Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

no desire to toot my own horn. i do appreciate the reminder and have now sent my second offering.

it is a wonderful cause. thank you, Sistah D and Tuff Gong.

much love and respect to you both. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Don't believe everything you think.

If ignorance is bliss, why are more people not happy?

Comment

(((bink))) (((Englan))) This is the best Valentines' ever!! Sharing from one's heart! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
      in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

Thanks for this opportunity to be of real assistance, and giant ups to ((((SisD, TuffG, and everyone who gives a bit of their hard-earned $)))
        'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects
        all indirectly' MLK Jr 4/16/63 Birmingham Jail letter

Comment

Thanks Bink, OchiGal and IgglesFan.
          <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
          - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Little more news!

For those of you in the Toronto area... I will be involved with the Canada Domino League Black History Month Tournament and Essay Writing Competition being held at the Marcus Garvey Centre, 160 Rivalda Rd (afternoon/evening) for those who may wish to not only have a fun time... but give a donation towards the fund. (receipts will be available)

Added bonus! You get to meet not only myself, [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but a few other illustrious Board Members while supporting a great cause! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Please note: that Xavier & jamaicans.com have also made a contribution to the prizes being presented to the youth in recognition of their composition efforts.

Comment

*** ...9 days left... don't wait until the last minute!

Comment

The last minute is almost here!! There's just a little more than 24 hours left to submit your donations for the SITS fundraiser!

Totals to date will be posted next week (collected from PayPal, via mail and in person)

A report is also pending to cover the actual presentation to Diane, Alston and their Family in mid-March.

For those of you who have already shown your generosity, we thank you for your part in helping this family to help themselves.

For those yet to donate... it's not too late! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

what is the amount yollected so far as much as you are aware.
                  Can you send it to me by PM Sis?

Thanks
                  Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

((DrD)) As of two weeks ago it totalled $175.00 US

Since we reopened the PayPal account, there have been approx 10 more donations... I won't have the new total for a couple days (closing February 28th).

The amount collected to date, will enable the mother to purchase a machine to help her make leather goods for re-sale ($100 US) and supplies. Hopefully there will be a nice amount left to put towards the kids / school supplies etc.

Comment

OK. thanks.
                      Check the reciepts now.
                      Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Much appreciated (((Dr.D)))

Reminder... this is the last day, let's make a difference for this family!

'Nother reminder... If anyone has any messages to pass on to the family, this is also the time to send them to me for printing in time for the presentation.

Comment

At the end of December 2003, after four months of on-line donation availability, we announced that our SonsInTheStreet collection had totalled $175.00 US .

At the beginning of February, new arrangements were initiated to formally deliver and present this collection to Alston's family, however, through the renewed interest of many members the account was re-activated, and a last minute plea for contributions commenced on Valentine's Day.

Yesterday afternoon I took a little walk, to clear my head and give my pup some much needed attention and exercise... when I returned, naturally checked my emails.

I don't think anyone could have been more shocked, delighted, stunned at the results of this incredible demonstration of love, caring, generosity and respect than I was!

Mere words simply cannot adequately express how I feel, or most especially how I felt last evening, however, it is my great privilege and honour to provide all of you, and humbly thank you, on behalf of ja.com, TuffGong, myself, and particulary Diane, Alston and his brothers and sisters for this amazing contribution towards their future.

Of particular note, I extend more personal thanks to Xavier not only for his enabling us to establish the collection on line through jamaicans.com, but also for his personal contribution; and to another member in particular for his spectacular donation, much love to you both!

From the information provided to me last evening by Xavier, the grand total which will be forwarded to Alston's family March 18th..... is the magical number of $900.00 US

ja.commers' you ARE AMAZING!!! I am blessed and proud to be a part of this community.

Comment

Originally posted by SistahD:
                            [qb]

ja.commers' you ARE AMAZING!!! I am blessed and proud to be a part of this community
                            [/qb]
                            Bwoy...Me second DAT!!!!!

Comment

Suddenly! From mere church marisupals to staunch golden urbanites, the pricely sum of US$900 and growing.

Great stuff SistahD, Tuffy and Xavier and all contributors and well wishers.

Lets hope the money will be managed accordingly and that not like what so many beneficiaries do, it is not squandered at Bingo parties or on cardboard makeshift poker tables where so many street boys gamble away their beggings in Urban Jamaica today.
                              Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

Comment

wow that is fantastic!!!!!!!
                                Really proud to be part of this [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This amount should hopefully be able to transform this family's life and allow the mother to become self-sufficent....

I am overwhelmed by the response...
                                Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X