Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Trip Number 14- The Solo Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Number 14- The Solo Dance

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the cockpit speaking. I'm afraid that we will not be able to take off as we are informed that Atlanta is covered in fog and there is zero visibility over the Atlanta area. We expect to be here on the ground for at least one hour.

My heart sank and I got that queezie feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. Serves me right, I should have flown my steady, reliable, NW non-stop instead of shopping for bargains on the net. Serves me right, I should no have......

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the cockpit speaking. Nix that first announcement we are informed that the visibility in Atlanta is sufficient for us to take off.

See that's what I thought, today is a perfect day for a trip. Screw work, I DESERVE this break. I sure am glad I surfed the net and got this neat fare. How clever of me, off to Atlanta to pick Angie up and off to Jamaica.

I don't know who told this pilot that it was ok to land in Atlanta. We are on the ground and I still can't see a damn thang.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the cockpit speaking. Well we got here a little early and there is another plane at our gate,so we will just have to sit here on the ground for a while.

Damn!!!! If I was on my NW flight, I'd be in Jamaica by now. I'm claustrophobic and it's all I can do to make it to Jamaica. Darn internet bargain flight!!!! Yeah Marilyn, but you are so damn SMART....

About an hour later we are at the terminal and I am freed from the sardine can with Delta on the side.

My connecting flight is in some other concourse, and I decide to bypass the train thingy because I seriously need some exercise. Ok now I know why they have the train thingy because I walk for almost 40 minutes dragging an overstuffed purse and heavy carry on.

I get to the gate expecting to see Angie's face, but no Angie. I find a place called Images and order breakfast. If you ever need breakfast in the ATL airport, I highly recommend this place. I sit at the table on the concourse so I won't miss Angie when she passes by. I see her hair before I see her.

Our Angie is a camellion. Before every trip to Jamaica there is the hair dilemma. Braids, extensions, scarf and glasses, what this time. Angie has opted for a funky Angela Davis style curly fro. No perms, straigthening combs, or curling irons this trip.

She, unlike me, has kept her weight down. She is wearing funky new gap jeans, hip huggers no less. Her grils took her shopping and made her get rid of her mommie jeans. They told her that she is far too young and sexy to dress old.

She's flowing, and why shouldn't she be, she is on her way to Jamaica.
    IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Re: Trip Number 14- The Solo Dance

Oh yeah!!!
    http://dv.daisypath.com/Vm68m5/.png

Comment

ok, lemme see ... cheese puffs (check), Ting (check), tissues just in case (check), other misc items (check) .... OK, I'm ready. Please continue Ms. Marilyn.
      In the best of business you should mind your business and leave other folks business alone.

Comment

Pics! Pics!!

Comment

Right On!! As usual - I am desperate for a good read!

Comment

We leave a little late, but we are off. I sit behind a pregnant woman who has her 3 year old triplets (two boys and a girl) in tow. Didn't she have enough the first time???? Next to me is the Daddy of two adopted Russian children. Of course during the flight the little girl insist on flying the rest of the way to Jamaica on Daddy's lap, which has her kicking me sideways all the way to Jamaica.

Damn bargain flight, can't even sit with Angie. She is never out of my sight however, as I can see her hair over the top of the seat.

When we touch down Angie turns around and mouths to me "We're Home." We sure are!!!!!!!!

Off the customs. No singers, no problem. I know where the break room is. Angie goes on to get us a place in line and I knock on the break room door. When I poke my face in the room erupts in shouts hugs and kisses. I pass out my envelopes and go to join Angie in line. They put their half eaten lunches down and come out and start singing. My heart is singing. I could kiss every surly immigration officer in each booth.

Angie has two huge boxes filled with things for the Windsor girl's home. She has gone through all kinds of pre-trip bureauracy to insure as little hassle as possible, but they still hold her hostage for almost two hours.

I go outside to find the girls and Marshall, but do not see them at first. Finally I decide that if they are waiting on Auntie Marilyn, it is probably at a bar. BINGO!!!!! There they are. And who is that with them???? Fattiboomboom you little liar. You told me you couldn't make it.

One thing I have always wanted to do is hang out at the airport and people watch, but I am forever leaping in a van. Today I get my chance as they keep my Angie forever. I love this new outdoor bar at Sangster, now this is what I call progress, to hell with completing the main road.

Angie opts to wait on Orbra as she should be along any minute, and there just is not enough room in Marshall's little van for luggage and those huge boxes.

