some properties that you can look at pictures, prices, location (with maps) etc. Click on the "MAPS" icon on the left side of page, and you can look at Beach or Cliff properties. There are quite a few one here, but of course, these are not the only properties.

http://www.negrilonestop.com/netscapenew.html

Either place, Negril is a wonderful place!

Martina [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks sea. I found that site when looking for Rondel pics..their pictures are in general much nicer than the ones on the "official" site.
        Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

This will be my first stay on the cliffs. As Jim said anywhere in Negril is wonderful, except up at the AI's;Jim didn't say that I did. I mean the road leads you to all the places easily.
          The only thing I have noticed about the beach, and Its my favorite place, The Whistling Bird is across from The Jungle and Thursday nights; It's LOUD till 5AM, with taxis and dogs barking. Maybe its the Bird section. But the action on Band nights is fun.
          If you want quiet well I think the cliffs is the place. On the beach your surrounded with the action most of the night.
          I love to walk, as did my friend Jamlover. I start at the top of the cliffs , that's a super walk with lots of stuff to see,on the beach; the beach itself is the interesting part. geo

Comment

I've never stayed on the cliffs. I like staying on the beach cause you can walk everywhere.

Comment

We spent two wonderful weeks on the beach in December. We've booked the same room at Secrets for next fall, but will split our time with someplace on the cliffs. Like TeaOom, we love just
              walking on the beach for miles everyday. Unlike some people, we weren't bothered by many sand fleas and had no mosquitos. The privacy of the cliffs has an appeal that we want to try. That and the ease of snorkeling. But I agree with George and Jim, you can't go wrong either place.

Comment

For the original poster, another advantage of staying on the cliffs at the time you are going, is that there will be considerably less spring break activity.

Rockhouse could be VERY quiet if the Pickled Parrot has really closed and is staying closed (it is next door).

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Liz
                Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

Geo, When you stop by to check uot the place that we stay at, give Jaunitta a big hug from me and laura [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] jim

Comment

BOTH
                    Tek mi back a yard...

Comment

I found a web site for a place called Rock Cliff - I know there has been discussion on Rock House, but I stumbled acros this website for Rock Villa. Thought this might help you out.

Martina [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry -Guess it would really help if I would put the link on here, huh?

http://www.negril.com/rockcliff/

Here you go. (Sorry I was superbowl distracted!)

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I hadn't checked back here for a few days, and am amazed at the number of responses. Thank you everyone! Sounds like there are pros and cons for both beach and cliffs. We're definitely staying at the Rockhouse, though, and I'm very excited after hearing all the good things about it.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X