Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Rest In Peace Sweetssop

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my, So sorry and saddened to learn of this. I was informed today and was directed to this thread, and I wanted to pay my respects also. My condolences to the family and friends who knew her well. As I read through the posts, I did not know her real name, but 'Grace' appears to be a the name that she actually lived and walked through in her interactions with those who knew her best. She was indeed 'grace' and 'gracious'.

Rest in peace Sweetssop! Layta...
    My prayers are with her family and friends..

(((Hello everyone....))))

Walk good!,
    Silent River
    I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Comment

• Got this sad news and I am so in shock, I am feeling as if my body is in pieces...last time I spoke to Sweetsop was Christmas morning as she told me she was coming over for her gift, and yes like always we had a good laugh.
      Grace I will miss our usual Sunday calls, and yes I still have your last text message with you rubbing the greatest Grey Cup win in my face LOL.
      My friend you will feel no more pain, you are sure walking in glory land now.
      I will always remember remember the good time we had when we first met.

"RIP my friend"
      For her children, Nicky, Bre and son, I will keep you in my prayers always...
      I am too Blessed to be stressed

Comment

• Originally posted by Compry View Post
        The viewing and funeral will take place at Jerrett Funeral Home, 660 Kennedy Road, Scarborough Ontario, M1K 2B5. 416 266 4404. The viewing will be on Tuesday January 8th from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Funeral will be held on Wednesday January 9th at 12 noon. The burial will follow at Queensville Cemetery, 20778 Leslie Street, New Market, Ontario.

The family would like to thank you for all your prayers and support through this very difficult time.
        thanks, Compry. i'll come to the viewing - it's near me and i cannot make the funeral. is it okay if i bring my donation then? who should i give it to?
        <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

• Rip sweetsop

Wow. I just heard the news. I'm in shock. My deepest sympathies.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarieK View Post
            Howdy do Jazz, u know seh mi did a try reach yuh and mi all call an wake up tuffback Fern. Mi glad fi see yuh cause mi did juss put awn mi shoes fi tek plane guh Mumbai fi guh walk up an dung and cawl out yuh name till mi fine yuh. You never get an opportunity in life to hear what someone really thinks about you but I remember some years ago during wan helleva long conversation wid Grace when mi tell har seh dem a wheel mi inna di doctor office mi haffi hang up now but she keep on a talk fi 30 mins (classic Grace), where she mentioned the support she has gotten from this board and how the discord affected her somewhat. She mentioned that there were some genuine people on this board and in her own words she said "Like Jazz, dat ooman can type hello an instantly mi buss out an a laff" in her own way she was saying she enjoyed your personality and that during some tough moments your jokes and cussin awf of ppl always humored her.
            ((((((MK)))))) Thanks for sharing this (although yuh mek mi start bawl agen)...
            The absence of her presence is a palpable thing... I hope she knew how much I used to enjoy her and laugh at / with her...
            aay sah.

Jahlive is traveling but he wanted to send his love and condolences to the board and especially those who were closest to her... he was beyond shocked when I told him what happened and extremely saddened... of course it brought to mind the passing of Marcia with whom he had shared a good relationship also.
            Brukbak also sends his condolences - he said it haunted him all day after I told him the news... Amazing how many people she touched in one way or another.

You know shoes is not really a requirement in Mumbai yuh nuh - you could have come just as you are

Comment

• Thanks Peasie

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
              That email address is correct, Ja-Kid. Here's what I did from the USA:
              1. Go to WesternUnion.com
              2. Set up an account with them (they required my email, address, telephone)
              3. Set up transfer of $--- amount to Nickoya James, Toronto, Ontario (that's all the information I was asked).
              4. Indicate that I want to transfer from my bank (no fee involved)
              5. Western Union then sent me an email with information on how to set up a Bill Pay (like your utilities bill) with my bank. That information included my account number with WU.
              6. Then from my bank's web site, I set up a normal transfer bill pay.

You can track the payment and collection via WU website.

