Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

Anybody know of a good place to rent a cell phone for the week in Negril?

I used rentacellnegril before, but I don't have their contact info anymore.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Re: Cell Phone

I expect they will come along with it soon enuff.

I have never rented one ... do they change the phone numbers with each rental???

If you get one that was used for all sorts of "link ups and connecting" ... does the next user ever get fed up with all sorts of "WRONG USER" calls??? Calls in the middle of the night - yada yada???

Comment

Bandanna, have you tried asking your cell phone carrier to unlock your phone for you so you can just buy a SIM card down there and your phone would be good to go!

Comment

i didn't have one last time

and i saw everyone i was supposed to see

i would just mention i needed to see - so and so

and lo and behold - so and so - would be there in front of me

and if someone was looking for me - i would get the message - quick time [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

believe me - it's better than GPS

and oh my moniker is "the tall headed woman with the boy" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Comment

you can buy a new one at the Digicel store near the roundabout for about $30US...also, some of the hotels will rent them to their guests....
          Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Comment

Thanks for the responses peeps...

Yes Laurel I was using it to meet up with people, when I had one the last time it proved to be useful, and I did not get any calls for anyone but me...

I asked my hotel, but the price I got was [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img] way more than what I paid for rentacell...

Swedish told me I can get one from the "other board" but I wanted to try my luck here first... I don't really know the "other board" peeps.

I am not interested in using my home cell phone, I would rather rent a cheapy and done...

I will find something....

Yes Seveen I am sure I can find, and be found, but I think the phone will come in handy either way...

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]
            <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.

Comment

here are the rates from "the other board"

he price for cell phone rental is as follows:

* J$150 per day for use of phone
              * J$1,000 deposit that is returned when phone is returned.
              * J$130 - 1,300 for talk time. Talk time rate is J7 per minute for local
              calls and J17 per minute for international calls.
              * FREE incoming local/international calls
              * FREE incoming local/international text message
              * FREE voice mail

We don't sell phones but you can probably buy one for J3,000.

Comment

Yes Bandie - I know people use them for linkin up and they are useful ... but - my question was - does anyone ever get calls from the last person's linking up list???

which you answered ... you have rented before and did not get the last persons calls ...

I think I will buy one for myself this time ... I tried to use his last reach ... & he told me I did not really need to make the call I wanted to me ... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nahtalktoyuh.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here are the rates from "the other board"

* FREE voice mail

We don't sell phones but you can probably buy one for J3,000. </div></div>

for my stay that adds up to $54 dollars or so

J3000 is about $42

still too much for a couple of calls

i usually "borrow" a phone - buy the BIG [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] phone card J500 about $7 - call my mom and that's that

for shorter calls i load up a J100 card and borrow the phone again [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here are the rates from "the other board"

* FREE voice mail

We don't sell phones but you can probably buy one for J3,000. </div></div>

for my stay that adds up to $54 dollars or so

J3000 is about $42

still too much for a couple of calls

i usually "borrow" a phone - buy the BIG [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] phone card J500 about $7 - call my mom and that's that

for shorter calls i load up a J100 card and borrow the phone again [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img]

I think the rentacellnegril phone was $25 bucks, and I just bought the cards....

Comment

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img] has a phone just buy cards

Comment

Try this Bandanna

Rentacell-negril (NYCnegril) ([email protected])

i have a telephone number here in the states and one in jamaica let me know and i can pm it to you
                        Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img] has a phone just buy cards </div></div>

BOAL! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try this Bandanna

Rentacell-negril (NYCnegril) ([email protected])

i have a telephone number here in the states and one in jamaica let me know and i can pm it to you </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

Sammy My Sammy [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

I can't say your name now with out the end part [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

THANK YOU [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

mek mi go e-mail them now... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Comment

[email protected] yahoo.com

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
                              I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
                              addresses.
                              This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

I re-sent with out the hyphin (sp?) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] it has not bounced yet....

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X