Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

As Deep as the Ocean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kojak and Lucky
    replied
    Re: As Deep as the Ocean...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Until next time [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

</div></div>

Picture Perfect [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Magician
    replied

Lawd Ave Mercy! It's 3:13 AM! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]

Between Marilyn's, Seveen's and Your Trip Reports mi been here all night a read fi unu stories. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]

And you know if it was anybody else's trip report mi woulda gone a mi bed long time. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-sleeping.gif[/img] But since is yuh mi get addicted and haffi finish read it! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Big up to yuh Bandi fi do such a good job raise di pickney! I can see di bwai will grow up propa. And nuh worry yuhself, these trips to Yard will pay off when he's older.

So is true? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] Swedish moved to Swedish. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]
    You know mi friend Swedish, you are 2/3rds closer to me know that you were in Cali.... but it just <u>sounds</u> so far away! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

Mi glad seh yuh find HIM, and mi also glad seh yuh nuh try fi bring HIM wrapped up inna blue tarp like Seveen. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• sistacaf
    replied

ohmyGOSH bandanna, [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img] i don't even know what to say! what a sweet thing to do, now you made ME bawl too.

And what a wonderful report. Not too mushy or sappy or over-the-top flowery, just real. i love your style. (and you remind me of me.)

so glad you got go, and with your lil man too. but at the same time, i know that feeling - like when they sed you looked like a "family on vacation"... i know how that is, wishin it were so, wanting to fall into that vibe & fully enjoy it - and then - the SMACK in the head - realizing it's just a nice idea and not really true. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

i can't believe you took videos with the camera-!! you got it to work so much better than I EVER did. i could never figure out all the bells and whistles. (i'm spoiled by the easy-as-pie Cybershot i guess) It belongs in your capable hands for real. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

and about this part......
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he cuts her short with attitude and says something about you are in America now...

Thanks for the reminder [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div>

*SIGH*
    This is kind of off on a tangent, but i recently went to Florida; Zed had tole me it feels like yard vibes down there even tho it's still America, and she was SO right. i loved it the instant i got off the plane and felt that blast of hot humid air. we were in the Lauderhill area which is somthin like 95% WI people, and we loved loved LOVED the place. my friend hasn't been home in over 15 years and even he about bawled, when we were hanging with our friends and saw how they had their houses all set up, with all the fruit trees and plants from JA and TnT, how they had their backyards all set up like a lil piece of home. He felt like he was "home" too, and dint wanna leave atall. it was like a thousand pounds lifted off our shoulders for those few days -

then, on our way back, we had a stopover in the ATL. we were sittin in the airport just lookin around, and could just feel the horrible vibes the SECOND we were out of the "tropics", back to the hard, cold attitude. We both realized at the same moment, that we were back in 'america' and silently looked at each other with that same sadness in our eyes.

there's nothing worse than that sinking feeling, knowing you're trapped, and haf to to 'go back'. it's even worse than the sadness leaving for Sangster, cause at least then, you're still IN jamaica. but, sittin there in the ATL airport, we both immediately felt the full realization of how different it was, even we were just one state away from FLA. it just sucked so much we couldn't even say a thing.

OK well i no wanna put any sour vibes into this, so i'll say again it was a joy reading about your homecomin' trip and thank you for sharing with all of us! clap clap clap!!!

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

Again I can't stop the tears...

I cry for beloved, I cry for him, I cry for Imanni and I cry for me too...

Back to reality, back to being a single mother, back to being alone...

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Bink - the Only
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i love this pic

now imanni knows it is just a vacation

uncle tuck, ice cream, home

i'll be dozing in my home yard in the m'awning

</div></div>

ty, Bandi ... i am not sorry it is over. i am honored that you shared it with us.

(((Immani)))

Leave a comment:

• SweetDreams
    replied

Awww.... I am so sad this report is now over. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img] Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trip with us! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] I was sooo hoping you were gonna extend the trip when you finally found "him!" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] There seems to be too much of something between you two , not to pursue something... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]
    I hope you get to go back real soon..and pick up where you left off.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]
    Immani is just a pure delight..you do a terrific job with him momma! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] I am sure he will be talking about this great trip for a long time...thanks again for sharing such a wonderful trip! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] ps..you are not alone..those Country Roads lyrics gave me a lump in my throat as well.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shuttle drops us off at Southwest.

