Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Jah Mek Yah..a journey of discovery and destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jah Mek Yah..a journey of discovery and destiny

This trip to Jamaica was supposed to be a solo trip with the old man to visit and catch up with my 90 year old grand pops, learn some final details of our family history and also acquire some real estate, what it turned into was so much more with unexpected twists and turns that I will not go into, and a re-ignition of my spiritual side.

Jah mek yah is a blessed country and I came to realize quite painfully that one’s life cannot be planned, scheduled and dictated to regardless of how we are tricked in America and elsewhere to believe we can control destiny. I lost sight of that and was reminded of this basic fact of life on this trip.

The picture quality will not be the best I purposely used a camera that was smaller than normal so the scenes are gritty and realistic like how they were initially at the moment, no posing for the camera here, the trade off in mega pixels is more than made up for the sheer rawness of the pics as I take you on my journey through Kingston and elsewhere enjoy.

Re: Jah Mek Yah..a journey of discovery and destiny

K20 [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]

Edited to add: [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_hug.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Comment

Looking forward to your report Kingston 20 !!!!!!

Standing by!!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]
      Sing in the rain, dance in the sun, dream in the light of the moon. (Unknown)

Comment

come come come now Kingston, hurry up man cho [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]
        <span style="font-weight: bold">Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.</span>

Comment

“I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

Comment

(((King20))))

Welcome back. Would love to hear about this journey..please. I will have to make a similar trip home soon. Take care of family business and my grandmother who is 97.

Post some more soon. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]
            One of these days, I'm going to fly away to Zion. Fly away home. - RNM

Comment

Prelude -

The weekend before my trip I decide at the last minute to take a quick trip down to Pebble beach, eat at Roys and just relax after a long east coast assignment, also in the procees of moving so I am living out of a hotel. These pics are the calm before the storm that awaited me in Jamaica. It was a beautiful day

Comment

First challenge moving company calls and state they are running two days late, I am leaving that day cant leave family unsettled like this but I am assured by the moving company they will take care of everything, wife also is comfortable with doing this alone, last client call... have to put out fire, client wants sign off today, memo still filled with minor nits, I deemed it unacceptable cc partner on email tell him I am off to Jamaica sorry to upward delegate but I gots to go...last view I see running out of hotel.

Family went to new house to await deivery of stuff we ordered for the house plus only clothes I have is the shirt on my back and what I did not pack in the moving truck....ah well the Jamaican in me overides the stress, and chalk it up to "so the ting set" and accept it.

Comment

The ride to Jamaica is uneventful until I switch airlines in Fort Lauderdale to Spirit, pure madness if not for the grace of a Miss Joyce a Jamaican and Spirit customer rep with a heart of gold all now I would still be stuck down there, serves me right for planning the trip using two seperate airlines, outfoxed myself.

Norman Manley looks great, work has progressed nicely within 15 minutes I am standing outside my Dad plane arrived earlier so he is waiting for me. Our ride comes and gets us off to town.

Day 1 - Pay respects to the ancestors

We visit Dovecot to look for family members no longer with us

It has been two years but my Grandfather is still shaken up by grannys death, my pops and I give him his space and talk about the dismal appearance of her grave.. the grass is yellow, we know its hot but come on now.

Comment

A caretaker by the name of Uncle approaches us, we greet him and ask him why the grave site looks like this ..
                    Uncle - Yu want see is 1 dollar (100 ja dollar) or two dollas yu fada (my grand) give me when him a the odda bwoy visit yu noh, mi is big man whe mi can do wid dat, out of the kindness a mi heart mi water it and tings fi one year but mi done wid dem..

We assess the situation and realize the sheer size of Dovecot and how hard it must be to keep the graves looking good, Uncle walks us to a well kept grave with grass as green as emerald in contrast to the straw color grass on the graves around him

Uncle- see my work here boss ..he proclaims, we hang our head in collective shame slips uncle a couple manleys and let him know what Granny means to us and this should cover the year. Uncle smiles and give us his word and two cell phone numbers and leaves vowing that when we visit next time it will be a different story.

We walk back to look for other relatives, Gramps still in his own world with grandma oblivious to the situation that occurred, we let it be and enjoy the quiet majesty that is the resting place of some many relatives.

Comment

yes K20 bredrin [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] mi hope a nuh nothing too serious did guh dung when yuh reach dung still. Looking forward to the rest [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img]
                      “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Nice going K20....hurry up and come wid di rest
                        <span style="font-weight: bold">Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.</span>

Comment

Kingston, I am loving your report thus far. I have a friend who visits the sites of resting relatives when she returns home also. Your Grandfather’s visit to your Granny’s resting place touched my heart. Thank you so much for sharing and taking the time to write your journey... looking forward to going wherever you take us.
                          maxi priest...mellifluous!

Comment

What a wonderful start of your trip report. I find your pics very acceptable.
                            `If your dream doesn't include the &quot;impossible&quot; it's too small - Joel Osteen

Comment

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

looking forward to tagging along on this journey ~

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X