Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Ocho Rios - Windsor Girls Home/Loose Ends Villa Trip Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocho Rios - Windsor Girls Home/Loose Ends Villa Trip Report

It’s about time to turn in and I called Marilyn to tell her not to call me before the designated hour. This girl raises with the sun and I sleep until noon. She agrees and calls 2 minutes before the assigned hour.

Arrived at the airport and found a porter that appeared strong enough to handle my 2 large suitcases and 2 large boxes. I felt sorry for the dear soul but he pushed on through until I was placed in line to wait. Pushing two carts was difficult but a delight because I was doing something good for the country I loved. My turn at the desk came quickly and I presented my papers. After lifting two suitcases and asking for someone to lift the boxes (each weighed 70lbs), I was told that there was an embargo restriction during the holidays. That means, nothing besides your luggage can be carried. With a flash, the lady like look and manners flew out the revolving doors of Hartsfield Atlanta Airport and out of my mouth flew, “Ah, hell no” with one hand in the air and the other on my hip.

After asking for the baggage manager and arguing why I was not told this after at least 10 calls to the airport to include the baggage department, he informed me that this information is on Delta’s website. Pulling myself together and returning to the dignified lady that I am, I replied “Sir, you assume I have access to a computer and in this case, you assume too much”. There was not a break in his armor and I resorted to pulling out the girls. Tossing my very large hair back from my face, tilting my head ever so slightly to one side, putting one hand behind my back and breathing in deeply (sticking the girls forward), then ever so slowly breath out, biting my lower lip and allowing my eyes to water (which is honestly how I felt), I told him of the long journey in getting the Jamaican Ministry of Finance to approve these donations and how the girls are expecting these gifts. He left me for a moment to check the space on the plane. He returned to announce that he would allow my boxes for the usual $50 a piece. I jumped up and down, clapped my hands and hugged this man until he hugged me back. I realize now that all that flexing for effect caused fewer stirs in this man than the honest hug that I gave him and the kiss on his cheek, and the pray that I sent up. My apologies to God for thinking I could do anything without him made, my boxes and I were off to Jamaica and I felt proud and blessed.

I wont go over the same ground that Nappi and Marilyn covered, but I wanted to post two sets of pictures. The Windsor Girls Home and the Villa are the only pictures that I took.
    Remember that the best relationships is the one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Re: Ocho Rios - Windsor Girls Home/Loose Ends Villa Trip Report

The Villa

Loose Ends is located in Boscobel about 2 minutes from the quaint fishing village called Oracabessa. We found out about this beautiful villa from Shasha Davidson of Tiverton House Cottages. You can access his website at www. Jamaicaescapes.com. Sasha was unbelievable to Dr. O and myself. He answered endless questions, and let me tell you, we had many. He also sent us a welcome package that we have still yet to finish reading and called us often to make sure we did not need anything. We had to call him once because we needed his assistance and the situation was resolved within the hour. He manages villas and cottages across Jamaica and if you are interested in renting a villa, he would be a wonderful choice.

The villa had two bedrooms overlooking the ocean. The grounds were magnificent and tended to all day by a charming gardener that I came to enjoy seeing his quiet smile. The villa and its sister villa (identical) are owned by an Jamaican artist name Patrick. I forget his last name, but he resides in Kingston where he owns an advertising agency with his brother. I would have loved to meet Patrick but the agency was quite busty this time of year. We did meet his beautiful mother (Monica) who stays in the sister villa.
    The villa is beautiful and Monica made some of the furniture herself. Patrick told Dr. O that at Christmas every year, he and his brothers would ask Monica what she wanted. Each year she would only request a truck load of dirt. Am I glad she has obedient children even though they could not have understood her request at that time. Monica planted every tree, every flower, and every blade of grass on this property. She takes pride in this place and has every reason to because it is breathtaking. From the moment I stepped into the villa, II felt like a Queen visiting her country retreat. There are bird houses placed perfectly throughout the trees, chimes placed discreetly so that you have no idea where the music is coming from, and 3 ponds of gold fish in varying size with cascading waterfalls that sounds so sweet in the early mornings and late evenings. There is a double hammock perfect for lovers or friends under a huge tree and right next to her prize rose garden. I cannot wait to return when they are in bloom.

Marilyn also told you of the two dogs that trotted gently across the lawn only to nudge you here and there for their daily rub. They were so well behaved and groomed that I felt comfortable in letting them roam freely in and out the house. They never entered an opened door though because Monica had trained them not to. This surprised me because Dr. O and I never closed any doors or windows until we went to bed. This is how safe you feel at Loose Ends.

I want to return to Loose Ends one day soon because this place brought me so much joy and peace. I was happy there….I was home..
    Remember that the best relationships is the one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Comment

The View From My Bed

Comment

Both Side of The Door Had These Windows In Each BedRoom

Comment

Loose Ends

A Pond

Living Room

Comment

Angie!! I have been waiting for a report from you! Great photos -

Comment

OMG!! This place looks FABULOUS!!

Comment

Swimming Pool

Private Sitting Area On Grouds

Comment

Master Bedroom

Second Bedroom

Dinning Room

Comment

Dr.O on the Veranda

Comment

Living Room

Comment

Laurel, the place was great. I don't plan to do much of a report because most of the days were spent relaxing and reasoning into the evening. A lot of personal business was taking care of, but other than that...not much of anything. Glad you like the pictures though. It was so nice meeting you lady. You are cute as a button, for real! Tell your son thanks for teaching me the game

Comment

The Sister Villa From My Balcony

Another Sitting Area On Grounds

Comment

The Kitchen

This is the child of our house keeper and cook. I called her "Sweetie Pie". She sat with me while I dressed and wanted to put on my lotion, foot cream, perfume,and powder. She loved being a lady and we talked about how we must take care of ourselves. She also put on just about every bracelet that I had and my shoes. It was a pleasure seeing her be a little girl. Made me miss my girls at home..

Comment

Originally posted by AngieB:
                              [qb]
                              The View From My Bed [/qb]
                              simply bootiful and so calming Angie [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Energy

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X