I am a pro at this airport stuff by now...

Get a luggage cart, wait in line, check the bags, wait in line, through security, wait in line [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

While we are waiting to board, Imanni sees a little girl eating an ice cream cone.
    Of course he wants one, and I tell him if he is good on the plane we will get one when we get to Uncle Trucks house.
    He does not want to wait that long, but I give him the look [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img] and he shuts up about the ice cream [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

Again I must say Southwest Airlines is GREAT! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

The flight was short and sweet and Imanni was very good [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Back home at Uncle Trucks, Ice Cream in hand [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

This report is dedicated to Sistacaf for her selfless donation of the camera that allowed me to capture all these memories [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Sistacaf you ROCK!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Thanks for tagging along folks [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I would not have wanted to share this journey anywhere-else.com

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img] jamaicans.com [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]

</div></div>

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

i love this pic

now imanni knows it is just a vacation

uncle tuck, ice cream, home

i'll be dozing in my home yard in the m'awning

Leave a comment:

• jamaicaboo
    replied

WOW thos report rocked!!!

Great photos, great writing and again your son is adordable!!

The thing to remember we may miss home but we can always go back!! Jamaica has that calling in all of us and no matter what we know what lies ahead of us when we get to finally "reach yard" once again.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]

I am so sad this is over! Bandy it was wonderful just like I knew it would be and thank you for all the work to share!

(((Bandy & Immanni)))

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Jah_Mamma
    replied

Thank YOU!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Bandana
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsOchigal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]
    [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]

Danna...beg you please...tap mek me cry!!!! </div></div>

sorry... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img]

mi done now.... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Bandana
    replied

The shuttle drops us off at Southwest.

I am a pro at this airport stuff by now...

Get a luggage cart, wait in line, check the bags, wait in line, through security, wait in line [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

While we are waiting to board, Imanni sees a little girl eating an ice cream cone.
    Of course he wants one, and I tell him if he is good on the plane we will get one when we get to Uncle Trucks house.
    He does not want to wait that long, but I give him the look [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img] and he shuts up about the ice cream [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

Again I must say Southwest Airlines is GREAT! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

The flight was short and sweet and Imanni was very good [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Back home at Uncle Trucks, Ice Cream in hand [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

This report is dedicated to Sistacaf for her selfless donation of the camera that allowed me to capture all these memories [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Sistacaf you ROCK!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Thanks for tagging along folks [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I would not have wanted to share this journey anywhere-else.com

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img] jamaicans.com [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blushing2.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Ochigal
    replied

Danna...beg you please...tap mek me cry!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bandana
    replied

I walk down to 7eleven for some necessities, and then re-arrange my luggage so the liquor I got at Sangsters can go in my checked luggage for the flight back to Sacramento in the morning...

We manage to get some sleep, and the hotel phone is ringing...

7:30am time to wake up [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-sleeping.gif[/img]

Everything together, we head downstairs. Load the luggage on the shuttle, and check out.
    We say our good bye's and I am surprisingly ok... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img] It is going to be a looooong time before I see my likkle Swedish friend again... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

The shuttle driver comes out, and Imanni and I get on and take our seats. Swedish is sitting on the curb by her luggage waiting for her cab. We wave through the window, and I see the sadness in her eyes...

Okay, here comes the tears [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

Imanni says "I love Auntie Swedish" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img] "me too baby, me too" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Bandana
    replied

By this time Swedish is [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

She walks down the curb to the "shuttle for hire" lady and pays for a shuttle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img]

She comes back to get Imanni and I and we all head down to that shuttle bench...

and we wait, and we wait, and we wait [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

Finally after another 30 minutes the shuttle comes... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

We get on, and all this time I've been saying this hotel is on ElSegundo (sp?) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ideathink.gif[/img] The shuttle driver asks for the address, but I don't have it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] I give him the number and he calls from his cell... Thank God, cause the hotel is not on ElSegundo [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] He says where the hotel is will be a higher fare than where we thought it was... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img]

I hear Swedish say "I don't care, I would give $100 dollars, just get us there" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

We reach the hotel at 11:30pm, 3 hours after we landed at LAX only 2 miles away [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X