Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMF please be gentle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] with me - were not hotel people like most in this forum, for many reasons but mainly because we stay with family, generally. Last year March tho, when we drove around the entire island, we stayed at BBB for 5 days while in Negril.

I enjoyed it immensely. Out of everything, the peeps were the best thing of all. In particular, there was a woman who wore many hats who checked us in her name, if I recall, was Olga or some such Nordic like name. Im almost certain it was Olga. Do you know of whom I speak? Was she still there? Gots ta be the most hospitable hotel worker Ive ever met.

Question for you what room were you in exactly? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Even tho I started a new job just recently literally last month Im going home month after next. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Some might recall last year was the first Id spent any real time in Negril since I was a late teenager. Suffice it to say, it almost swore me off Ochi. I fell in love with it.

The sweetest part is that I managed to roll this trip into my job! Mercy!
    (Tell about that via PM soon.) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]

Were also going to celebrate my 6yrs since diagnosis. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ok, I think Im rambling.

What was I trying to say again? Yeah ok what room did you stay in this time???
    </div></div>

Ok
    No I don't recall anyone with a Nordic name. But I was in the room on second floor if you are leaving the bar. Don't remember the number sorry.

PS I'm still an Ochii girl, but I can have them BOTH [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

we have Ingrid and Sonya at the front desk
    also Denton - but he is clearly not female

Comment

i think i was in room 118

and you were in 120

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We beat yuh - our per nite converted to just under $60! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70379-moneyeyes.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>at BBB we paid less than $100 a night including FULL breakfast and taxes</span> </div></div> </div></div>

that sounds about right Yuri....last summer I paid about $60/nite there.... </div></div>

Yes but remember now this is high season and rules change.
        IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Ingrid, Ingrid, Ingrid!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ugh! HOW could I forget her name!!! At least I was close. Thanks for reminding me.

Wonderful, WONDERFUL woman.

I'm bringing her something this time around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMF please be gentle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] with me - were not hotel people like most in this forum, for many reasons but mainly because we stay with family, generally. Last year March tho, when we drove around the entire island, we stayed at BBB for 5 days while in Negril.

I enjoyed it immensely. Out of everything, the peeps were the best thing of all. In particular, there was a woman who wore many hats who checked us in her name, if I recall, was Olga or some such Nordic like name. Im almost certain it was Olga. Do you know of whom I speak? Was she still there? Gots ta be the most hospitable hotel worker Ive ever met.

Question for you what room were you in exactly? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Even tho I started a new job just recently literally last month Im going home month after next. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Some might recall last year was the first Id spent any real time in Negril since I was a late teenager. Suffice it to say, it almost swore me off Ochi. I fell in love with it.

The sweetest part is that I managed to roll this trip into my job! Mercy!
          (Tell about that via PM soon.) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]

Were also going to celebrate my 6yrs since diagnosis. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ok, I think Im rambling.

What was I trying to say again? Yeah ok what room did you stay in this time???
          </div></div>

Ok
          No I don't recall anyone with a Nordic name. But I was in the room on second floor if you are leaving the bar. Don't remember the number sorry.

PS I'm still an Ochii girl, but I can have them BOTH [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

we have Ingrid and Sonya at the front desk
          also Denton - but he is clearly not female </div></div>

Comment

Ingrid, Sonya and Angela are sisters

Norm is their brother

Comment

Thanks much Seveen - I knew 2 were sisters but I didn't recall Ingrid as well. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ingrid, Sonya and Angela are sisters

Norm is their brother </div></div>

Comment

catcha is by far the best place I have stayed at while in Jamaica....we had one of the new two bedroom units Aquarius and it was top notch and worth every penny........

have never stayed at for real but like it's location very much and marilyn's room was HUGE with a lovely balcony as well.....

someone asked for links

http://www.barbbarn.com
                http://www.catchajamaica.com

For Real's website seems to be down
                Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

Went to my book mark for FOR REAL seems their web page is gone.
                  IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Indeed - [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] - I tried and checked earlier too - and saw nada.

Comment

We got a bit of a discount at Catcha as we took multiple units.

But even the small rooms - Pisces and the Geminis - are very nice. They have AC, fridge, microwave and comfy beds and bathrooms, Pisces has an outdoor shower, there are large sun decks that are private to the units, hammocks, and breakfast is still included in the rates. Those are under $100 in off season.
                      Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

Comment

Hi All,
                          My family and I are trying to decide between BBB and Catcha for this july2008, The 2 bedroom at Catcha seems ideal except for the fact that we are traveling with two children ages 5 and 14 and not sure how far from the beach (sand) it is. BBB seems nice but the kitchenette at Catcha really caught our eye, with two kids eating out gets pricey. So if someone could 1. Tell me about the beach in reference to Catcha 2. Tell me if there are any kitchen rooms at BBB and if not what would be the best room(s) to get for us (me, wife, and 2 boys) 3. If there are any other suggestions in this range of places to stay in Negril. We are trying something new and just going the relaxed route this time, no big hotel chain but the place must be safe, clean and have air conditioning.

All responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                          Jay
                          When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Comment

Keeping a 5 year old away from the unfenced and very high cliff edge would NOT be a vacation to me. Save Catcha for a kid less trip and do BBB.
                            Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

Thanks Ohliz..

I will take your advice..any other hotel suggestions..I could do the research just some names of good ones?
                              When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Comment

i think BBB has a suite

and bandanna had a nice apartment at Negril Beach Condos

i think the beach is best for the kids

i want to stay on the cliffs but i'm not ready for my 11-year son to take up cliff diving

i like BBB 'cause breakfast is included - full breakfast

the rooms are close to the beach for potty breaks etc

i usually get room 118 or 119 which is close to the bar so if my son needed a nap - he could nap and i could sit at the bar - 10 feet away

plenty of things to do on 7-mile beach

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X