Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

As Deep as the Ocean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: As Deep as the Ocean...

An excerpt from my journal:

It is hard to put all these images into sentences and form a paragraph.

The lush green countryside, the pot holes as big as my bum [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] Goats, horses, dogs, cats. There are people everywhere some dressed all in their splendor, some bare threaded with holes in their shoes. Everything is so vivid, so all encompassing. Jamaica is everywhere. I feel her in my core as we speed through the countryside. Her feeling is deep, same as the pot holes we dodge. Never have I felt such deep joy, such deep sorrow, such deep faith or shared such deep laughter. Yes Jamaica is deep, and so is my love of her.

I take a breath and close my eyes. My spirit feels at home here. The cool breeze touches my face, and sweet reggae fills my ears...

I take a few pictures, but I hate to waste precious seconds on the focus of the frame...

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Comment

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.

Comment

Comment

Ras drives flawlessly, and I am not afraid. Imanni loves the fast cars, and he says "weeee" as we dodge the pot holes. "We better hold on Momma" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Every so often I hear a "cough cough" from the back, and I cringe.

Very few words are said, and I cherish the silence laced with music. All too soon it seems we are there, and I already miss the cool breeze and peaceful rocking of the car.

It is hot, and we make our way to the counter. Imanni gets in free, and Ras gets a driver card. I pay my fee, and we go inside. He keeps his distance from me, and I think he is upset about the night before [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I try to forget it, and lead Imanni to the wading pool area... He does not want to go in and neither do I. He tries to run away from me, and I have to sit him down and have a talk. We go to the restroom, and then up to the falls...

This is my kind of thing, and the water is calling my name LOUDLY! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

I try to get Imanni to go in, and he is having no part of it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] He stands on the shore in a life vest throwing rocks [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

I get Ras to walk beside him for 2 minutes while I swim...

God, this is HEAVEN, and I could stay here all day...

Comment

Imanni's cough is getting worse, and he comes and tells me he's cold. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] We better go I say to Ras, and he is fine with that, I am sure he has seen this place nuff times before...

I try to go to the gift shop, but we are wet, and it is hot, and Imanni is not feeling good, I can tell.
            We put the life-vest back where we got it, put on some dry clothes, and get it the thing that takes us back to the parking area.

Once we get in the car I can see Imanni is having trouble breathing. I strap him in, and hope the car ride, and cool breeze will help. We take off, and head for Bamboo Alley. Ras had told me it was close, and we would drive through today.

All I can think about is my baby in the back seat, and if he is ok. I ask Ras to pull over so I can give him some of his inhaler. He is sleepy, and that is good, he needs to sit back and relax. I get back in the front seat, and we take off again. The inhaler will not do much good in a full blown asthma attack... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] I tell myself not to worry, it is in God's hands. I try to focus on the view, but every so often I turn around and look at his belly moving up and down trying to breathe.

We get to Bamboo Alley rather quick and I snap a couple pictures.

All I want to do now is get Imanni back to the Condo where I can get help if I need it.

The drive back seems to take longer, but it's probably my nerves. I tell myself to relax for the 10th time in 20 minutes...

I take more pictures and try to keep my mind off of it.

Imanni is in and out of sleep in the back...

Comment

Poor Imanni [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]
              <span style="font-weight: bold">What goes on in <span style="color: green">Jamaica,</span> stays in <span style="color: green">Jamaica</span></span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HemGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">enjoying your report, Bandanna. almost not missing pictures sakea all the smilie dem. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

glad to know you found peace in JA - well, aside from running after your kid. Actually I think any mother who goes on vacation solo with a young child deserves a medal. </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] Thanks MG

I read this post earlier, and when I just went back to quote, I was confused and thought you deleted your post [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                But then mi see di name change to HemGee [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
                Glad to know you're reading along [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                  </div></div>

Poor baby.......you can see he is not feeling well

BTW love your report! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
                  http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oosterltor.gif~R.I.P my beloved friend &quot;Ricky B&quot;.12/29/09.~

Comment

Poor baby. I can imagine that it was very stressful for you worrying about him, I am on the edge of my seat now waiting to hear how he is feeling.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juss_ILP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um Compry...mi nuh too like di looks ah daht ting deh [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img]
                      mi naw gwine seh wah it fava, neidah.
                      mi had was fi scroll dung fi look at it completely.
                      maybe is di wine.... </div></div>

Mi a try si wah unno a si and fi di life a mi, mi juss can't. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] Di sinting is blue fi heaven sake.
                      I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

what colour dem normally come in ? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]
                        ďBe kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.Ē

Comment

Bandanna your trip report is just awesome. Am enjoying it so and love the pictures. Your little boy is adorable...

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imanni is in and out of sleep in the back...
                            </div></div>

Imanni [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]
                            Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolbeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what colour dem normally come in ? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img] </div></div>

yes compry tell wi nuh [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]
                              Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juss_ILP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolbeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what colour dem normally come in ? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img] </div></div>

yes compry tell wi nuh [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img] </div></div>

unno go away from mi nice trip report wid dat [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70400-talktohand.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X