Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Driving from Negril to Ocho Rios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving from Negril to Ocho Rios

Good Day all!!!

Just need a little help with driving. We are thinking of renting a car and heading up to Ocho Rios from Negril. Is the drive ok with the new roads or are there major bumps and potholes in the road.

This would be the first time driving a long distance in Negril.

It says it's about 3 hours to get to Ochi, Is that accurate?

Any advice would be great. I actually want to know the route as well, Do we stay on one main road or are we going to need to get on other roads along the drive.

Thanks again for any anwers. It will be on a Saturday morning by the way, just to get traffic issues out of the way.
    Live life to its fullest, Stride the earth,Follow your passion and Do nothing halfway.

Re: Driving from Negril to Ocho Rios

no info for you Paradiseplease but a nice pic of the road
    between Mobay and Ocho
    Keep the faith . .

Comment

I am sure someone will come soon with the details ... it has been nearly 15 years since I have been to Ochi ... and back then we took the main coast road there ... that main road has VASTLY improved since then. It was a pretty simple path ...

We did cross country interior path on the return ... that was spectacular!! I have no clue what that route was ...

Comment

Negril to Ochi is a nice smooth drive all the way. No bumps, no rough road, no fear of dropping down in the gully, just smooth. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

You don't need to get off at all, just hug the coast and enjoy the view. You pass through a couple of small towns, but you bypass the traffic in Mobay and you don't even see Falmouth. Of course you can stop for food and drink (isn't that half the fun of traveling in JA?). The only time you have to slow down is when you pass through the small towns, and on the Mobay bypass road.
        7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

There's a Mobay bypass road now???? When did that happen??? Its only been 2 years since I did the drive and I dont even remember any construction in that area.

Comment

Cooke blvd, (I think that's the name) its been there for a while now. Before you had to go through downtown traffic to get pass Mobay. Now you can circle around the perimiter of Mobay without having to deal with bumper to bumper traffic.

Comment

really?? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img] last time mi go negril from ochi mi neva know bout nuh bypass..an dat was last year september
              http://dv.daisypath.com/Vm68m5/.png

Comment

Is not a bypass like odda bypass where yuh don't see di town at all. Is di road dat run along di ocean. It was there last year September. Dem build it up to go around di permiter. Now if me a go country, I can bypass all di downtown traffic.

Comment

Ohhh...dat bypass. Yeah...thats been there long time. Gotcha Pep!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsOchigal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhh...dat bypass. Yeah...thats been there long time. Gotcha Pep! </div></div>

Say when we were there in July there was about maybe 20 miles of gravel still...did that fix all of that????
                    IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Is there a clear sign that says bypass Or do I have to look for Cook Blvd? So basically I would be traveling the road that gets me into Negril and then going on further to Ochi?
                      Live life to its fullest, Stride the earth,Follow your passion and Do nothing halfway.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R00TS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no info for you Paradiseplease but a nice pic of the road
                        between Mobay and Ocho
                        </div></div>

Thanks for the pic! A little less scary, I think I'm gonna try to bring an English girl with me that is currently residing in Negril. I know she travels all over the Island.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paradiseplease88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a clear sign that says bypass Or do I have to look for Cook Blvd? So basically I would be traveling the road that gets me into Negril and then going on further to Ochi? </div></div>

The road splits. I don't know if there is a sign, but you can see one section going right into Mobay town, and the other runs along the coastline. The bypass is to the left, but even if you miss it, you will just go through traffic. The roads merge back together once you pass downtown.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsOchigal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhh...dat bypass. Yeah...thats been there long time. Gotcha Pep! </div></div>

Yuh know what, me tink that part of highway 2000 was actually built in 2000. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsOchigal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhh...dat bypass. Yeah...thats been there long time. Gotcha Pep! </div></div>

Say when we were there in July there was about maybe 20 miles of gravel still...did that fix all of that???? </div></div>

In the town part of Mobay? or on the road heading to Falmouth? I know when I was there, the portion of highway near Flankers was being worked on.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X