Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping

I've googled camping in Jamaica until my fingers bled, and I can't seem to find much on the subject other than people saying not to do it. I do realize the problems associated with camping, but I want to do it regardless.

I've been to JA many times, but I never really paid attention to people camping. I know I've seen a fair amount of tents in the Negril (Roots Bamboo) area.

So, here's my million dollar question: Any suggestions / stories of camping in the Negril area? How about the Blue Mtn area (I'd like to spend 2 weeks up there)? It would be during Nov - Jan or Dec - Feb. I would split my time at different places if there's a variety of places to check out. I will be with my wife and daughter (almost 2 years old).

Thank-you in advance!!

Re: Camping

I recently saw someone list a price for camping as $15US per day in a trip report , prolly Roots Bamboo..someone here will know and advise yu,
    and contact MOKKO at Mokko

he may be able to tell yu where yu can camp safely on tht side of the island ..

Comment

Mokko seems like a great start for me! From what I read he's located in the Blue Mtns. He'll be perfect for guide service on the Blue Mtn range. Thank-you for the link.

I can't wait to read people's stories of camping and more suggestions. Keep them coming. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The Rough Guide to Jamaica mentions some camping possibilities around Negril, at Cousin's Cove and Orange Bay.
        You can probably find the info online if you google.
        Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out - Jack Buck

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThisIsMyStory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've googled camping in Jamaica until my fingers bled, and I can't seem to find much on the subject other than people saying not to do it. I do realize the problems associated with camping, but I want to do it regardless.

I've been to JA many times, but I never really paid attention to people camping. I know I've seen a fair amount of tents in the Negril (Roots Bamboo) area.

So, here's my million dollar question: Any suggestions / stories of camping in the Negril area? How about the Blue Mtn area (I'd like to spend 2 weeks up there)? It would be during Nov - Jan or Dec - Feb. I would split my time at different places if there's a variety of places to check out. I will be with my wife and daughter (almost 2 years old).

Thank-you in advance!!

</div></div>

Libby and Chef may know a little about this as they used to do it on their property in Port Maria.
          IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

The rasta we stay at when we go in Ja, Mokko, get many visitors that camps at his place, not long ago I believe he had a group of 17 ppl, so he didn't have enough cabins to lodge them all, some decided to camp in tents there. so it is do able, definitely, i know staying a cabin is 25/night not sure if he charges 25 when you camp out in a tent instead... i can always verify for you when ever i talk to him again, we usually speak 2-3 times per month. if you do use him, tell him you're a friend of Browning and to give you a good deal [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] he will also gladly bring you to JAH-B (a bobo rasta friend of his) that lodge for 3 days for the blue mountain hike and the prices are more than affordable.

irie
            http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...2122/event.png
            My Trip Reports &amp; photos

Comment

I can think of a couple of options not mentioned yet. It is possible to camp at Uncle Sams in Little Bay which is just south of Negril about 15 miles but almost an hour by car. I have seen people camp there in the past and I would be happy to call Sam and ask for you.

Up in the Cockpits in another place owned by TonyK who is a member here. I have that informaiton at home and can post it later this afternoon.

All that said, I have seen Gong Girls photos and video of Mokko's place and it looks heavenly!

Comment

Wow! Now I'm starting to have real options. GongGirl, if you could please ask about the camping rates. I'd be very greatful. Mokko's area looks so nice. I can just imagine what it looks like in person.

As far as camping in Negril goes, I really want to be somewhat close to the beaches and cliffs. This trip will be my wife's first, and I want her to experience Negril. I can't wait for her to experience all Jamaica has to offer.

I know I said it once, but I'll say it again--I really do appreciate all the ideas. You all are very helpful and we appreciate it.

Keep the suggestions and stories rollin'!!

Comment

next door to roots, herbie's place, ocean front. 15 per night.
                  better to want than to have . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
                  april 04, 2012

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JitterBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">next door to roots, herbie's place, ocean front. 15 per night.
                    </div></div>

here it is just last week [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Keep the faith . .

Comment

Ariiiight, i'll give Mokko a shout for you tonight, he won't believe you guys are talking about him hehe he is very proud when visitors talk about him, ppl in the community, have a lot of respect for Mokko too, helping him in every way, esp when he has tourists or visitors with him.

well, i'll let you all know when I find out.

R00t that place is SPECTACULAR, would love to go to negril some day, will talk to Mokko about it, hehe, we can't do a trip to Jamaica without him now!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is a link to Tonyk's place in the Cockpits near Accompong:

Baboo's Garden

Happy hunting! It is so great to see so many options abound.

Comment

Gorgeous Nanook! keep posting links like that, i wanna see this place now [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Gong Girl...Tonyk once told me he can see the lights of Montego Bay as well as Sour Tree Hill at the same time! I am definitely going up there on my next trip! So many places off the beaten path to see! I would love to meet Mokko too!

Comment

yep i def want to do this, i loved mokko so i know i would love this, i love the rasta life and all and don't mind anything rustic, poor, rural and local, actually, that's mostly all we are looking for, we don't really care for resorts more than that. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/discosmilie.gif[/img]

i'm sure you would LOOOOVE mokko, he is so nice to have around, all the time.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X