Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

yes i have to agree beach is best for a 5 year old

negril beach club condos http://www.negrill.com is priced well and has a nice wide beach front and studio, one bedrooms and two bedrooms all have full kitchen

other places with a kitchen are

seaplash is on the other end but nice and private one bedroom has a kitchen http://www.seaplash.com

rondel is mid beach and also has a kitchen http://www.rondelvillage.com
    Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

oh and just to mention

cooking for yourself is not always as cheap as getting some box food in jamaica and to me - the food cooks different

there are plenty of places to get food for about $5.00 or less for a meal

fries abound and there's plenty of chicken

my son has gotten completely used to the food there

doesn't even ask to go to Burger King while we're there

i had some good meals at, Coconuts International (steps from BBB), JahBs - Tim's fried chicken is great and reasonable, plenty of soups around, french fries abound, fruit smoothies, BBB pizza,

enjoy and please let us know how it goes

we can learn from you too . . .

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think BBB has a suite

and bandanna had a nice apartment at Negril Beach Condos

i think the beach is best for the kids

i want to stay on the cliffs but i'm not ready for my 11-year son to take up cliff diving

i like BBB 'cause breakfast is included - full breakfast

the rooms are close to the beach for potty breaks etc

i usually get room 118 or 119 which is close to the bar so if my son needed a nap - he could nap and i could sit at the bar - 10 feet away

plenty of things to do on 7-mile beach </div></div>

when we arrived at BBB last July, we were initially told that the free breakfast was some version of bacon&eggs...but when the staff realiized that we were perfectly happy to pay for ackee&saltfish every morning, they just let us have that for our free breakfast! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
        Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Comment

you can have bacon and eggs - eggs any style

you can have french toast, pancakes (abu recommended)

you can have jamaican breakfast - ackee and saltfish

it was convenient for abu to go order breakfast on his own
          and mine too

some days it got delivered hot to my room

one day i had breakfast delivered on the beach

it's nice to fill your belly first thing in the morning

Comment

and it's even nicer to not move too far for to do it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]
            Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and it's even nicer to not move too far for to do it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img] </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>yep Keisha saw me in my head rag and pajamas too many times [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] bringing that coffee and breakfast to my room

the service i got was impeccable [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
                seveen, this is soo pretty! and look how it still looks lush and fertile w/o grass, I could just curl up my toes in the sand now
                ''to learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.''
                Voltaire

Comment

Sammy
                  I have a friend staying at NBCC right now and she HATES the place. And yes they moved her out of the first one she hated into another that she hates a little less, but something is not going on right there right about now.
                  IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Hi All,
                    Thank you for the responses. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back but I have been away on family business (lovely Pittsburgh).. I am definitely going to stay on the beach now just trying to find a nice room/suite. Seveen (BBB) sounds like a nice option with the suite, I will look into that further..reviews and the such. Sammy thanks for all the leads I will be going on (negrill.com) to look at some of the places you suggested. Seveen as for cooking, I really dont want to do too much of that it is more to just have to option for snacks and a quick meal...a jerk chicken platter out of a barrel by the road is fine by me ..Once again thanks to all I mentioned and missed...Please feel free to make any more suggestions. I am already getting excited.
                    When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Comment

Well, I have chosen bbb for my first trip to negril in May.. Thanks to my momma and Ms. Seveen.. I heard so much nice stuff about it..
                      Live life to the fullest....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy
                        I have a friend staying at NBCC right now and she HATES the place. And yes they moved her out of the first one she hated into another that she hates a little less, but something is not going on right there right about now. </div></div>

Did she book through Jean on the condo side?

No, it's no Catcha but for what is offered I think a good overall value....when I go down with lil sammy we usually stay there or if I have more money Seaplash because I need the kitchen facility......I have found Jean or Ms Doreen will go out of their way to make things right and comfortable for you....I did stay in the main hotel part of my first visit to Negril and well let's just say NEVER again!
                        Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy
                          I have a friend staying at NBCC right now and she HATES the place. And yes they moved her out of the first one she hated into another that she hates a little less, but something is not going on right there right about now. </div></div>

No, it's no Catcha but for what is offered I think a good overall value....when I go down with lil sammy we usually stay there or if I have more money Seaplash because I need the kitchen facility......I have found Jean or Ms Doreen will go out of their way to make things right and comfortable for you....I did stay in the main hotel part of my first visit to Negril and well let's just say NEVER again! </div></div>

I don't know, Angie might know, I do know she's not happy though.
                          IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy

No, it's no Catcha but for what is offered I think a good overall value....when I go down with lil sammy we usually stay there or if I have more money Seaplash because I need the kitchen facility......I have found Jean or Ms Doreen will go out of their way to make things right and comfortable for you....I did stay in the main hotel part of my first visit to Negril and well let's just say NEVER again! </div></div>

I don't know, Angie might know, I do know she's not happy though. </div></div>

That's a shame because I really enjoyed my stay there and was looking at possibly staying there later this year again.
                            It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMF please be gentle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] with me - were not hotel people like most in this forum, for many reasons but mainly because we stay with family, generally. Last year March tho, when we drove around the entire island, we stayed at BBB for 5 days while in Negril.

I enjoyed it immensely. Out of everything, the peeps were the best thing of all. In particular, there was a woman who wore many hats who checked us in her name, if I recall, was Olga or some such Nordic like name. Im almost certain it was Olga. Do you know of whom I speak? Was she still there? Gots ta be the most hospitable hotel worker Ive ever met.

Question for you what room were you in exactly? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Even tho I started a new job just recently literally last month Im going home month after next. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Some might recall last year was the first Id spent any real time in Negril since I was a late teenager. Suffice it to say, it almost swore me off Ochi. I fell in love with it.

The sweetest part is that I managed to roll this trip into my job! Mercy!
                              (Tell about that via PM soon.) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]

Were also going to celebrate my 6yrs since diagnosis. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ok, I think Im rambling.

What was I trying to say again? Yeah ok what room did you stay in this time???
                              </div></div>

Inga!! She is a doll!
                              Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

Comment

Right?!

Isn't she THE best.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Hope I get to see her when I go down in a few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queenb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMF please be gentle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] with me - were not hotel people like most in this forum, for many reasons but mainly because we stay with family, generally. Last year March tho, when we drove around the entire island, we stayed at BBB for 5 days while in Negril.

I enjoyed it immensely. Out of everything, the peeps were the best thing of all. In particular, there was a woman who wore many hats who checked us in her name, if I recall, was Olga or some such Nordic like name. Im almost certain it was Olga. Do you know of whom I speak? Was she still there? Gots ta be the most hospitable hotel worker Ive ever met.

Question for you what room were you in exactly? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Even tho I started a new job just recently literally last month Im going home month after next. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Some might recall last year was the first Id spent any real time in Negril since I was a late teenager. Suffice it to say, it almost swore me off Ochi. I fell in love with it.

The sweetest part is that I managed to roll this trip into my job! Mercy!
                                (Tell about that via PM soon.) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]

Were also going to celebrate my 6yrs since diagnosis. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ok, I think Im rambling.

What was I trying to say again? Yeah ok what room did you stay in this time???
                                </div></div>

Inga!! She is a doll! </div></div>

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X