Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Sweetssop's Celebration of Life Service and Interment

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless you

“Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10)

Comment

Originally posted by Compry View Post

Mr. C., thank you so much for doing this. Much blessings to you.
      My pleasure; thank you.
      aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
      ~ Anon

Comment

Originally posted by sistactry View Post
        (((ChurchDude))) thank you soooo very much, thank you, thank you Pastor Maureen, thank you Lord, that we are sooo blessed to know each other, thank you for the caring, thank you for the love and thank you for the support....thank you

ChurchDude, Sweetsopp was my good good friend, and there was no way I could have made it to the funeral, and so with my heart felt gratitude, I thank you for making it in your busy schedule, to not only attend and to take these lovely pics but to orchestrate such a beautiful epilog as this to our dearly departed friend, we are blessed, and I thank you very much. I pray God bless His people and let His face to shine upon us.
        sistactry, thanks for the kind words. Seeing you were unable to make it to the funeral, I am very glad I was able to bring some of it to you. I think of this epilog as my personal tribute to Grace, and I hope it helps to bring some form of closure for those who loved and embraced her as family and friend.

~ Anon

Comment

Originally posted by applepie View Post
          RIP Grace.........Missing you....

Diplomat thanks very much for sharing.
          You're welcome

~ Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomat View Post
            sistactry, thanks for the kind words. Seeing you were unable to make it to the funeral, I am very glad I was able to bring some of it to you. I think of this epilog as my personal tribute to Grace, and I hope it helps to bring some form of closure for those who loved and embraced her as family and friend.
            It helped tremendously to put some closure and finality to a very shocking reality for all of us who loved Grace, and we are forever grateful to you and Pastor Maureen, the support and comfort from our loved ones, is a huge blessing, and a wonderful gift....thank you. You have a big and wonderful heart, God bless you.

ps. you should seriously think of writing and sharing some of your insights
            “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10)

Comment

I was asked to share this link on Grace's FB page. Mr. C., is that OK with you, if I get Nicki's approval?
              I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Compry View Post
                I was asked to share this link on Grace's FB page. Mr. C., is that OK with you, if I get Nicki's approval?
                Absolutely!

~ Anon

Comment

Final goodbye

At my age, I've bade many a friend a final farewell: my best girlfriend, Jackie my friend from age 4, my first boyfriend, my bestfriend, Newell, from AIDS, my dad in 1993, my mom just this last November 1. I didn't have the relationship with Sweetssop that many on ja.com did, but the pain felt by her passing is evident in the pictures posted here. This is something that we all have in common; we all lose someone we love and we will miss them all of the rest of the days we have on this earth.

Thanks, Churchdude.
                  Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it will become your destiny.~~Lao Tzu~~

Comment

Originally posted by queenb View Post
                    At my age, I've bade many a friend a final farewell: my best girlfriend, Jackie my friend from age 4, my first boyfriend, my bestfriend, Newell, from AIDS, my dad in 1993, my mom just this last November 1. I didn't have the relationship with Sweetssop that many on ja.com did, but the pain felt by her passing is evident in the pictures posted here. This is something that we all have in common; we all lose someone we love and we will miss them all of the rest of the days we have on this earth.

Thanks, Churchdude.
                    You're welcome. Condolences on the loss of your mom this past November.

~ Anon

Comment

Thanks for sharing the memorial with us CEW.

Comment

Churchdude even though there is a part of me that still refuses to accept that Sweets is really gone... I want to add my thanks to everyone else's for allowing us to be a part of Sweets celebratory send off.
                        Your eloquent words added so much poignance to the pictures and really gave me a sense of the atmosphere.
                        Based on what you described and the snippets of video I saw I think she would have approved... I could almost hear her comments and see her smile.

Much respect to Pastor MC - I am sure that was not an easy thing to do, but the effort you made on behalf of a friend says much about you.

In death as in life she continues to touch many...

Rest easy my friend... God said it was time for you to lay down your burdens

(((((((Sweetsop))))))

Comment

Thank you Jazz. I am still trying to come to grips with it myself. You just don't know when. Aye sah.
                          I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thank you for sharing.
                            It pleases me that although we are far and wide, in times like these, we Jamaicans really come together and support each other.
                            Please keep us updated on the welfare of her children.
                            Lady Godiva
                            Cambridge UK
                            Do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplomat View Post
                              Absolutely!

Thanks for providing us with such an wonderful tribute to Sweets final day with 'us'
                              http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
                              in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

Just want to leave my condolences,to the family and friends of sweetsop,not been on the board
                                for a long time but just learnt of her passing,I am very sad to hear,I have never met her but
                                through my interaction with her on the board it,s like someone I knew personally,she will be missed.
                                bigger badder and browner !

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X