Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Intra-Island Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intra-Island Flights

I am considering on taking a plane ride to Negril from Montego Bay or vice versa. I am not yet decided but I think that I may take one way by bus and the other way by air. However, I don't know any intra-island flights except by Air Jamaica Express and it is a bit costly. So, does anyone know any other companies?
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Intra-Island Flights

There are others...Burl Air, TimAir, but they don't cost less than air JA express I don't think....about $60 per person dependig on the # of people you have?
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

I will be travelling with four people... and Thanks.

Comment

...Miriam, I think that with 4 people you could fly any of the puddle jumpers at their lowest fare.

AirJamaica Express (makes no difference in the # of passengers)

TimAir (quotes depending upon the # of passengers)

Burl Air (same as TimAir as far as # of passengers)

The latter 2, Burl Air and Tim Air if you had less than 4 passengers in the plane...the prices I've seen quoted are getting out of sight.

You need to call AirJamaica Express and get a quote and also check TimAir's website at:

www.timair.com (I hope that is correct)

Please come back to the board and tell us what they quote you per person...I've heard that the rates have gone up.

TimAir and Burl Air use teeny tiny planes...FYI.

Comment

Just got quoted $258 for two people round trip from Mo Bay to Negril. Is that an all right price? Thanks.

Comment

A few thoughts on the flight between MobAY and Negril..

Hubby and I took TimAir last November, it was about $65 per person, each way with a round trip booking (so $260 total for the both of us) and worth every penny since we had a short trip in Negril and did not want to lose any time.

TimAir was fantastic and I would highly recommend them. Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions about TimAir and our trip.

That being said, we also had high recommendations for Burl Air. They were about the same price-wise, and once we arrived, appeared to be a very similar operation.

Tim Air and Burl air are "fly on demand" charters - they leave when you are ready. If you give advance reservatuions, they leave after you get to their desk and check in. thats it - no waiting, no schedules. 15 minutes later you are landing at Negril Aerodrome. (Or Negril International - as our charming pilot Curtis called it!! LOL). By the way - the coast road looks fine from the air!!

As far as Air Jamaica Express goes, I have no personal experience with that leg of the trip, but have heard from both travel agents and from travelers that since they fly on a schedule AND they have larger planes, you may wind up waiting for quite a while for your flight. (they tend to cancel flights if there are not enough passengers - so you wait for the next scheduled flight). In other words, you could be more than half-way to Negril (driving) by the time your AJ Express flight departs.

Well, IMHO, if you are paying the extra scratch for the flight - then you better get to NEgril PDQ. So avoid AJ Express, and look in to the charter option. If you have more than two people, the price per person should actually go down.

Good luck and have fun

take care,
            AmyK

Comment

Originally posted by oliver:
              Just got quoted $258 for two people round trip from Mo Bay to Negril. Is that an all right price? Thanks.
              ...Oliver, that's a good price from what I can tell. Where did you get that quote?

I'm wondering if TimAir is hungry and lowered their pricing for 2 people? Or if Burl Air was your quote?

We are accustomed to Burl Air and TimAir being competitive with AirJamaica Express with their pricing and this does not seem to be the case now...at least from what I can glean from TimAir's website.

Many of our visitors spring for a one-way trip to get them to their destination from MoBay to Negril or a one-way back out to the MoBay airport. We are use to prices for the one-way ticket being from $55-65 US dollars per person. (1 way ticket)...

TimAir has current advertised prices on their website as $138.00US for a one-way ticket for 1 or 2 travelors between Negril and MoBay...that is more than double what we are use to seeing.

TimAir's price break comes with 3 or 4 passengers...that's where the old prices we are used to seeing come into play...they are quoting $64.00US one-way with 3 or 4 people in the plane.

TimAir has a disclaimer on their website stating that their price increases are due to the 09/11 tragedy.

I have always used AirJamaica Express and have really been pleased. I feel that the planes are well-maintained and I personally feel better being cared for by an international carrier who is used to FAA regulations.

I think that for solo or couple travelors AirJamaica Express is going to be the only way to go to get the old $55-65US one-way price...that is if Burl Air is competitive with TimAir and AirJamaica Express hasn't increased their prices too much.

Comment

Actually I booked online with Tim Air and they quoted the price via email. So, we're all booked. I think maybe the $258 is because if you book online you get, I think, a five percent discount, not sure. But anyway, the quote was from Tim Air. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by oliver:
                  Actually I booked online with Tim Air and they quoted the price via email. So, we're all booked. I think maybe the $258 is because if you book online you get, I think, a five percent discount, not sure. But anyway, the quote was from Tim Air. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  ..Oliver, make sure you get an email confirmation of this quote for 2 passengers in the plane and print it out and take it with you to Jamaica to show the TimAir representitive when you pay for your flight [or are they requiring you to pay by credit card? ]

...because they only show a price break with 3 or 4 passengers in the plane... they could make you wait on a 3rd or 4th passenger if you don't have the printed confirmation.

I can picture you waiting at the airport for hours for the other passengers without this confirmation...

...It's better to be safe than sorry. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Afterall, it's only a 15 minute flight to Negril...that's why they call them puddle jumpers...they could be back in MoBay in no time flat to get other passengers...

Good Luck! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I looked up TimAir and found that it is $64 p/p for 3-4 people and also there is a special $5 discount for reserving online.
                    I also called Air Jamaica Express and they quoted me $73 p/p.
                    So far, I may be leaning more closely towards TimAir since Iwannago replied that there were no problems and it was a speedy departure without waiting for anyone else.
                    But, where is Burl Air? I cannot seem to find them anywhere online.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X