Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

But Where Are You Going To Eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel
    replied
    Re: But Where Are You Going To Eat?

**sigh** my move ... is so many YEARS AWAY ... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Laurel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dang - I have had 2 dutchies for 3 years now ... and still have not used them [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]

wonder what I am saving them for ??? </div></div>

So you can take them BACK home and cook in them when you make your move. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Laurel
    replied

ha ha ha Orbra ... and I am carrying down my Le Cruset one pot and one cover at a time ... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/dance01.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Grandmother
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Q.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I've heard about cooking and aluminum is a connection to Altzheimer's, also it was using aluminum for boiling things.
    For some reason I think there was a different effect when used for frying/sauteeing/roasting.

Needs more research... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] </div></div>

Dave sorry for mashin your post, but Ms. M. and I discussed this before, but I still bought a small one any way. I loved it until my movers (another story) deemed it undesirable. But any of us eating on the roads at local places eat from these pots, fry, roasted, sauteed, and boiled, one pot cook. I made some really tasty Red Pea Soup, and melt in your mouth fried chicken in mine. Research is needed.

But like you I love them, can't wait to purchase in all sizes, when I move there.

Leave a comment:

• DiamondDave
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Laurel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dang - I have had 2 dutchies for 3 years now ... and still have not used them [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]

wonder what I am saving them for ??? </div></div>

bookends? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/throwstone.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Laurel
    replied

dang - I have had 2 dutchies for 3 years now ... and still have not used them [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]

wonder what I am saving them for ???

Leave a comment:

• QK13
    replied

What I've heard about cooking and aluminum is a connection to Altzheimer's, also it was using aluminum for boiling things.
    For some reason I think there was a different effect when used for frying/sauteeing/roasting.

Needs more research... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

I got my Dutchie here in the states at either an estate sale or flea market. It is cast iron and awesome. Much heavier than the Jamaica ones. It is old and will out live me by a lifetime or 3. I have 2 others that I got here and are the cast aluminum.

Leave a comment:

• DiamondDave
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm sure they're cast aluminum </div></div>

Ok, that would make sense [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

MissM, I hadn't heard about the health issues...get one anyway [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Vi, I try to relate my feelings about Nine Mile as best I can, but it still doesn't come close...

Wanda, Ja Jewels yard is too chill [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Skelly, just make a mental note for yourself....the next time you open one of my trip reports, sit back from the keyboard! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]...yeah, the dumplins were nice...and if you have one of those signs in your kitchen, then your kitchen is either too much fun or too much trouble! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• julie*mango
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I have one of these in my kitchen [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/desdentado.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• julie*mango
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But where are you going to eat?

</div></div>

Dave you owe me a keyboard, I just ruined it with my drool because of this pic.

Bwoy di dumplin dem look pretty eeh [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• wandaweberg
    replied

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Vi
    replied

Really enjoyed your journey Diamond Dave. Always look forward to Dave & Pooh experience pon the rock. Especially your visits to Nine Mile. No one has wrote about their visits there with some much feeling and soul satisfaction. Your pictures were great…particularly that chicken in the dutchie!!! YUM!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

Yeah I remember reading some long ting bout it a couple years ago, and I said [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] Everything I eat in Jamaica cooked in one of those pots, and I had my run in with that and don't want to go back....but I didn't want to mash up your post Dave, and I am still going to get one,because I never saw chicken in US look so good.

Leave a comment:

• jaith
    replied

i'm sure they're cast aluminum

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X