Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

TOPIC OF THE WEEK - What items do you bring back from Jamaica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOPIC OF THE WEEK - What items do you bring back from Jamaica?

My mom ran out of her Blue Mountain Coffee unfortunately, and now demands 10 pounds of whole beans. The ammount is getting larger and larger every time. I bet in five years I'll have to hire a freigher ship to carry the requested 3 tons of coffee.

Comment

Thanks Judgenot !!1 I feel silly asking the question but im a newbie here and have not been to jamaica yet-going to negril this summer-yahooooooo [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

askme...you should be called tellme!!! there's no such thing as a silly question...how do ya learn if ya don ask...?
        The color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes......

Comment

A wooden carved item WITH dyes used to color the wood - very beautiful. Rag dolls. The kids are convinced they bought reggae CD's they couldn't find in the US. Appleton rum is $7 per bottle!! Wished I'd known I could bring 3 Dives jerk - it was the best ever!

Comment

Things I've brought back from Jamaica: sugar cane (peeled & bagged), fresh ackee (boiled & jarred), mangos, huge wall coverings made of weaved bamboo, bamboo baskets, place mats etc, wicker art, carvings, all kinds of boxes (I love boxes for jewelry and things), aloe vera plant, blue mountain coffee, sand, seashells, shakers from the shaker tree (these make intresting music intruments for the kids), coconut water, a t-shirt or two, reggae tapes, and herbs!

Comment

Scarlet, I didn't make it to 3 dives that day either, it was one of those crazy days trying to get things accomplished in Sav, NOT my favorite way to spend an afternoon! By the time we got back to Little Bay, Sam was swamped and it wasn't untill much later that he could tear himself away from the business. I do so hope to meet up with you on a next trip soon!

Comment

Got married on DEC 31 and brought back a HUSBAND [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I always bring back coffee. This time it was roasted fresh at Irie Rest. I also was fortunate enough to have them cook and freeze ackee for me. I also got the usual beaded jewelry and t-shirts.
                  This time I also got a great Bob Marley picture cheap in Calabash.

Comment

Rum
                    Lots of Rum Creme - Banana & Coconut
                    Lots of Ting
                    Parfums - Khus Khus & White Witch
                    Blessed are they that are flexible, for they shall not be broken

Comment

I always bring home a doll or two. I love the handmade dolls from Jamaica. I found a beautiful one at this store and it looked like it had been sitting there forever! It cost 5 American dollars! I was so delighted! I always bring backs wall hangings and a piece of jewelry. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Rain, shine... Jamaica... anytime!

Comment

I always have to bring back coffee, rum, rum cream, fish, wall hangings and pictures and T-shirts which I share with family and friends.

Comment

I am going to Negril on March 25 2002 and I would like to know where do you go shopping for the items? This will be my first time in Jamaica and I am open to any suggestions on where to shop... Thanks. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, and what is 3 Dives?

Comment

Originally posted by IM:
                              [qb]Scarlet, I didn't make it to 3 dives that day either, it was one of those crazy days trying to get things accomplished in Sav, NOT my favorite way to spend an afternoon! By the time we got back to Little Bay, Sam was swamped and it wasn't untill much later that he could tear himself away from the business. I do so hope to meet up with you on a next trip soon![/qb]
                              [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, glad to hear I wasn't the only one that didn't make it. LOL

Yes...always a next trip.
                              "To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it"
                              -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

3 Dives is an outdoor restaurant/bar on the cliffs next to Xtabi, they are famous for their jerk chicken and sauce which you can eat there and/or bring home. We do a lot of both [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X