Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

The two most recent pieces of communication from the writer:

Letter #1

I spoke with IOJ personnel on Wednesday, and Ms. **** said that she is
    trying to e-mail you. Let me know if she has been successful.

Letter #2

I forwarded the e-mail to Ms. ****, so hopefully you will hear from her
    soon. I have been keeping tabs on the Board and I am glad - and in some ways
    overwhelmed - by the response. I didn't write the story with the intention
    of enlisting aid for her - I just felt it was something that people should
    know about. The response has encouraged me to continue writing such stories.

> -----Original Message-----
    > From: **** [**** ****]
    > Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 11:22 AM
    > To: **** ****
    > Subject: Re: "Sons on the Street"
    >
    > Good Day Mr. ****,
    > No I have not gotten any email from Ms ****.
    > my email address is:
    >
    > ****
    >
    > If she is unsuccessful give me her email address and I will send her an
    > email,
    > that way she can just reply to the same address.
    > Thanks again for your efforts.
    > Have you looked at the posting on the Board about the story?
    >
    > ****
    >
    >
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: "**** ****" <**** >
    > To: "'****'" <****>
    > Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 2:24 PM
    > Subject: RE: "Sons on the Street"
    >
    >
    > ****,
    >
    > I spoke with IOJ personnel on Wednesday, and Ms. **** said that she is
    > trying to e-mail you. Let me know if she has been successful.
    >
    > ****
    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya:
      [qb] See, that's why I don't come to this forum: I get too easily confused... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [/qb]
      Nunya....dont let blue scare you away.
      You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuff Gong:
        Let me clear up a few little things. In the first instance I posted this not to solicit contributions for the family but because it was a very well written story and took us from the lone Boy in the street to the family.
        While replying to the comments I thought about the fact that the lady was ill with a condition that I know was very serious, plus all the other things that went on in her life and the lives of her children. I noticed that she mentioned $10000 and what she could achieve with it.

IT was BIG's challenge and Kumba1's offer that made me contact the writer.
        Wait a tick, when did I challenge anyone? I asked a couple of questions....see below:

Originally posted by blueingreen:
        [qb] Would it really help giving this woman $10,000? I mean, I don't want to sound as if I have no compassion, but condoms would have been cheaper. Am I a mean person?

xxbig [/qb]
        Tuff Gong...beg yuh check the replies to this thread please, or in your own words.."did you read this thread carefully?" Who made the comment about "putting money where mouth is"..yada yada?

Tropicana stepped in and posted her research, which should have cleard up the birth control issue among other things. But naaaaah!!!!

It appears to me that SOME people on this here .com aren't truly happy unless they're bragging or posting about some dumb BS. I could go ahead and pick apart every posting on this thread, but I have no time for childish games. Just be quite and get on with the business at hand! Why is your life experience relevant to this topic? Why do people have to be called names? Who gives a damn about the amount of your contribution? Just put up or shut up. Last but not least, if you're so damn well travelled, how the hell are you NOT experienced in World Banking, Wire transfers, etc., etc., ..Ya see BS!

To talk about money publicly is one of the most offensive things to me. Charity is just that. I have the right to make my donations privately, however I see fit, like I have been doing most of my adult life. It's my private affair and therefore I don't have to justify or divulge any information to anyone, except the IRS. And by talking so publicly about it, confirms the amount of BS'ers.

xxbig

Comment

[qb]
          Let me clear up a few little things. In the first instance I posted this not to solicit contributions for the family but because it was a very well written story and took us from the lone Boy in the street to the family.
          While replying to the comments I thought about the fact that the lady was ill with a condition that I know was very serious, plus all the other things that went on in her life and the lives of her children. I noticed that she mentioned $10000 and what she could achieve with it.

IT was BIG's challenge and Kumba1's offer that made me contact the writer.
          Wait a tick, when did I challenge anyone? I asked a couple of questions....see below:

[qb] Would it really help giving this woman $10,000? I mean, I don't want to sound as if I have no compassion, but condoms would have been cheaper. Am I a mean person?

xxbig [/qb]
          Tuff Gong...beg yuh check the replies to this thread please, or in your own words.."did you read this thread carefully?" Who made the comment about "putting money where mouth is"..yada yada?

Tropicana stepped in and posted her research, which should have cleard up the birth control issue among other things. But naaaaah!!!!

It appears to me that SOME people on this here .com aren't truly happy unless they're bragging or posting about some dumb BS. I could go ahead and pick apart every posting on this thread, but I have no time for childish games. Just be quite and get on with the business at hand! Why is your life experience relevant to this topic? Why do people have to be called names? Who gives a damn about the amount of your contribution? Just put up or shut up. Last but not least, if you're so damn well travelled, how the hell are you NOT experienced in World Banking, Wire transfers, etc., etc., ..Ya see BS!