I then sent Nickoya an email with some kind words about her mom as well as the WU tracking number and amount I sent.

Nicky replied thanking me and will let me know when she picks up the money.

WOW...great to hear....I have been trying to find the time to run to a Western Union...didnt even think about looking to see if I could do it online.

Comment

• Originally posted by kia027 View Post
                Dear Boardites

Death at any time is hard but when it is unexpected, the distress is worse.
                Sweetssop was the sole breadwinner for her family and with her gone, her family needs our help to cover funeral expenses

The expenses are estimated to be about $11,000 CDN and they need about $5,000 CDN.
                If we all chip in something as a tribute to Sweetssop it will help her family greatly.

Donations can be made via Western Union or if you are in Canada, by Canada Email Transfer.

To donate via Western Union
                Nickoya James
Phone: 289-380-2294
She will be collecting it in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

To donate via Canada Email Transfer

[email protected]

Your help will be greatly appreciated by the family

EDITED TO ADD:

For those sending via Western Union, when you receive the confirmation that the $$ is ready for pickup, please email Compry at [email protected]. Compry will let Nikki know it is there for pickup.

Thanks
                was looking for this.
                “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

• Hey fam, it has been so long since I have been here. I have been so deeply sad the last few days after seeing Princess Grace has passed on. We stayed in touch after all of these years on Facebook and we had just spoken a few days before she passed. She has been my source of strength in a friend after the passing of my sister 3 years ago and she as always had encouraged me on Christmas as she did every year during my struggle. I am still in shock and I still look at my messages that she wrote to me.. she was my FRIEND. I love her dearly and will miss her soooo very much. My heart is aching yet I am so glad she is now with her sister and in the arms of the Lord.

As always, it is bittersweet coming back to a place I spent so much time.. here at Ja.com. My family, my friends, even though it has been years.. you all continue to hold a huge part of my heart.

Comment

• Big Respects to Sweets aka Grace

r.i.p Sweets. I am so sad especially since we spoke the day of her passing. She was so jovial and always made me smile. Still can't believe it at all
                    Only your friends know your secret. So only he, could reveal it!

Comment

• Thank you for your love and kindness

On behalf of Grace's family, I'd like to thank everyone for your generosity and kindness shown at this time. You have all shown how family come together in the time of need. The family now has everything in place. Thanks again for all your help.
                      I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Payment not received

Originally posted by Compry View Post
                        On behalf of Grace's family, I'd like to thank everyone for your generosity and kindness shown at this time. You have all shown how family come together in the time of need. The family now has everything in place. Thanks again for all your help.
                        HELP! I have no idea what went wrong here! I followed the instructions to a "t" and was wondering why I never saw a deduction from my bank. Now I get this message this morning :

We would like to help you complete your money transfer, but we have not received funds for your transaction. Please check with your bank and make sure the bill through WU® Pay has been paid. It may take a couple of days after you pay your WU Pay bill for us to receive payment from your bank. As soon as we receive payment we will process your transaction. Please ensure the funds are received by 20130119 or your transaction will be cancelled.
                        Last edited by Wendy; 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM.
                        <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

• when u did the billpay, what date did u bank seh dem would pay it?

possible that it just hasn't been paid yet and as this is a auto response, maybe nutten wrong with what u did.
                          “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

• Originally posted by CeaBee View Post
                            when u did the billpay, what date did u bank seh dem would pay it?

possible that it just hasn't been paid yet and as this is a auto response, maybe nutten wrong with what u did.
                            Thanks CB.. you meking sense. It did say it would be paid 1/9. But dat naah goh too late?
                            <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wendy View Post
                              Thanks CB.. you meking sense. It did say it would be paid 1/9. But dat naah goh too late?

I understand any excess will directly go to Sweets children, especially for Bre, her youngest
                              If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                              We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

• I just heard about this from another member who like myself was a regular poster. Though we never met the loss is still felt. My condolences to the family and may her soul rest in peace.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X