We have decided to skip the cheeseburger at Breezes and other planned stops and head straight to Ochii. Along the way we stop at a place called YOWS. I get the second most incredible jerk I have ever had, and Lil Sis likes it too. Nappi gets some veggie stuff. This place has AMBIANCE!!! The owner and his friend are having drinks and I want to stay there sitting between them and feeling the sea breeze caress my skin while I look at this incredible view.

My heart filled with pride as I know many of us wonder if any of the really good businesses are in the hands of Jamaican people, this one is. This is a pretty expansive place on some serious real estate. He tells me about his business with quiet pride just as though it is nothing to own something so wonderful. Reluctantly, we get back in the van and head for Ochii.
            IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Dark finds us reaching Ochii. I seldom arrive at night. The first thing the girls comment on is "THE HILL TO KILL" which leads to Skycastles.

After a little key mishap we are in our place. When you are in A building you are at the highest point at Skycastles. There is only one building behind it that is a little higher.
              Vi, the girls and I stood there with Ochii at our feet and marveled at the view even at night.

Ochii sparkeled below us like a diamond necklace. You would have thought that I had personally designed, built, and own each and every building as my heart swelled with pride, because when I am up that high at Skycastles, I feel like a queen and all of this DOES belong to me while I am there.

We got settled in and I call some friends I know to come get the girls and show them around a little. I had warned VI that one of them was so fine she would have a fit. After being around him for a few minutes she had to take to her bed. I warned you Vi.

After I see the girls of I go to bed content that I have two new Ochii Holics in the making.

Comment

Okay so my day at work may be endurable now. Thanks Marilyn. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Sing in the rain, dance in the sun, dream in the light of the moon. (Unknown)

Comment

Oh, the memories! Okay, I'm really gonna try to get through this w/o crying. Oh, wait - too late!

Remember how sweet and spicey that jerk sauce was? It served as a good dip for my cod patty.
                  PROUD to be Amiri's mama!

Comment

Tuesday morning dawned bright and beautiful. I am the first one up, then Vi. This ritual is to repeat iteslf over the days. The first one up sits in the love seat parked at our windows that were never shut. This was so liberting for me as someone who is afraid and paranoid here in the states. I figure we are too far up for someone to creep in and I experience the joy of opening every window and door in the place and leaving it like that, even when we go out.

The Jamaican sweet air and breeze waft through there everyday, making a convert of me to the "I don't need air conditioning Club."

I am standing on the balcony with Vi when I hear a screeching noise to my right and see a bright green streak zip past me and head to the wooded area on my left. I tell Vi that those were the prettiest little bright green birds I have ever seen. Then, after a frolic in the woods, they are off again in a lime green streak of lightening. Vi says "Marilyn, those were parakeets." I am speechless. I know they have to come from somewhere to spend their little lives in cages, but to see them frolic that morning and play and sing to me, it suddenly made me so sad to know that man would cage them up for his own amusement.
                    This ritual goes on almost every morning, and when it is not the parakeets it is swarms and swarms of varied colored butterflys, and I am sure that I am staying in fairyland.

Comment

This si a wonderful start, I hope you have a few pics of the visit to the Girls home coming up.
                      Love that jerk too...Mmmmm [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      You can make Someones Day in Jamaica...help a kid (pickney)

Comment

The girls FINALLY get up and this is the moment I have been waiting for, for them to see our view in the daylight.

We have 3 balconies, and Lil Sis is to spend many hours on "their" balcony reading and just chilling. Napi is constantly snapping pictures with her wonderful camera.

We four girls settle easily into dormitory life and cooperate with each other in every way. People have their space at times, and then at times we come together in our living room or one of our rooms to talk. I am feeling the vibe and it is good.

This first morning obra and Angie drop by to check on us, and then off to do some errands. Time for Class. I get the crew rounded up and we head to Fisherman's Beach for breakfast. Rohan is not cooking today, so we head to Andrew's.

As we are walking down the hill I explain that it is ok to talk to everyone except Mad Max. What did I call his name for? He is right there at the base of the hill yelling, all set to ruin my morning. We navigate around him and Lester comes to take care of the situation.

As usual the ladies are treated as if they are at a five star restaurant, and I do believe this is their first Jamaican meal in a true Jamaican setting. I show them around some and they see the fish, fighting cocks, huge crabs, ducks, and I see it, they GET it right away.

Comment

Marilyn...is this the view from your room? I know I'm staying at the place on my next trip!

More Pics please
                          Monkey muss kno weh im gwine put im tail before im order trowsiz.

Comment

The A bldg. What memories [img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Puttus:
                              [qb]

Marilyn...is this the view from your room? I know I'm staying at the place on my next trip!

More Pics please [/qb]
                              Yes that is the view, and contact me before you go I have the hook up to this particular room.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X