Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

inexpensive places to stay in negril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: inexpensive places to stay in negril

hey tom
    have you checked out westport cottages? . . . the road noise is a killer [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img]
    better to want than to have . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
    april 04, 2012

Comment

Two weeks ago I met two american girls in Fatties' hut who stayed @ Westport Cottages and told me about it. Did check out the cottages the day after but didn't notice the noise. It's not exactly what I'd call a nice looking place, but if your budget is tight, you probably deal with it. For me it's not an option at the moment as a private bathroom is a must. It's close to town though, but I'd recommend staying somewhere else *if* the budget allows it. If not, it's an affordable alternative.

On my trip this month I've learned that there seems to be some sort of gap when it comes to accomcodation in Negril... there are places from US 80 upwards that have everything and there are the places like Westport Cottages... inbetween there's not much choice really for the single traveller that wants a private bathroom.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my trip this month I've learned that there seems to be some sort of gap when it comes to accomcodation in Negril... there are places from US 80 upwards that have everything and there are the places like Westport Cottages... inbetween there's not much choice really for the single traveller that wants a private bathroom. </div></div>

hey tom, i totally disagree with your statement , , , there are a ton of options in negril in the price range of westport cottages that are way better, you just have to look and negotiate . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
        april 04, 2012

Comment

Please share, JitterBug. I plan to stay @ Jah B's again in January, but am always open to other suggestions from seasoned travelers for future trips... thank you.

My posting above reflects quite some places I visited along Manley Blvd this month... haven't been to all of them of course [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

check your pm . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
            april 04, 2012

Comment

Westport Cottages - we stayed there during the low season. Was very quiet and cheappppp!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                Westport Cottages - we stayed there during the low season. Was very quiet and cheappppp! </div></div>

the cottages themselves were ok, the road noise was like living directly under a busy airport . . . the urine semlls around the shower and bahtroom area were a lot to handle . . . the kitchen area was very clean.

for me, there are a lot better options out there.

next reach dec. 28, 2011
                april 04, 2012

Comment

besides Halliluya screams from one of the churches didn't hear anything

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X