Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

But Where Are You Going To Eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: But Where Are You Going To Eat?

this pic looks like an early-mornin-dew on the grass- sittin on the balcony-drinkingcoffee-not thinkng bout NY-thank yu Fawda cause I am blessed -kinda view !!

thanks for sharing ..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After lunch we decided to hit the road and get to Pipers Cove, our home for the week....Pipers is a sweet little spot in Salem, near Runaway Bay....Mrs Daisy Chin owns the place and can be found on the property almost everyday.....there are 16 one bedroom suites divided amongst 4 buildings, as well as 5-6 hotel-style rooms above the office, each with a kitchenette and a small private balcony....the guests are primarily Jamaicans looking to get away for a weekend or a holiday, along with the occasional tourists.... because the place is somewhat intimate, the staff knew us by our names rather than our room number [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I'll have some pictures of our suite and the grounds a little later, but this is a pic of what I saw every morning when I stepped out onto the balcony...

</div></div>

Comment

We settled into our room and watched the sun set through a soft rain......

Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this pic looks like an early-mornin-dew on the grass- sittin on the balcony-drinkingcoffee-not thinkng bout NY-thank yu Fawda cause I am blessed -kinda view !!
        </div></div>

seet deh haki [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R00TS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stuff Dave [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
          please tell me you went to bessa [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/discosmilie.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img] not this time.... </div></div>
          always next time [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]
          I'm sure you went to Browns town [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
          Keep the faith . .

Comment

Great start DD. Loved the pics of the girls and Lee. Will check back in a few days for more. Off to Curacao tomorrow with Ted. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]
            `If your dream doesn't include the &quot;impossible&quot; it's too small - Joel Osteen

Comment

hello, I am a white male in his late 20's from Houston Tx., and I am planning to visit Jamaica this summer, I am looking foward to relaxing with locals and enjoying the finest of the ......shhh..anyways I have been readin some locals can be pretty agressive with visitors especially white ones..I have also heard of occasional roadblocks where your stronglly encouraged to share your money ...and potentially any point along the way if you slow down especially entering Negril...how true is all this, I dont believe everything I read so this is a good place to be exposed to different perspectives....thanks

Comment

runninrebel, this post belongs to teh *discover jamaica* forum ..there all ur questions will be answered ..a fe ppl have already volunteered to answer ur questions ..

Comment

runninrebel, I hope you're enjoying this trip report [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

as haki has mentioned, tho, questions like yours are better adressed in the Discover Jamaica forum......in fact, I think your question has been answered in this thread .....

Comment

This is the third year in a row that we've been in Jamaica for the Super Bowl...Pooh and I have laughed the last couple of times we've bought plane tickets.....

"Maybe we'll see the Giants!"

Which of course, if not impossible, was certainly improbable....

So I spent another season of Sunday afternoons through the fall watching the Giants, just hoping they wouldn't make fools of themselves.....they managed to eke out a spot in the playoffs and earned themselves a game with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...the Giants played well enough to beat the Bucs, which lengthened the seaon, but got them a road playoff game against the hated Dallas Cowboys.....

I hoped the Giants would win, but didn't expect it.....

Giants win 21-17

At this point, the season is a complete success ...another road playoff game on the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay is just a bonus.....how are the Giants going to beat Brett Favre in the NFC Championship? in Green Bay? in sub-zero temperatures?

Giants win 23-20

The Giants are going to the Super Bowl!

The Giants are going to the Super Bowl?

The Giants?

in the Super Bowl?!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R00TS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R00TS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stuff Dave [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                      please tell me you went to bessa [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/discosmilie.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img] not this time.... </div></div>
                      always next time [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]
                      I'm sure you went to Browns town [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img] </div></div>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll have some pictures of our suite and the grounds a little later, but this is a pic of what I saw every morning when I stepped out onto the balcony...

[/quote]

This would be an inspiration for doing great and wonderful things every day. Dave a beautiful picture. A beautiful sight.
                        Life is an Adventure, so you might as well ride it till the wheels fall off.

BARRELING DOWN THE ROAD CALLED LIFE.

Soon come Chapter 2.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/yahoo.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70371-jump.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dance01.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/proud_jamaica.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bannana_purple.gif

Comment

Fans of the New York Football Giants have a unique relationship with their team...I suspect that is partly because the team has been owned by the same family since a wily old bookmaker named Tim Mara bought a professional football franchise in 1925...and just as ownership has been passed from generation to generation, the fans' allegiance is passed from generation to generation....it's not uncommon for the "owner" of season tickets (which are very hard to get) to be long dead, his tickets now being used by his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren......season tickets are handed down in wills, and fought over in divorce courts.....

I'm a Giant fan because my father was....

Because of certain strange contractual issues, there were times during the 1960's-70's when Giants games were not available on TV in the New York area....I distinctly remember Sundays when my father and some of his friends would pack up a cooler with beer and sandwiches and drive to a hotel outside of the New York TV market just so they could see the game.....

While the Giants have played in several NFL Championships, this is only the fourth time in the 42 year history of the Super Bowl that the Giants have competed.....so we have to treasure every one....

Comment

This was the view from our kitchen the morning of Super Bowl Sunday...

Most of America and all of the bookmakers figured the New England Patriots as heavy favorites to dominate the game......but that's OK, the Jints relished the role of underdog.....all the pressure was on the Patriots....the pressure of being what many considered one of the best teams to ever play the game...the pressure to complete only the second undefeated season in NFL history....the pressure to be the first NFL team to go 19-0......

The Giants just came to play [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/fight.gif[/img]

We watched the game at an open-air roof-top sports bar down the road from Pipers...good food, cold beer and a great crowd....I didn't bring the camera, because I didn't want to be distracted....

Watching the game was like watching two heavyweights slug it out in the middle of the ring....

But the Giants wanted it just a little bit more....

Giants Win!!!

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Giants Win!!! </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Giants Win!!!!</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>17-14!!! Giants Win!!!!</span>

<span style="color: #000099"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>GO BLUE!!!</span></span>

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

and not only did they win, they beat Beautiful Tom Bradley and the rest of America's Sweethearts...yes, the great Patriots fell short of perfection, and they fell with all the grace of a drunk fallin' off a barstool! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nahnahnay.gif[/img]

So instead of 19-0, they ended up 19-NO!

Comment

and, of course, one of my favorite Postgame traditions!

Livin' the dream!!

Comment

are there any cheap lodgings at nine mile?...anyone

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X