Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Jamaica - Hurricane Dean Post

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jamaica - Hurricane Dean Post

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keesha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in Mobay and the winds are picking up it is getting darker and the sea is getting real rough. Think the power will soon go... </div></div>

Please be safe! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70384-praying.gif[/img]
    Live each day, each moment to the fullest with your whole attention..

Comment

30 foot wave Morant Bay...

eyewall may just touch Portland Point, or eyewall may miss island but come very close
      Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. ~Seneca~

Comment

• Re: Hurricane Dean!

Hello,in London, so I was up early this morning trying to get some information about my family and friends but couldn't. I wrote a poem to vent my frustration. The audio is more entertaining but I stll haven't figured out if I can upload it yet........

Mi wake up dis morning wid pain ina mi heart
        Hurricane Dean not changing its path
        It on its course
        Threatening to take on Jamaica as it chart its path

Mi turn on di radio and TV
        Jesus dem people in a di UK just a focus pon dem own business
        No detail news from yard
        Pure tings bout Europe and India an all

So mi heart start hurt me
        Mi too far from mi yard
        Mi family sleeping
        And mi hopping mad

Den mi turn to the internet
        God bless the inventa
        And thank God that America near
        So dem will pay likkle attention to wi affairs

Mi watch all the news and weather forecast
        Mi heart beating fast
        Lord save mi poor island
        And mek Dean stay far

The news nuh look or sound so good
        Mi tuning into power 106
        Thank God fi dem
        Mi get live coverage

Mi listening keenly
        Mi kneeling down on my knees
        Mi begging God
        Fi hear our humble pleas

So mi family and friends
        Nuh tink Dean easy at all
        Cause from what mi hearing
        It gaining strength and It naw change course at all!

Blessings to you all.

Comment

thanks for the greeting MountainGal ... been away far too long both from here and from Jamaica ... but spent the night listening to power106 and thinking of the place I hold dear.

The latest CNN report seemed pretty nonspecific ... repeat of talk about eyewall scraping the southern coast but I had the feeling they weren't at all sure what they meant (nothing new there I guess!)

Comment

Just spoke with family in May Pen, Clarendon. The rain has just begun. Falling real hard. The wind has picked up tremendously as is emphasised by their "bloody hell"..comments with the occaisional wind gusts...
            They also confirmed electricity is still on in May Pen Clarendon......
            I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

Comment

have switchec from Power 106 to NationWide radio with Cliff Hughes and company. it's much clearer.
              <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

some poor woman in Maverly a seh she alone and scared - har husband diddeh but im drunk anna sleep an "not even know what a clock a gwaan". [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]

only problem with NWR is dat it keep cutting out.

Comment

The eyewall is running along the 17th paralell. While portland point,the most southerly point of the island, is just over the 18th paralell. So there is about 45 to 50n miles offshore to thesouth and it seem to be travelling westerly. whith no inclination to go north at this rime.
                  Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

guys don't forget the various 24 hour weather channels. there is one in the trisate area here run by nbc ..and the head of the JA red cross was just on giving an update. abc also has a 24 hour weather channel too here in the tristate.
                    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mountaingal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some poor woman in Maverly a seh she alone and scared - har husband diddeh but im drunk anna sleep an "not even know what a clock a gwaan". [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img]

only problem with NWR is dat it keep cutting out.

</div></div>That is the limitation with internet radio. they have a finite capacity,and when they over loaded they shed listeners. you just have to keeep relading it when it does.
                      Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Just hear from Jean Lowrie-Chin (Jamaicans.com writer & Observer columnist in Jamaica) via her blackberry. Below is her message.

Wind roaring - trees coming down - heard that some fishermen refused to leave Pedro Cays despite warnings - now stranded out there. JPS had to cut power. However telephone services still good.
                        Out of Many One People Online
                        http://www.jamaicans.com

Comment

some lady was just on fretting about a homeless man, and hoping that the HWT Police "pickup" crew (mi nat even know dem ha dat) find di homeless man.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

Comment

Talking with my cousin in Kingston, lots of rain, wind, no flooding. She is just above Waterloo Road, across from the Mega Mart.
                            7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

The hurricane hunter airplane found the strongest winds in the outer eyewall, about 140 mph/120 kts and the storm is moving about 280 degrees, just north of due west at 20 knots. You can add the 20 knots the storm is moving to the wind speed, which would yield 140 kts (160 mph) in the northern eyewall. Some of these winds could be reaching Portland Point in the next few hours as the northern eyewall arrives there.

Comment

what's this now that the eye won't hit land, will be about 30 miles out to sea from the coast? in other words, Dean is changing course?

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X