Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

True Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True Paradise

Dora the Explorah...this is a wonderful report...keep it up! Now that you've mastered that picture posting thing...you should keep doing it.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Comment

Irie! Nice job

You guys sure are having a great summer around here!
      Baby, my one and only desire
      Is to find some way in the doggone world
      To make this feeling last - Prince Rogers Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by loops:
        [qb] Dora the Explorah... [/qb]
        I WAS CALLING HER THE SAME NAME IN MY MIND [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I get called that all the time. I only wish I knew how to speak Spanish, then I could say that they fashioned that cartoon after me. You all are really wonderful and you keep me smiling. Thank you for all the support that you have given me. I told a few friends yesterday that I was writing a trip report and I wanted them to read it. Now they are talking about me writing a book. My girlfriend says it reads like a romance novel. I can't see what you all see when you read it because to me I am just talking and expressing myself. Stay tuned the conclusion soon come.

Comment

Dora, come back and read your story next month, and you'll see the magic in it. It will bring back memories of little details you may have forgotten by then. You look so radiant in the photo. Your smile is beautiful! Your happiness shows on your face.
            PROUD to be Amiri's mama!

Comment

True Paradise ConclusionÖÖ.

I guess I will wrap it up here because everything that happened after Friday is either to mushy to tell or just plain boring. Iím glad you enjoyed reading my very first trip report and hope to have many more to share in the future.

Its Saturday, my birthday and we didnít have anything special planned. The only thing I wanted to do is lay on the beach and get my tan on. So after breakfast thatís just what I did. You know what I discovered? I discovered that tanning is abuse to oneís body. I was cooking in that hot sun. I would lie out for about 20 minutes and run and jump in the ocean to cool off. Puddiní laughed at me and we played around in the water for a while until he told me to turn around and look at the jellyfish that was swimming by me. It was a pretty clear purple color; I recorded it for a while. It was really close to us and I decided that my days of swimming in the ocean were done. Had too many fun stories to tell and didnít want to come home injured and on my birthday at that. We just kinda spent the day lounging around. Coupleís has these hammocks that I had been dying to get into. Puddin and I got into one of those things and rocked and slept for hours with the breeze blowing on us.

When it was time for dinner, we got dressed and walked into the dining area. Puddin said that he forgot something in the room and he would be right back. I went to the bar and ordered my drink of choice, (rum punch). After about 20 minutes I was starting to get concerned when he hadnít returned. I ordered my second drink and decided to get a table for us. When he still hadnít returned after another 20 minutes or so, I started to go back to the room. Just as I was about to get up, he came in. I didnít say anything. I thought maybe he got stuck in the bathroom or something. LOL

While we were having dinner he made a comment about being gone so long and I told him what I thought and he laughed and said, ďNo that is not where I was.Ē So now my curiosity was getting to me. I asked him was something wrong and he said, ďyes.Ē I was beginning to get nervous. Then he started telling me that he loved me very much and how he was having a wonderful time and glad that we were there. By now Iím smiling and thinking to myself, ďI really love this man.Ē He slides this box on the table and Iím asking, ďWhatís this?Ē He says Happy Birthday, I tell him that I thought the trip was a birthday present; I wasnít expecting a gift too. Now, Iím getting all teary eyed and proceed to open the box and itís a beautiful necklace and earrings. Yíall, know I had to kiss that man right there in the dining room and Iím not talking about a peck either.

Mark E Mark was performing and we were minding our own business enjoying the show when he stops and says, ďIs Dora in the house?Ē I look at Puddin and he looks at me and says, ďIt wasnít me.Ē Now, Iím trying to slide down in the chair cause I donít want to be called out. Well, it didnít work for long cause Puddin goes, ďhere she is.Ē He comes over to the table and tells me that he hears today is my birthday and he wants to hear me sing. I could have died right there on the spot. I smiled and told him thank you and no. Then Leethan comes out from the back and hugs me and hands me a big bottle of rum and a polo shirt, with a card that says happy birthday from the staff at Coupleís Swept Away. The tears were flowing then for real. I felt so special and loved at that moment. Mark E Mark continued with the show and we danced and sang along with him. I donít think I will ever have a better birthday than this one.

Sunday flew by in a blur. I donít even remember what we did that day other than pack. I think itís because we knew we were leaving on Monday and the sadness was trying to take over. We got up Monday morning whining because we just werenít ready to leave. We knew the reality of the situation and that we had to return to the real world, where we have all of our responsibilities and pressures.

I was sad because I had to leave what I thought was True Paradise. I didnít want that feeling to end. The memories that Will and I shared and the bond that was strengthened between us was coming home with us and that made it a little easier for us to leave.

We held each other before we left the room with a knowing that what we discovered in each other was much deeper and stronger than it was before we left Memphis.

Puddin whined all the way to the airport and I slept. He whined when we got home and I slept. He whined the next morning when he wanted an omelet for breakfast. I laughed. I told him he got spoiled in Jamaica and he was back in the real world now. Get in that kitchen and make your own eggs. LOL
              [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here are a few more pictures of us.

Me standing in front of bar.

Puddin on boat

Comment

Originally posted by Dora:
                  [qb] No one ever told me that they were proud of me until I divorced my ex-husband. [/qb]
                  I love this line,I completely agree.

I so happy the both of you had such a wonderful time...thanks for sharing!
                  Monkey muss kno weh im gwine put im tail before im order trowsiz.

Comment

Dora, You tell a great story. Your friends are right - you should write a book. It's always nice to hear happy stories, cause these days there is always enough bad news to go around! Hope you and Puddin' live happily ever after!!!

Comment

You did a fabulous job. Thanks for writing. What a lovely love story too. Love your last line.

Comment

OHHH DORA!!

well done just loved reading your report...so glad you and your puddin enjoyed negril!

let us know if you get a record deal [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

I enjoyed this

Comment

Packer and Lady, thank you guys so much for your comments. I don't know how my trip report turned into a love story. I really don't. I knew I was already in love with Will and didn't think it could get any better or deeper than it already was but it did. I'm scared now because everything that goes up has to come down, right? For today though we are all good and that is how we will live it one day at a time. Who knows maybe I will be back doing another trip report on the wedding we had at Couples Swept Away. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]ray:

Comment

Sammy and Laurel, didn't mean to leave you out, as I was responding to Packer and Lady, you guys came in. I'm glad you all enjoyed my very FIRST trip report. I hope to have more to tell and soon. I'm really thinking about the GFT in 2005.

Comment

My Dear Dear Dora,

I am misty eyed from reading your report. I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday with your Puddin. U GO GURLLLLL [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X