Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kd pittypat
    replied
    Re: Bar-B-Barn,For Real, and Catcha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i fill up the ice bucket to keep things cold for a while

or i ask them to hold it in the frig at the bar - just put it in a scandal bag

</div></div> We have tried fillin the ice bucket w/ ice and drinks--doesn't last long. I have also carried soft sided ice boxes, they don't keep cold very long either. I eat very little at a time and am always hvin to dispose of food I thought had set too long( noooooooooo, not the jerk!!!!!) gonna have to start shipping little fridge ahead of me [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Englan Girl
    replied

Hiya gang [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img]

Well I've finally stirred myself and emailed BBB to get a quote for staying there just before the marathon in December. It's about time I did something other than staying with family each trip [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

i fill up the ice bucket to keep things cold for a while

or i ask them to hold it in the frig at the bar - just put it in a scandal bag

Leave a comment:

• kd pittypat
    replied

I LUV bbb--my only complaint is no fridge. cayn't stan my Ting warm [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70388-shameonyou.gif[/img] loved my little room--was there on my own, reasonable price,tidy roomy rooms, and feels very safe. I know olga!!(or is it elsa?) She was still there last April. Am booking elsewhere next reach for cheaper and a little kitchen...Am havin 2nd thoughts already

ooops,Ingrid [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>you can probably do "walk up" at either place</span>

Leave a comment:

• JamCrazy
    replied

Thanks Seveen.. I think i read that review on Trip advisor...apparently it's now my decision.. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img] I have until 11:59 pm to make up my mind...my friends are the best...really [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

bumping

someone asked about BBB

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My error - it's Ingrid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LostinSweden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm definitely thinking this place for my next reach...(I hope they do long term rentals)...so it it INGA OR INGRID???
    Want to make sure I get the lady's name correct. </div></div> </div></div>

Gee I don't know if they do long term rentals. If I were dpomg a long term thing I'd want a kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Sonya is actually the Front Desk Manager

Denton and Ingridare both very nice as well </span>

Leave a comment:

• Yuriatin
    replied

My error - it's Ingrid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LostinSweden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm definitely thinking this place for my next reach...(I hope they do long term rentals)...so it it INGA OR INGRID???
    Want to make sure I get the lady's name correct. </div></div>

Leave a comment:

• swedishrasta
    replied

So I'm definitely thinking this place for my next reach...(I hope they do long term rentals)...so it it INGA OR INGRID???
    Want to make sure I get the lady's name correct.

Leave a comment:

• Yuriatin
    replied

Right?!

Isn't she THE best.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Hope I get to see her when I go down in a few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queenb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMF please be gentle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] with me - were not hotel people like most in this forum, for many reasons but mainly because we stay with family, generally. Last year March tho, when we drove around the entire island, we stayed at BBB for 5 days while in Negril.

I enjoyed it immensely. Out of everything, the peeps were the best thing of all. In particular, there was a woman who wore many hats who checked us in her name, if I recall, was Olga or some such Nordic like name. Im almost certain it was Olga. Do you know of whom I speak? Was she still there? Gots ta be the most hospitable hotel worker Ive ever met.

Question for you what room were you in exactly? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Even tho I started a new job just recently literally last month Im going home month after next. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Some might recall last year was the first Id spent any real time in Negril since I was a late teenager. Suffice it to say, it almost swore me off Ochi. I fell in love with it.

The sweetest part is that I managed to roll this trip into my job! Mercy!
    (Tell about that via PM soon.) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]

Were also going to celebrate my 6yrs since diagnosis. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ok, I think Im rambling.

What was I trying to say again? Yeah ok what room did you stay in this time???
    </div></div>

Inga!! She is a doll! </div></div>

Leave a comment:

• queenb
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YuriYuri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMF please be gentle [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img] with me - were not hotel people like most in this forum, for many reasons but mainly because we stay with family, generally. Last year March tho, when we drove around the entire island, we stayed at BBB for 5 days while in Negril.

I enjoyed it immensely. Out of everything, the peeps were the best thing of all. In particular, there was a woman who wore many hats who checked us in her name, if I recall, was Olga or some such Nordic like name. Im almost certain it was Olga. Do you know of whom I speak? Was she still there? Gots ta be the most hospitable hotel worker Ive ever met.

Question for you what room were you in exactly? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Even tho I started a new job just recently literally last month Im going home month after next. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Some might recall last year was the first Id spent any real time in Negril since I was a late teenager. Suffice it to say, it almost swore me off Ochi. I fell in love with it.

The sweetest part is that I managed to roll this trip into my job! Mercy!
    (Tell about that via PM soon.) [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]

Were also going to celebrate my 6yrs since diagnosis. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img]

Ok, I think Im rambling.

What was I trying to say again? Yeah ok what room did you stay in this time???
    </div></div>

Inga!! She is a doll!

Leave a comment:

• halfwaytree
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy
    I have a friend staying at NBCC right now and she HATES the place. And yes they moved her out of the first one she hated into another that she hates a little less, but something is not going on right there right about now. </div></div>

Did she book through Jean on the condo side?

No, it's no Catcha but for what is offered I think a good overall value....when I go down with lil sammy we usually stay there or if I have more money Seaplash because I need the kitchen facility......I have found Jean or Ms Doreen will go out of their way to make things right and comfortable for you....I did stay in the main hotel part of my first visit to Negril and well let's just say NEVER again! </div></div>

I don't know, Angie might know, I do know she's not happy though. </div></div>

That's a shame because I really enjoyed my stay there and was looking at possibly staying there later this year again.

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sammy
    I have a friend staying at NBCC right now and she HATES the place. And yes they moved her out of the first one she hated into another that she hates a little less, but something is not going on right there right about now. </div></div>

Did she book through Jean on the condo side?

No, it's no Catcha but for what is offered I think a good overall value....when I go down with lil sammy we usually stay there or if I have more money Seaplash because I need the kitchen facility......I have found Jean or Ms Doreen will go out of their way to make things right and comfortable for you....I did stay in the main hotel part of my first visit to Negril and well let's just say NEVER again! </div></div>

I don't know, Angie might know, I do know she's not happy though.

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X