Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Tuff Gong
    I take it your source did not get back to you as yet?
    You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

HA!!

xxbig

Comment

Originally posted by remo:
        [qb] Tuff Gong
        I take it your source did not get back to you as yet? [/qb]
        It is not my Source per se it is the writer of the article.

I posted that he was having a meeting with the IOJ-JC on Tuesday and Today Wednesday.

He has since sent me an email here is the contents:
        Hello ****,

I met with IOJ personnel yesterday, and we have another meeting today to tie
        - up logistics re: response to the article. You should hear from this week,
        as I forwarded the links to the site earlier on. We will keep in touch

> -----Original Message-----
        > From: **** ***** [**** *****]
        > Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 9:19 AM
        > To: **** *****
        > Subject: Re: "Sons on the Street"
        >
        > Good Afternoon **** *****,
        > Thanks for your response.
        > Yes we are still interested.
        > It would be handy if the IOJ could log onto the site following this link:
        >
        > http://www.jamaicans.com/ubb/ultimat...;f=11;t=001554
        >
        > or here
        >
        > http://www.jamaicans.com/
        >
        > and tell us something more about the way in which this will be support
        > will
        > be directed.
        > Whether they will have central bank account or how can we get the support
        > to
        > them.
        >
        > I have posted the letters from you to me sans the names in thread about
        > the
        > stories, so it is possible for them to answer us there.
        > Thanks very much again
        >
        >****
        >
        >
        > **** *****
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: "**** *****" <**** *****>
        > To: "'**** *****'" <**** *****>
        > Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 12:31 PM
        > Subject: RE: "Sons on the Street"
        >
        >
        > **** *****,
        >
        > Thank you and your members for your response. I met **** via her son at
        > the
        > Institute of Jamaica's Half Way Tree Junior Centre. Therefore any response
        > re: contributions will be routed through them. This will ensure
        > accountability and monitoring. I can give my word that the people at the
        > IOJ
        > Junior Centre are reliable and are looking out for the street children and
        > their families, so any contribution made will go towards Diane. I will be
        > meeting with them on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon to coordinate the
        > response to the article so that Diane is assisted properly. Please e-mail
        > me
        > if your group is still interested in helping, so that we can include your
        > contribution in the discussions. I can also confirm that the family is
        > genuine and that the needs are very real.
        >
        > Hoping to hear from you soon,
        >
        > **** *****
        >
        > > -----Original Message-----
        > > From: prodigal [SMTP:**** *****]
        > > Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 3:45 PM
        > > To: **** *****
        > > Subject: Re: "Sons on the Street"
        > >
        > > Good Evening **** *****,
        > > My name is **** ***** I am a member of a discussion board called:
        > > jamaicans.com
        > >
        > > Your story was copied from the online version of the gleaner and posted
        > > in
        > > the political forum of the Bulletin Board here:
        > >
        > > http://www.jamaicans.com/ubb/ultimat...;f=11;t=001554
        > >
        > > Some members have come up with the idea to help her with this money.
        > > I would first like to verify that family in this story is true and
        > > secondly
        > > if the lady will accept this gift to do whatever she can with it.
        > > This of course is not an offer of continual support or personal
        > > involvement,
        > > we will not worry about the disposal of the money except only to verify
        > > that there is :
        > > A. that there is the family
        > > B. a genuine need
        > >
        > > So if you will please communicate with the lady to see if and how best
        > > this
        > > can be achieved, we would be most grateful.
        > > Thanks very much for your help in this matter.
        > >
        > > Please also understand that any or all communication on this specific
        > > issue
        > > except for actual names, identities and or addresses may or may not be
        > > posted on the public section of the jamaicans.com Bulletin Board.
        > >
        > > ****
        > >
        > >
        > > ----- Original Message -----
        > > From: "**** *****" <**** *****>
        > > To: <**** *****>
        > > Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 5:58 PM
        > > Subject: "Sons on the Street"
        > >
        > >
        > > **** *****,
        > >
        > > My name is **** *****, the reporter who wrote the story "Sons on the
        > > Street". You may e-mail me regarding any queries which you may have.
        > >
        > >
        > > Yours truly,
        > >
        > > **** *****
        I was hoping the persons responsible at the IOJ-JC would log on a give us suggestions on how we can deliver their contributions. The best thing to do it to wait till after this meeting, to see what goes on!

Peace
        <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
        - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

thanks
          You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

((TuffGong)) I've also sent a request to another group I know for possible assistance. (hope I haven't overstepped)

Franciscan Ministries
            Franciscan Sisters of Allegany, Region IV - Jamaica
            Immaculate Conception Convent
            PO Box 1654
            Kingston 8
            Jamaica, West Indies

e-mail - [email protected]
            http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
            in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

Originally posted by SistahD:
              [qb] ((TuffGong)) I've also sent a request to another group I know for possible assistance. (hope I haven't overstepped) [/qb]
              Why would you think so?
              I suppose any help from any person(s) or organization would do the trick!

