Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping

cool thanks, thats helpful...the reason for my scepticism about Kingston is that i have heard of roadblocks, strey bullets, jackings..etc...eventhough I dont believe its as bad as people have portreyed ,I know where theres extreme poverty and such a politically charged atmosphere, there is the potential for certain dangers.....anyways...If you think Kingston is safe, than that would be easier, especially if Mokko meets me at the airport....Im sure its pretty raw there but its not all sunshine in Houston eather where I have lived for about 25 years ...crime and violence is an everyday thing here Houston, but im sure its different in Jamaica...Most people I have spoken to about this trip say "youll get killed there etc...."....but I believe most people exaderate this due to lack of real life exposure etc...

anyways, thanks again

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runninrebel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cool thanks, thats helpful...the reason for my scepticism about Kingston is that i have heard of roadblocks, strey bullets, jackings..etc...eventhough I dont believe its as bad as people have portreyed ,I know where theres extreme poverty and such a politically charged atmosphere, there is the potential for certain dangers.....anyways...If you think Kingston is safe, than that would be easier, especially if Mokko meets me at the airport....Im sure its pretty raw there but its not all sunshine in Houston eather where I have lived for about 25 years ...crime and violence is an everyday thing here Houston, but im sure its different in Jamaica...Most people I have spoken to about this trip say "youll get killed there etc...."....but I believe most people exaderate this due to lack of real life exposure etc...

anyways, thanks again

</div></div> Having a reputable person like Moko pick you up is a good idea. You won't have to haggle and you will have peace of mind. Also, if you are going to his place he knows where he is going.

Comment

If I go to Kingston I go with people who know Kingston. I do not know Kingston well at all. But like any big city it has it ruff spots.

I know a white, blonde British woman who broke down (alone) around Trench town. Complete strangers looked out for her and got her car going.

My point is something good or bad can happen anywhere.

Comment

what you are describing about Kingston is not in the section of kingston where the aiport is at all, New kingston you will be safer, we even walked at night in new Kingston with out a problem, the issue is with the old kingston, trenchtown etc, which you will have no need to go there at all... We arrived twice in kingston with no problem, the last time we arrived late at night and were safe.
          http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...2122/event.png
          My Trip Reports &amp; photos

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThisIsMyStory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've googled camping in Jamaica until my fingers bled, and I can't seem to find much on the subject other than people saying not to do it. I do realize the problems associated with camping, but I want to do it regardless.

I've been to JA many times, but I never really paid attention to people camping. I know I've seen a fair amount of tents in the Negril (Roots Bamboo) area.

So, here's my million dollar question: Any suggestions / stories of camping in the Negril area? How about the Blue Mtn area (I'd like to spend 2 weeks up there)? It would be during Nov - Jan or Dec - Feb. I would split my time at different places if there's a variety of places to check out. I will be with my wife and daughter (almost 2 years old).

Thank-you in advance!!

</div></div>

Libby and Chef may know a little about this as they used to do it on their property in Port Maria. </div></div>

I have not seem Libby around the board in while.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runninrebel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..If you think Kingston is safe, than that would be easier, especially if Mokko meets me at the airport....</div></div>

The Norman Manley Airport in Kingston is not in the city. It's on a long skinny peninsula that forms a boundry for Kingston Harbour. If you get picked up at the airport and go to St. Thomas, you will not pass anywhere near the city.

Comment

A friends boyfriend is from St. Thomas ( I forget exactly where but he said it is not too far from Bath. I mentioned that I'm seeing a lot on the net lately about Sunning Hill. He smiled and said something to the effect of if you like your "veggies" it is THE place for that.

Comment

i second that, esp if you like walking in the bush bush, you might get a reward from the farmer [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GongGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i second that, esp if you like walking in the bush bush, you might get a reward from the farmer [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

I have not done that in years. It makes me wicked paranoid.

Comment

you mean paranoid in walking in the bush bush? i wouldn't be, you'll be safe there; unless you are paranoid about narrow paths and high mountains hehe, even if some spots you feel you can't do, someone like Mokko would help you, he is awesome. He helped me a few times, whether it was for walking in the river or in the bush bush, if he holds your hand, no way you will fall or not able able to do it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GongGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you mean paranoid in walking in the bush bush? i wouldn't be, you'll be safe there; unless you are paranoid about narrow paths and high mountains hehe, even if some spots you feel you can't do, someone like Mokko would help you, he is awesome. He helped me a few times, whether it was for walking in the river or in the bush bush, if he holds your hand, no way you will fall or not able able to do it [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] </div></div>

LOL. Smoking weed makes me paranoid so I stopped years ago.
                        I have seen "veggies" used to mean weed or ganja on this site.

Comment

I'd be more paranoid about wandering unannounced onto the wrong "farm" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                          Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be more paranoid about wandering unannounced onto the wrong "farm" [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] </div></div>

good point!

Comment

i second that, but again, you won't fall on the wrong farm with Mokko [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] and the veggies from the farmers are the best out there hehehe and the only ones i got for free... not that it was expensive anyways, cheap veggies you know [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Comment

woot woot woot, i'm so happy, you'll prob read this inna couple of posts hehehe

i have just learned today that our guide from Reich Falls, Bredda Lion, now have his own place, we can't wait to see it ourselves!! you guys know how much i loooooove anything rasta, can't be anymore rasta than this!! we found out via Worlds Together Travel's newsletter...

http://worldstogethertravel.com/jama...ging-reach.htm

wicked!!!!! the photos on the page are gorgeous,

well, here's us with Rasta Lion:

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X