Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

As Deep as the Ocean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: As Deep as the Ocean...

In front of Alfreds there are more people. Food smoking, sound system going. Jagypsy and her friends are there, and Swedish is talking to them. Imanni and I stand there and wait. I see 2 ladies across the street set up with a cooler and a table of snacks...

One lady looks like she is the mother of the other... Beautiful graying locs, and kind eyes. I see the two of them looking at Imanni and smiling...

I decide "Momma" needs some business, and we bolt across the street to see what they have.

They open the cooler and Imanni see's a Pepsi [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img] Baby how about the ting, or some juice?? No he wants the pepsi [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] I ask Momma how much and she tells me. I fish the money from my purse and hand it to her.

The younger one is smitten [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img] she is looking at Imanni and she tells me to hold on to him. She says she would steal him in a heart beat, and tells me to hold his wrist, not his hand...

The traffic still speeds by regardless of the people standing along the narrow road. I feel a pang of fear, what am I doing with my baby out here [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] I can't hold the coconut, my purse, the pepsi and Imanni. They take the coconut from me, and again the younger one says hold on to that baby.

I grab Imanni by the wrist and we run back across the road.

Imanni will not go in without Auntie Swedish, and we wait for her to finish her conversation....

Finally she comes, and we head down the driveway to Alfreds....

$200J for me, Imanni is free [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

He loves music so much, I am excited for him to see...

We walk through the entrance, and the music hits us like a bomb [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scareyuh.gif[/img]

Imanni covers his ears, and starts backing out [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I take him back into the driveway, and see if he's ok...?

He says he is ok, but it's loud... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Ok, I pick him up one more time and try to get through the crowd farther from the amplified music.
    Imanni is not having it, and starts to get upset... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Ok baby, lets go home... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I find Swedish and tell her it is too loud for Imanni and we are going home [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

We get a cab, and head back to the hotel....

I just paid 200J for a stamp on my hand..... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imanni takes one drink, and the gleam in his eyes goes away [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

</div></div>

imanni is right... coconut wata haffi well cold before mi can drink it.
      Hurt people, hurt people.

Comment

Imanni is asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-sleeping.gif[/img]

I am wide awake [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

I can hear the music at Alfreds from my veranda, and silently wish I had set up a sitter, rather than tried to take him with me...

Oh well, Seveen will be here tomorrow, maybe I can go out then...

I write in my journal, and record the symphony of tree frogs with my camera...

The next morning is the usual routine, feed the kid, drink the coffee, watch the workers...
        It is my last full day here, and my gut us screaming get ready, get out, lets go... But soon come has set in, and I take my time as usual...

So I am standing there on my balcony, and I see these feet... I can only see the feet as there is a bar/shade structure in the way... but something about those feet catches my eye [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/agood.gif[/img]

I watch as the feet stop next to the security guard...
        Seconds pass like hours, and I feel the need to bend down and see if I can glimpse the torso...
        Could it be...???

Just as I bend over to get a look, so does he, and I am looking into his eyes...

OMG!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/breakdance.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]

I cry his name from the balcony, and can't contain my smile [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

He motions for me to come down, and I tell him I will be right there [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

I rush inside and to the mirror [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] Dang I wish I would have listened to my gut a 1/2 hour ago and got into the shower [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img]

Oh well [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] too late now...

I do what I can with myself in 2 minutes [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] and I tell Imanni we are going to see a friend of Mommy's on the beach... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

I walk out my door and my heart is pounding... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]
        <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.

Comment

Abu?

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]
          Keep the faith . .

Comment

<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #3333FF">FINALLY!</span></span>

hurry come!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R00TS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Abu?

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] </div></div>

nope [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

him?...
                you will always mistreat that which you misdiagnose.

Comment

He is sitting on the low wall waiting, when we reach the beach...
                  Imanni has his truck and is following me at a snails pace.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hurry up baby [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

I am a few steps ahead of Imanni and my pace quickens...

He stands up, and opens his arms wide [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img]

We hug for the longest time, and he looks at me, and then at Imanni, and he says "Dat my baby" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

we both have a chuckle, and I say now you know he's not [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

He says, yes, that's my baby, I helped shape him [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70374-lipsrsealed.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

We walk with Imanni down to the water, and him and I sit and talk for a while while Imanni plays...

He says Seveen told him I was here this morning, and he came straight to find me [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

"I cyaan believe you been here all week an mi just now see yuh" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] he says

I tell him how I tried to find him, but I dont't think he believes me...

Pretty soon I see another familiar smaddy walking down the beach...

Seveen and Abu [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

The man has this instant protectiveness for Imanni and stands by him on the shore while Seveen and I sit and talk...

He gets to chase Imanni down the beach this time [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] and I feel myself wishing again that I had found him on day 1 [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]

Seveen and I joke about him claiming Imanni as his, she told me before we left he was going to say that... She says it's a good thing mi just now see him or he might have had me convinced im was the father [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

I laugh, and agree I might be filing papers instead of writing a trip report [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

I thank her for sending him my way, and I smile as I watch the way he plays with Imanni...

Comment

aahhhhh...

i tell ya, the bestest things happen on yer last full day in jamaica....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">aahhhhh...

i tell ya, the bestest things happen on yer last full day in jamaica.... </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">aahhhhh...

i tell ya, the bestest things happen on yer last full day in jamaica.... </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img] </div></div>

don't cry.....there's more last full days in the future..... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Seveen does not stay long before her and Abu head back to the Bar-B-Barn.
                            Him and I sit and watch Imanni play in the sand. He says I can't believe you are leaving tomorrow. What time is your flight?

My flight does not leave till 5:20 but the JUTA comes pretty early [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Mi tek you to the airport doan worry.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

We head back up the property and to the gate so I can sign him in. On the way back to the room the little boy from our first day is in the loby area. I peek in the Mini Mart and ask his Mom if he can come to the room and play with Imanni. She says he can, and we all four go to the room.

The boy seems to love cars as much as Imanni does, and they play with the cars and trucks that Imanni has.

Him and I sit on the veranda and ketch up. He asks what happened with Imanni's father and I tell him.
                            We talk about how things have progressed for him, and I tease him about picking up women on the beach [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

We are like old friends, and it feels nice to see him again.

The little boy comes to ask if Imanni can go with him up to the Mini Mart and get some of his own toys... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

He see's the look of concern on my face and says don't worry nuttin gonna happen to him here...
                            I agree Imanni can go, and I tell him you stay with Ricky ok? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img]
                            "Ok Momma"

I watch my baby go down the sidewalk... his first ever time going somewhere with out an adult... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He says, yes, that's my baby, I helped shape him </div></div>

i love that.

still good men in the world
                              And he will slay any Dragon for me <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif

Comment

nice report bandi [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
                                <span style="font-style: italic">make my enemy my footstool</span>

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X