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
              - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Originally posted by SistahD:
                [qb] ((TuffGong)) I've also sent a request to another group I know for possible assistance. (hope I haven't overstepped)

Franciscan Ministries
                Franciscan Sisters of Allegany, Region IV - Jamaica
                Immaculate Conception Convent
                PO Box 1654
                Kingston 8
                Jamaica, West Indies

e-mail - [email protected] [/qb]
                Why would you think so?
                I suppose any help from any person(s) or organization would do the trick!
                ((SisD))

Oh great!! Bring the Catholics into it..and rightly so, they've always been known for their "good charity". Maybe they can help out with the schooling/education of the children. What do you think? After all, it is "Immaculate Conception", one of, if not the most prestigious/respected school in all of Jamaica.

Honestly, and I do mean this sincerely without the sarcasm (which I know I'm full of, among other things), I would love to see "Diane's" daughters in that white uniform. They are still in "WHITE" aren't they? But we all know that will never happen don't we?

I know at this time, I appear to be the dark cloud over this "project", but unlike some who have made their intentions known about their exact, and almost exact amount of contributions, which I find extremely tacky, with other silly insignifcant reasonings/arguments/postings, that at this point, if I pinpointed them, would only result in more "B.I.G. BASHING"; I truly hope that this thread does follows through with its promise to assist to this woman and her children.

Referring to my original post, "will it really help? Am I mean?" Judging from Tropicana's research, I've come to the conclusion, that I'm just a little more realistic than most.

Speaking of being real..how many members are on this .com? Hmmmm..strange, only a handful have responded.

xxbig

Comment

all the lady said she needed was $10000J
                  you will always mistreat that which you misdiagnose.

Comment

Originally posted by jaith:
                    [qb] all the lady said she needed was $10000J [/qb]
                    Mi knoa, but some pple want to put in hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds, (tacky, tacky, tacky!!!!), and some ppl just want to poas just feh poas, and chat 'bout damn foolishness..and ask pure fool fool question. ...I have mine, and waiting to submit.

xxbig

Comment

Originally posted by blueingreen:
                      [qb]
                      Speaking of being real..how many members are on this .com? Hmmmm..strange, only a handful have responded.

xxbig [/qb]
                      we have in excess of 12000 members but I would guess only a hand full are active.

The reason many havent responded could be because the TITLE of this thread doesnt indicate that there is a charitable operation going on here. I just happenend to stumble across this post by accident and am glad I did. I dont come to this forum often.

I will be following this post now and when the time comes...will be happy to help and offer my contribution too. If we are going to do something in Marcia or the sights name I think we should get Xavier involved though...just my 2 cents.

Comment

Whoa! This is like my first time in this forum this year... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Anyway TG, I'd like to help too, but I don't have a paypal account and don't wish to get one...

blue, am I reading you right, you are affronted that a member mentioned contributions in the hundreds of dollars? Why does that offend you? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                        Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ochigal:
                          The reason many havent responded could be because the TITLE of this thread doesnt indicate that there is a charitable operation going on here. I just happenend to stumble across this post by accident and am glad I did. I dont come to this forum often.
                          Let me clear up a few little things. In the first instance I posted this not to solicit contributions for the family but because it was a very well written story and took us from the lone Boy in the street to the family.
                          While replying to the comments I thought about the fact that the lady was ill with a condition that I know was very serious, plus all the other things that went on in her life and the lives of her children. I noticed that she mentioned $10000 and what she could achieve with it.

IT was BIG's challenge and Kumba1's offer that made me contact the writer.
                          I will be following this post now and when the time comes...will be happy to help and offer my contribution too.
                          Thanks....I am waiting for the writer to inform me on what method the IOJ-JC is going to use to get the money to this lady.
                          If we are going to do something in Marcia or the sights name I think we should get Xavier involved though...just my 2 cents.
                          I thought it would be a good thing to donate the money in Ms/Jamaicans.com name. As to contacting X, I would not use Ms/Jamaicans.com without him giving a green light, but at the same time I would not want him to bear the organizational overhead. So I will continue and when the information comes back from the writer that we are ready to commit I will see if X agrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya:
                            Whoa! This is like my first time in this forum this year... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
                            What happen yu push the wrong door?
                            Anyway TG, I'd like to help too, but I don't have a paypal account and don't wish to get one....
                            Don't know what method will be chosen yet. So I don't think not having a PayPal account at this point matters. Anyway PayPal is easy to set up and there are other methods to transfer money besides PayPal.

I don't think I will hear from the writer till Mid-Next, because of the long holiday between Emancipation Day and Independence Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya:
                              [qb] blue, am I reading you right, you are affronted that a member mentioned contributions in the hundreds of dollars? Why does that offend you? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [/qb]
                              ((Nunya)) you're correct..ya ain't reading me right.

xxbig

Comment

See, that's why I don't come to this forum: I get too easily confused... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
                                Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X