To talk about money publicly is one of the most offensive things to me. Charity is just that. I have the right to make my donations privately, however I see fit, like I have been doing most of my adult life. It's my private affair and therefore I don't have to justify or divulge any information to anyone, except the IRS. And by talking so publicly about it, confirms the amount of BS'ers.

xxbig [/qb]
          noted thanks!

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
          - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

[/QUOTE]Nunya....dont let blue scare you away. [/QB][/QUOTE]

See what I'm talking about? ((Remo))..dearest dahling, love of my life...you're scary enough for the both of us.

How's that..now I believe my nappy needs changing.

xxbig

Comment

noted thanks! [/QB]
              Tsk..tsk..btw. Damn!!! I find you an extreme **** **!! Friday nite...cannot put this one off again..I feel so guilty as it is..nitey nite..

Nitey nite Remo

Love always and forever.

xxbig

Comment

Awww..no more lashings? Kinda disappointed. K then..going to dry my hair and put on a little make-up. Hope a get a good one before I go out. In the words of Rick James "Give it to me baby.."

xxbig

Comment

Modifying my post as I have now been given permission to post the information that I was given I don't post PM info without permission. Thanks Libby. I will hold off until I hear from you until I call on Monday:

Originally Posted by Libby T

Re: Medical Socail Work Dept.
                  I rang & spoke to the new Chief social worker, a very nice lady called Ms. Fay Duncan. Her driect line is 977 4976.
                  She will be getting back to me with email contact as she doesn't have one yet but other office workers do.

Re: St.Andrew Settlement.

This is still open but Mr.Levy did pass away.
                  As luck wouldhave it, Ms.Duncan attends the At.Andrew Church so is going to get contact info for that as well.

She will get back to me sometime next week. Its a holiday today (emancipation day).

I'll be back asap
                  Blessings
                  Libby
                  Hopefully, we can coordiante some efforts to get some tangible help that will make a difference to this family.

Great work SistahD. With 8 children, this family will need all the help it can get.

Blueingreen, I am not quite following why you are upset.

Referring to my original post, "will it really help? Am I mean?" Judging from Tropicana's research, I've come to the conclusion, that I'm just a little more realistic than most.
                  Yes it makes it really tough to help when parents have been irresponsible but the children are here already. I am with you re: the birth control Certainly, someone needs to educate the mother regarding this aspect of the problem. I agree. If she has another 3 or 4 or 6, it won't help and whatever resources are collected won't go very far. However, we we cannot dwell on that aspect of the problem in trying to help this boy and his siblings at this time.

Speaking of being real..how many members are on this .com? Hmmmm..strange, only a handful have responded.
                  You know what, we can't focus on that. A family is in need. People are trying to help. At this point, IMHO, that's all that counts. Just handing people money is not a long term solution. If we can get this woman to develop some skills and have a small business of some kind I think that will be more viable. We also have to look at the boy and ensure that he is plugged into the right educational and skill development resources so that this problem does not keep repeating itself with every generation. Let's see what we can do to help.

Comment

Well done Tropicana!

As far as why I'm so upset..let me just put it this way...I don't like BS conversations, and I do not appreciate any preconceived bloody notions about me.

Yeah..I have a warped sense of humour, that most people don't get, but I do know that in the virtual world, that the words you/we type may take on different meaning, because you're not sitting in front of the person you're communicating with, witnessing the body language, and it's not a telephone conversation either. But to be attacked for no reason at all, except for the fact that maybe I'm too honest, and then told it's not that, it's this....and the rest of the BS, BS, BS, BS!!!!..*long sigh*...aye sah!! I wish I could type the entire word!!

Now I've had enough!!!! This thread is spilling over into my REAL life, where I'm beating up on my dates, etc. I should not have logged on here before I went out last night. Good thing he's a nice guy, twisted the entire thing around, so much so, that it turned out to be a pretty fun night. He was soooo sweet, and he made fun of the situation and you lot, then it was forgotten, until now. But I still kept beating him up for some reason [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] , and most likely to continue, when I whip his butt this evening at tennis. But anyway, that's enough of my personal life, and what I consider "TMI" or BS information.

I'll say this one more time....let's get on with it!!!! Someone put out the "CHALLENGE", AND IT SURE AS HELL WASN'T ME, to help this woman and her 9 kids. LET'S GET THE JOB DONE, AND ENOUGH WITH THE BS ALREADY!!

xxbig

Comment

Okay we are about ready to go.
                      This is the latest communication I have received, this time from one of the principals involved in helping the family.

