Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blueingreen:
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    ..but I'm almost on the verge of a migrain!!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    you wont get any sympathy here [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by remo:
      [qb]
      Originally posted by blueingreen:
      you wont get any sympathy here [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [/qb]
      Not asking anyone to waste their sorrows on me, and what's with the angry face? My honesty too brutal for ya?

Ready for my close-up Ms. Spielberg.

xxbig

Comment

[qb]
        Originally posted by remo:
        [qb]
        Originally posted by blueingreen:
        you wont get any sympathy here [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [/qb]
        Not asking anyone to waste their sorrows on me, and what's with the angry face? My honesty too brutal for ya?

Ready for my close-up Ms. Spielberg.

xxbig [/qb]
        no problem with your honesty
        but please dont insinuate that those of us who showed a genuine interest to help this poor lady was doing so disingenuously.
        You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

I am still waiting for an answer from the reporter, but I think it wont be before Monday most people still respect the weekends in Jamaica.

Hopefully we might be able to help a little.

Peace.
          <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
          - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

no problem with your honesty
            but please dont insinuate that those of us who showed a genuine interest to help this poor lady was doing so disingenuously.
            ((Remo))..please....get a grip!!

xxbig

Comment

[QB]
              I've also been there many times giving support to individuals in Africa
              Nuff respect for this sistah, anyone can see she's a highly intelligent, a caring and thoughtful person...but if I see another post about her "African" experience, or Africa this, Africa that, I'll rip every strand of hair out of my entire body. Enough already...move on!!!!

The only reason I mention Africa in this post is the for the comparison I am able to make with the situation felt by some in Jamaica. I wasn't aware that that I dwelled on my (your words) 'African' experience. I still have plenty more to experience. Do you have a problem with Africa? I could mention China, Australia, Eastern European countries, even the UK if it will make you feel better, but I can't really compare those experiences with AFRICA
              The grass is always greener on the other side, that is until you get there

Comment

Tuff Gong:

By the time you get back, hopefully I will have some answers too. Have a good weekend.

Comment

Good...finally some efficiency instead of BS tales!! Please, if there is a way to get the monies across without using Paypal, that would really be good for me. Thanks.

xxbig

Comment

The Writer have written to me again:

Mr. ....,

Thank you and your members for your response. I met ..... via her son at the
                    Institute of Jamaica's Half Way Tree Junior Centre. Therefore any response
                    re: contributions will be routed through them. This will ensure
                    accountability and monitoring. I can give my word that the people at the IOJ
                    Junior Centre are reliable and are looking out for the street children and
                    their families, so any contribution made will go towards ...... I will be
                    meeting with them on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon to coordinate the
                    response to the article so that ....is assisted properly. Please e-mail me
                    if your group is still interested in helping, so that we can include your
                    contribution in the discussions. I can also confirm that the family is
                    genuine and that the needs are very real.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

xxxxxx

&gt; -----Original Message-----
                    &gt; From: *****
                    &gt; Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 3:45 PM
                    &gt; To: *****
                    &gt; Subject: Re: "Sons on the Street"
                    &gt;
                    &gt; Good Evening *****,
                    &gt; My name is ****** I am a member of a discussion board called:
                    &gt; jamaicans.com
                    &gt;
                    &gt; Your story was copied from the online version of the gleaner and posted
                    &gt; in
                    &gt; the political forum of the Bulletin Board here:
                    &gt;
                    &gt; http://www.jamaicans.com/ubb/ultimat...;f=11;t=001554
                    &gt;
                    &gt; Some members have come up with the idea to help her with this money.
                    &gt; I would first like to verify that family in this story is true and
                    &gt; secondly
                    &gt; if the lady will accept this gift to do whatever she can with it.
                    &gt; This of course is not an offer of continual support or personal
                    &gt; involvement,
                    &gt; we will not worry about the disposal of the money except only to verify
                    &gt; that there is :
                    &gt; A. that there is the family
                    &gt; B. a genuine need
                    &gt;
                    &gt; So if you will please communicate with the lady to see if and how best
                    &gt; this
                    &gt; can be achieved, we would be most grateful.
                    &gt; Thanks very much for your help in this matter.
                    &gt;
                    &gt; Please also understand that any or all communication on this specific
                    &gt; issue
                    &gt; except for actual names, identities and or addresses may or may not be
                    &gt; posted on the public section of the jamaicans.com Bulletin Board.
                    &gt;
                    &gt; ****&gt;
                    &gt;
                    &gt;
                    &gt; ----- Original Message -----
                    &gt; From: ******
                    &gt; ******
                    &gt; Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 5:58 PM
                    &gt; Subject: "Sons on the Street"
                    &gt;
                    &gt;
                    &gt; Mr. *****
                    &gt;
                    &gt; My name is **** *****, the reporter who wrote the story "Sons on the
                    &gt; Street". You may e-mail me regarding any queries which you may have.
                    &gt;
                    &gt;
                    &gt; Yours truly,
                    &gt;
                    &gt; **** ****
                    So I will email him and let him know that it is still on.

I will give US$75. Some members have already made some kind of commitment, bear in mind depending on the method by which the money will be sent there is likely to be others fees equal or greater than your individual contributions.

This is totally voluntary and we can decide among ourselves whether we want to send the money to one person who will hand it over in Jamaicans. com/Marcia's Name or individually in you own name as a member of Jamaicans.com.

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
                    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Hi TG: some questions for you
                      a. what is the best way to transfer money?
                      b. who should we give the money to?
                      c. where shall we send it?
                      d. are we going to give it collectively or as individual donations? me personally i would like to give as a collective from JA.com/Marcia rather from myself, but it is up to how all other contributors feel.
                      The grass is always greener on the other side, that is until you get there

Comment

Originally posted by kumba1:
                        [qb] Hi TG: some questions for you
                        a. what is the best way to transfer money?
                        b. who should we give the money to?
                        c. where shall we send it?
                        d. are we going to give it collectively or as individual donations? me personally i would like to give as a collective from JA.com/Marcia rather from myself, but it is up to how all other contributors feel. [/qb]
                        I am waiting till the writer contacts me again.
                        I suspect that it will be after the Tues/Wed meetings he his going to have with the institute.

So just hold tight and lets see how it shakes out.
                        Peace!

Comment

Right on *fist held high*

xxbig

Comment

Comment

Tuff Gong:

Can we please have the contact info for the Halfway Tree Youth Centre.

Here is the reponse I received from Jamaica Self-Help:

Dear Tropicana:

Thanks for your message - I can't offer much directly at the moment, but I will forward my message to our partners in Jamaica to see if they have any suggestions.

I'll be back on touch when I hear back from them.
                              I will let them know that the boy is at the Halfway Tree Youth Centre and also give them the contact at the Gleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana:
                                [qb] Tuff Gong:

Can we please have the contact info for the Halfway Tree Youth Centre.

Here is the reponse I received from Jamaica Self-Help:

Dear Tropicana:

Thanks for your message - I can't offer much directly at the moment, but I will forward my message to our partners in Jamaica to see if they have any suggestions.

I'll be back on touch when I hear back from them.
                                I will let them know that the boy is at the Halfway Tree Youth Centre and also give them the contact at the Gleaner. [/qb]
                                I don't know the address for the Institute of Jamaica's Half Way Tree Junior Centre, but here is the address for the Institute proper. Calling them might get you the information on the Junior Centre.

Institute Of Jamaica
                                Director's Ofc
                                12 East St.........................922-0620
                                Downtown, Kingston
                                Or...............................948-8114-9

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X