Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Evening ((TuffGong)) ((BND)) ((Q))

As I mentionned to Q3210 earlier this evening, I will try make some phone calls in the morning to the parties TG has indicated to speed this up and get the 'presentation' finalized.

I agree, the funds were solicited and collected for the benefit and purposes of one family's needs and that should be maintained. For a variety of reasons, I also think it unwise to just hand over the cash without ensuring the funds collected are applied towards their intended purpose.

Will fill you in on any progress tomorrow.
    http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
    in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

If any fanfare presentation, please let the beneficiary be not made public, but for the possible administrator.
      Hmmm!
      Wonders why would there be any volunteer administrator who`s time would be the 1st cost.
      Andrew Smith seems utterly clueless.
      He promises to have solutions `tomorrrow` and it never comes. He too is in a quagmire as what to do with funds. Anti climax so far after all the hoopla.
      Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

Comment

((Q)) the intention is for a private presentation... the main reason Andrew is included is that a) he helped us with the background in initiating the project and b) because it was his story that brought it to our attention, he wants to do a follow-up story on the 'results' (I would imagine showing how their life has improved or progressed with a little help and hope)

Comment

BND, SisD, Q, and other interested parties, I am pretty sure we would not mind Q hanging onto the funds a little longer just to see if Mr. Smith could get it together.

This is an aside, not really for this matter, but since it is in my head I might as well say it.
          If we ever have an opportunity to do anything like this again, I would like to see a sort of Grameen Bank or revolving loan scheme, where we raise some seed money, identify an individual with an economic project that needs financing, give a loan to get off it off the ground.
          That project will then put some of the earnings back into the micro-bank, which will then be ready to tackle the next need.
          We could partner with an established bank, lending institution or charity to make more capable.
          <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
          - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Sounds sane and sound, Tuffy. If the beneficiary does well and doesn`t squander, it will give encouragement to all to continue helping until some break even and profit is gained by the lucky person(s).
            What we needed from the begining was an administrator.
            Thanks for the emailing Tuffy. Glad to have you guys around, SistaD too I hope we`ll hear something positive soon.
            Let freedom and peace abide, the sun shine, and your love beside me with you everytime.

Comment

I like that idea as well ((TG)) I think it would be great if the 'Sons' fund concept could be used ongoing to help other 'sons'.

Comment

News... I just got off the phone with Mr. Dawkins at the IOJ.

Apparently when we started our original quest last fall, 'Diane' was being given assistance through the Halfway Tree Youth Centre... and has since moved from that area.

I've provided him with (Q's) number... so Q listen for that phone to ring (I just left you a message). Mr. Dawkins will speak with the people at the Halfway Tree Youth Centre and see if they can track 'Diane' and the family... and hopefully resolve this matter today.

Comment

Great idea ((Tuff Gong))... I am with you on that!!!!

Also thanks for the update Sistah.. appreciate all of your involvement as well...

and Q.....you know i think the world of you... and greatly appreciate the time you take from your busy life and job to handle this.....I hope this is all finalized soon..... if i could help more in the leg work.. you know that i would..
                  A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

Comment

Originally posted by SistahD:
                    [qb] News... I just got off the phone with Mr. Dawkins at the IOJ.

Apparently when we started our original quest last fall, 'Diane' was being given assistance through the Halfway Tree Youth Centre... and has since moved from that area.

I've provided him with (Q's) number... so Q listen for that phone to ring (I just left you a message). Mr. Dawkins will speak with the people at the Halfway Tree Youth Centre and see if they can track 'Diane' and the family... and hopefully resolve this matter today. [/qb]
                    Knowing Jamaicans here is what I think is happening the People at the IOJ with other persons reading the story helped this lady out.
                    The lady having no cause to think that she would be getting anything else has found a spot to live, picked up her business activity and has gotten back into the daily grind as best she can.

I don't think she would necessarily be calling the IOJ daily to seek funds and the IOJ having to deal with their mission possibly had no time to actively keep up with her, so she has fallen off the radar.

Hopefully we can locate her and will be able to add this little help to whatever she is able to do for herself.

Now all is not loss if we allow ourselves one more month to actively locate her and we cannot then with the members here we can kick the funds into another area of need.

It is not easy to help people in Jamaica because of all the red tape, the broken post office and difficulty of moving around especially in certain areas. Q or Mr. Smith cannot just walk into certain neighbourhoods asking about this family.

I suggest that if we don't find her in two weeks we send a letter to the editor and try a Bawl Out on Laing and Company (that about all that 3 hour of trash is good for anyway).

There is a story here that will illustrate just how difficult it is to organize and help needy people in Jamaica unless you are a big registered charity like Food For the Poor:

Still no help for acid victim

By LEIGHTON WILLIAMS, Staff Reporter

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/...ews/news2.html

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
                    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

((TG))) Sad to see people trying to help people... and having such great difficulty... even more sad that those who really need the assistance have such difficulty to receive.

Comment

Discouraging... but lets keep positive... we either find her in time and get the funds to her.. or we reroute them to someone equally in need....

Hold on Q and dont spend the money!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

Comment

[qb] ((TG))) Sad to see people trying to help people... and having such great difficulty... even more sad that those who really need the assistance have such difficulty to receive. [/qb]
                          That is why we who love it, we who live it and some whe run lef it muss try change it.

Comment

Originally posted by BND1999:
                            [qb] Discouraging... but lets keep positive... we either find her in time and get the funds to her.. or we reroute them to someone equally in need....

[/qb]
                            Well it is not such a bad thing if the reason why we cannot find her is because she is doing well, but I suspect that even if she has made some forward progress she could use our little help.

Comment

The presentation has been made (today) -details to follow!

Special thanks to ((((((((Q3210))))))))) for his local persistence and dedication to finalize this project on our behalf - we certainly could not have done this without you!!

And to all of YOU who have helped keep us strong throughout this endeavour, and who have donated or assisted in other ways, thank you as well.

(((Xavier))) yuh knoa!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[qb] The presentation has been made (today) -details to follow!

Special thanks to ((((((((Q3210))))))))) for his local persistence and dedication to finalize this project on our behalf - we certainly could not have done this without you!!

And to all of YOU who have helped keep us strong throughout this endeavour, and who have donated or assisted in other ways, thank you as well.

(((Xavier))) yuh knoa!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/qb]
                                Good glad to know that the lady finally get the likkle smalls.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X