After she has replied giving me permission to post the names we will essentially be ready.

----- Original Message -----
                      To: &lt;***** *****&gt;
                      Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 12:26 PM
                      Subject: Response from the Institute of Jamaica.

Greetings,
                      Thank you for the interest that you have shown, I sent
                      a mail previously and it was returned , however I am
                      trying again. Should you have any donations please
                      send it to the Institute of Jamaica, 10-16 East
                      Street,Kingston. The Email addres for the IOJ is
                      [email protected] Should you require
                      additional information you may direct same (via Email)
                      to Mr ***** *****Acting Director, Development and
                      Public Relations, or ***** *****Financial Controller.
                      The web site for the IOJ is
                      www.instituteofjamaica.org.jm
                      You my also Email me at ***** *****
                      Best Wishes and Thank you.
                      My reply

Good Day ***** *****,
                      I am sorry I took so long to reply.
                      So busy.
                      Don't know what happened the other day but I did not receive that email
                      obviously because it bounced, anyway did you ever get a chance to check out
                      the link to the story posted on Jamaicans.com?

Here it the link in case you want to look at it:
                      http://www.jamaicans.com/ubb/ultimat...1;t=001554;p=3

Anyway we are all rearing to go.
                      I would like to ask you if you mind me posting this and any other emails I
                      get from you on a public bulletin board including any or all of the contact
                      names, numbers and addresses you have given of will give.

After you answer then we will be ready either singly or in a group.

Thanks for your time and help in this regards.
                      Best wishes
                      I think we should proceed in this fashion:
                      <ul type="square">[*]decide among ourselves if we want to contribute as a group or individually[*]if we contribute as a group do we want it to be m/ja.com or as some members of ja.com[*]if the group method is chosen we approach X and ask his permission[*]if he permits it in whatever form, we require from him that he provides a named person or body to collect and disburse the contribution(s) on our behalf[*]that we are each free to make as many or as much contribution(s) as we want to inside and outside of the group[/list]
                      As for getting money to people or places.
                      besides aforementioned PayPal they are a few choices: <ul type="square">[*]PayPal[*]Amex Money Gram[*]Citibank C2it[*]IKOBO[*]Western Union[*]United Sates Postal Service[/list]
                      are choices that we can each or individually explore, dependant upon your locale.

Peace I hope this will work to the good!

Comment

[qb] Let me clear up a few little things. In the first instance I posted this not to solicit contributions for the family but because it was a very well written story and took us from the lone Boy in the street to the family. [/qb]
                        Oh I realize that TG...and I didnt mean to indicate that I thought thats what you were doing.

I was just responding to Blueingreens comment about not many members coming to the post...

I like what I have seen this post become. I hope it all works out. I think this sight needs more of this type of thing. It brings us all together with a wonderful goal.

Comment

I guess this is where I'd come to find out if it'll be individual donation or a collective one?

My preference is the latter.

My computer is on its last legs. I can't access any links within threads and after doing searches I usually get blocked at some point because a click is required for continuation.

So a money order will have to do for me. Which will mean that I'd need an address and payee. If you've posted this information already, forgive me but I got a little distracted by all the unrelated information from some.
                          Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Comment

I'll put through a donation.

Contributing as a group is my preference.

The logistics of transmitting the money.

- I'd rule out USPS

- Paypal would be easier, but the receiving party should have an a/c for the funds to be transferred.

- Western Union/Money Gram may be the easier since the receiving person will get the funds in JA$. Knowing who the receiving person will be...

(You have to consider that if a cheque is sent, it'll take between 6-8 wks to clear.)

Would be nice if one of the board's member(s) living in JA could act as a liasion for the Jamaica end.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya:
                              [qb]....So a money order will have to do for me. Which will mean that I'd need an address and payee. If you've posted this information already, forgive me but I got a little distracted by all the unrelated information from some. [/qb]
                              At some point I will turn on PMS so it will be easier for ones who cannot connect quickly.

If by say....Wednesday the majority of the respondents say group then I will formally ask X-Man to supply a designate to receive the contribution(s).

I am sure within a day or so the lady who is dealing with at the IOJ-JC will email me, to give me permission to publish the names. She has supplied them but I don't like to put names and contacts out there until I get specific permission. So not to worry you wont have to do much clicking.

SandiF and OchiG: Acknowledge. If a member from Jamaica want to help at that end that would be really great.

Peace

Comment

I would prefer to contribute as a group. I have used Western Union and Paypal so am familiar with both. Would we need someone to offer/elect to be the collecting and transfer point?
                                The grass is always greener on the other side, that is until you get there

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X