Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

True Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True Paradise

Dora, Dora, Dora, another star is born. You should have titled this True Love in Paradise. Happy belated Birthday and hope to meet you at Marilyn's in 2 weeks.

And you know we are going to beg you to honor us with a song or 2 or 3. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dr. O
    Life is an Adventure, so you might as well ride it till the wheels fall off.

BARRELING DOWN THE ROAD CALLED LIFE.

Soon come Chapter 2.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/yahoo.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70371-jump.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dance01.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/proud_jamaica.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bannana_purple.gif

Comment

Dora...that was a great report!!I really enjoyed reading it. You and your Puddin are both very lucky to have found each other and I wish you all the happiness in the world!

I wish I could hold out going back to Jamaica until GFT 2005 but there's no way. I would love to form those special friendships that all those beautiful women made.
      We(friends and I) are going in March and that puts us just under a year from this years trip.

Maybe in 2006 I'll go with hubby first then back again with friends for the GFT!!! Can't afford 2 trips next year with my oldest graduating High School.
      Jamaica---Soul Satisfying

Comment

Ok Orbra,

Just tell me you don't want me to come to Marilyn's cause you got me shakin' in my boots over here. I would love to meet you guys and hang out for a while but please, please, please don't make me sing. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]ray: If it happens let it happen naturally. Act like you aren't even paying attention to me cause I will sing as long as music is playing and I think no one is watching. I am just that scared. I haven't even sang since I came back from Jamaica. Puddin' keeps asking me to sing to him. I think I'm traumatized from that experience. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dora:
          [qb] Ok Orbra,

Just tell me you don't want me to come to Marilyn's cause you got me shakin' in my boots over here. I would love to meet you guys and hang out for a while but please, please, please don't make me sing. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]ray: If it happens let it happen naturally. Act like you aren't even paying attention to me cause I will sing as long as music is playing and I think no one is watching. I am just that scared. I haven't even sang since I came back from Jamaica. Puddin' keeps asking me to sing to him. I think I'm traumatized from that experience. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [/qb]
          Girl it's gonna be impossible to sing with barbecued ribs in your mouth.
          IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Alright Marilyn, then it's on. I will just keep my mouth full at all times.

Comment

Just a quick update. After all of the positive feedback and encouragment I got from everyone here, I decided to do some research online for schools that offer writing programs. I found a few but one stood out. It said that they only accept a third of the people that apply and you have to pass a writing aptitude test first before being accepted. I decided to try it to see if I really did have something to work with. Then I had to wait for the results by mail. I have been waiting for weeks and today I got the letter. It said:

Our review of your Writing Aptitude Test shows that you have the aptitude to write for publication, and I'm pleased to offer you the opportunity to enroll in our program.

I was speechless at first, then the biggest grin came across my face. The people in the post office thought I was crazy. One lady even commented, saying: "That must be some good news, cause you shining like new money!"

I want to thank you all again because without your support and encouragement, I may never have even tried to persue a future in writing (other than in my journal). You are a wonderful group of people and even though I haven't met any of you in person, I feel a kinship with each and every one of you. Who would have thought that me searching for some information about my first trip to Jamaica would turn into this?

Napi you started all of this when you told me one simple thing, "just write from my heart" and that is just what I did. Thank you so much for encouraging me to do me. I may not do a video but maybe I can do a book and make you a character. You wanna be a sexy ninja diva with locks? Let me know. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

I'm getting emotional now so I will end here. I am sending out much love and hugs to each and every one of you. Thank you again. :love:

Comment

Dora,

This is wonderful news and even though we have not met yet I am still Proud to call you my Sista.

Can't wait to meet you next weekend.

Dr. O
                Life is an Adventure, so you might as well ride it till the wheels fall off.

BARRELING DOWN THE ROAD CALLED LIFE.

Soon come Chapter 2.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/yahoo.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70371-jump.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dance01.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/proud_jamaica.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bannana_purple.gif

Comment

Congratulations, Dora. You will go far with your writing.

Comment

Well, we all knew you had it in you and never doubted you for one moment. It will be a pleasure to meet you next weekend as well.
                    Remember that the best relationships is the one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Comment

Congrats Dora! What an accomplishment being chosen.
                      `If your dream doesn't include the &quot;impossible&quot; it's too small - Joel Osteen

Comment

DOra
                        I just read this and realized that you had been accepted for a program. I am very proud. We can celebrate Saturday.
                        Marilyn
                        IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

OH my goodness Dora, I just read your report and all of the blessings that came from it. I am almost in tears here at work. God bless you gurl, and let this be a lesson to all of us -- never give up on your dreams. I keep a candle lit for "love and happiness" at all times .... I swear the wick gets low and flickers sometimes, but stories like this add some fuel to the flame. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]ray:

Here's to keeping hope alive, and I am glad you will grace us with your presence this weekend.

Kat
                          In the best of business you should mind your business and leave other folks business alone.

Comment

Gosh,

You guys are good for me. You keep me inspired and just make me want to do well. I can't wait to meet you all tomorrow.

Comment

Dora, you are a wonderful writer, as everyone has already mentioned. This is a greattrip report, it is so nice to see the love you have for each other.
                              Good luck witht e classes and i guess we will look our for your work in the future!
                              Great job and congrats on finding such a wonderful guy!
                              ~~ Having children makes you a father, taking care of them makes you a man!! ~~

Comment

I met Dora and Puddin
                                I met Dora and Puddin

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X