Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

As Deep as the Ocean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As Deep as the Ocean...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coolbeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well she going into jamaica....the son has dreadlocks, and the daddy not there with her.
    so prob think she going to be with daddy.

:shrug: or them meking conversation or just faas </div></div>

Faas sounds more like it! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    &quot;When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    V.Frank

Comment

The ride on the JUTA was uneventful. They needed 2 busses to get us all there [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] We got on the 2nd smaller bus with 2 other families. I was the only one in the bus who had been to JA before. Everyone but Imanni and I were headed to Beaches all-inclusive. We did not stop on the way to Negril, all of us were tired, and I felt my head bob a few times on the ride as sleep took me.

Imanni was wide awake, and every so often he’d say Momma look at that, or Momma what is that.
      He is excited, and ready to get where we are going.

We stop at Beaches first and everyone gets out but us. Imanni does not understand that this is not our stop, and he wants OOOUUUUT [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

No baby, we are not staying here, one more stop I promise [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Somehow I get him back in the seat, and we are off.

I smile bright and wide as I see all the familiar sites, and the things that have changed in the time since I have been here. It is about 9:30 when we pull into the Hotel.

My heart is home!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
      <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
      That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif
      ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Comment

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] a bandi report....i'm loving it already!!!! just picturing you being dragged through the airport by a stroller with legs.... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]
        you will always mistreat that which you misdiagnose.

Comment

Negril Beach Club Condo’s I cannot say enough good things about them. Everything from my arrival to my teary departure was wonderful. The place is well kept, and secure, the people are friendly, My room was PERFECT. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

I am greeted by a lady named Delores who was wonderful to me. She could see the weary traveled look on my face. She asks if Jean knew I would be here this early. I tell her she did, but if it’s a problem I have a friend staying across the street that I can go see if the room is not ready. She calls someone and tells them to “go ready the room so this young lady can rest her pikeny and put her feet up” [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]

I am led to my room, and told that Dwight will be down with my bags right away [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

The room is great! I got the 1 bedroom with kitchen, and I can see the sweet Caribbean from my veranda.
          Ahhhh… I put my feet up and the phone rings. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

Miss, your friend is here to see you, the white lady staying across the street. Yes, send her down please!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] Swedish [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

We both put our feet up and take a deep breath. She’s walked a ways to get to me, and well now ya’ll know what I’ve been through [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]

My poor feet, now in my much roomier flip-flops [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Swedish's poor bitten up legs..

Imanni plays on the day-bed across the room...

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]

Hurts so good... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]
          <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaith</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] a bandi report....i'm loving it already!!!! just picturing you being dragged through the airport by a stroller with legs.... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

It was sooooo NOT funny [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] the date is off by <u>one day </u>in all the pictures.

This was actually the 16th [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

See how quick di time fly [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

Comment

loving every minute Bandanna! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img]
                Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

Bandy loving your report and pics [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/dance01.gif[/img]
                  &quot;Faith Is Taking the First Step,
                  Even When You Don't See the
                  Whole Staircase.&quot;
                  - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dwight [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img] brought up all my luggage right as Swedish was coming in. So Imanni has his toys, and is content for a minute. I go straight to the veranda, and look out at the ocean. I take a deep breath, and give thanks for a safe journey, and the beauty before me.

I ask to borrow Swedish’s cell so I can call O’Neil and get my rental phone.
                    I tell you, I have never had such a hassle free phone experience in my life. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    I called him, and he was there within 15 minutes handing me the phone. He got the time for me and sent it to my phone, all I had to do was dial [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

I was connected [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
                    (My parents used to make jokes about the phone growing out of my ear) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

He even got time for Swedish when she was not renting his phone.
                    Yeah man O’Neil is a straight up guy, and I was very thankful for the phone, fi real! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

We head back from the office where we met O’Neil and straight for the water. Imanni can be held up no more, and I would not dream of doing it. He is 20 steps ahead of us… Going full boar for that beach on the horizon...

He barely slows his pace when I call him...

But when he reaches the beach I hear a big belly laugh, and I see Imanni look in that direction and stop in his tracks.

Comment

(((Sammy))) (((AnnShan)))

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Comment

I need some food [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]

Back in a few... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need some food [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]

Back in a few... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

</div></div>

UHHH....HUUULLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Food can wait dammit!!! Get back here. NOW!!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Lawd oooman dont you know I NEED THIS REPORT!!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry Ochi, my belly was calling [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]

Mi soon come [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ok girlie...dinnah should be ovah by now. tap tap tap
                              If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Comment

I set my purse and camera down in the chair next to Swedish, and I head to the beach with Imanni. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

We play in the waves, but he won’t go in the water. I must go in, I float and watch him from the water. There are 2 little boys, and one is pushing up on me like a big man [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70400-talktohand.gif[/img] The boy must have been 6 an ask if its mi first time to Negril [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] Not really the question, but the tone in which he asked, and the look in his eyes... :shakehead:

I swam away from him, toward Imanni and the other little boy at the shore… The other little boy wants Imanni’s car, and I tell Imanni to share… He does with no question, and plays in the sand instead. I float some more when man walking down the beach decides to address me: [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

“Fresh Meat” he yells from the beach as he walks past [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

All I can do is shake my head… I am NOT your “Fresh Meat” gwey! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70400-talktohand.gif[/img] He says something like “we could be good together” but I ignore him, collect my son, and head for Swedish and the beach chairs. We go upstairs, and take a break from the heat and the beach on my veranda.

Imanni plays with his cars, while her and I ketch up on the past few days. Who is here, who is coming, who we might see [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70365-flirt.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

I am in Jamaica, have been for 10 hours, and I am dying for a Red Stripe. Something is wrong with this picture… I have Swedish sit with Imanni in the house, and I go to the little Mini Mart for liquid. The lady behind the counter is so pretty. Light olive skin, and almost green eyes that look grey… Striking, and makes me think of the boy on the beach playing with Imanni.

I pay too much for 1 Ting, 1 7up, 1 Red Stripe, and a bottled water, but I am happy as I head back to my room. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Sleep comes quickly, once my head hits the pillow, I am out like a light.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X