Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

inexpensive places to stay in negril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terra76
    replied
    Re: inexpensive places to stay in negril

besides Halliluya screams from one of the churches didn't hear anything

Leave a comment:

• Sophie Magoo
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Westport Cottages - we stayed there during the low season. Was very quiet and cheappppp! </div></div>

the cottages themselves were ok, the road noise was like living directly under a busy airport . . . the urine semlls around the shower and bahtroom area were a lot to handle . . . the kitchen area was very clean.

for me, there are a lot better options out there.

Leave a comment:

• terra76
    replied

Westport Cottages - we stayed there during the low season. Was very quiet and cheappppp!

Leave a comment:

• Sophie Magoo
    replied

check your pm . . .

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Vienna_AT
    replied

Please share, JitterBug. I plan to stay @ Jah B's again in January, but am always open to other suggestions from seasoned travelers for future trips... thank you.

My posting above reflects quite some places I visited along Manley Blvd this month... haven't been to all of them of course [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Sophie Magoo
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my trip this month I've learned that there seems to be some sort of gap when it comes to accomcodation in Negril... there are places from US 80 upwards that have everything and there are the places like Westport Cottages... inbetween there's not much choice really for the single traveller that wants a private bathroom. </div></div>

hey tom, i totally disagree with your statement , , , there are a ton of options in negril in the price range of westport cottages that are way better, you just have to look and negotiate . . .

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Vienna_AT
    replied

Two weeks ago I met two american girls in Fatties' hut who stayed @ Westport Cottages and told me about it. Did check out the cottages the day after but didn't notice the noise. It's not exactly what I'd call a nice looking place, but if your budget is tight, you probably deal with it. For me it's not an option at the moment as a private bathroom is a must. It's close to town though, but I'd recommend staying somewhere else *if* the budget allows it. If not, it's an affordable alternative.

On my trip this month I've learned that there seems to be some sort of gap when it comes to accomcodation in Negril... there are places from US 80 upwards that have everything and there are the places like Westport Cottages... inbetween there's not much choice really for the single traveller that wants a private bathroom.

Leave a comment:

• Sophie Magoo
    replied

hey tom
    have you checked out westport cottages? . . . the road noise is a killer [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Vienna_AT
    replied

Westport Cottages next to Negril Yoga Centre... 10 US per person/night (20 US if you're single). I've seen it - definetly an option if your budget is very tight and you don't care about private bathrooms... can't ask for much for that little money.

Leave a comment:

• jamaica_dreamin
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamaicalover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes indeed a good deal for sure
    I do a lot of searching when I need to

right now I may have a deal working with someone on the west end
    not an apt but the price is what I am looking to spend
    don't want to reveal the name as I haven't made the deal yet
    and not sure the owner wants me to let all know that he will
    do rooms for this price
    a room with a fridge
    and rooms downstairs which have kitchens that I may be able to use

seek and ye shall find
    [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img] </div></div>

Good for!
    I look for bargains too.

Leave a comment:

• newcomer
    replied

yes indeed a good deal for sure
    I do a lot of searching when I need to

right now I may have a deal working with someone on the west end
    not an apt but the price is what I am looking to spend
    don't want to reveal the name as I haven't made the deal yet
    and not sure the owner wants me to let all know that he will
    do rooms for this price
    a room with a fridge
    and rooms downstairs which have kitchens that I may be able to use

seek and ye shall find
    [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• ohliz
    replied

I've seen a couple of long term rentals in that range, on negril.com, someone asked recently (maybe you?) and got more than one or two leads.

A room in a house type stuff.

Leave a comment:

• winni
    replied

JL

I pm'd you.

W

Leave a comment:

• Q3210
    replied

Reminds me of when I was charged J$6 for a room with 2 beds for two of us friends.....but that was way back in `78.

You really got a good deal Jam Lover, better than most here and their US$30 and up quotes.

Leave a comment:

• newcomer
    replied

I don't have any pictures from that stay but it was the second floor in a two family house,big veranda, nice view of the sea
    one big room with a bathroom and a shared kitchen

hoping I can find something that good for that price again

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X